NLDS: Atlanta Braves vs. Los Angeles Dodgers. Kershaw to start on 3 days rest.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#851 Posted by GamerForca (7077 posts) -
Let's go Barves!
#852 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15653 posts) -
Let's go Barves!GamerForca
Medlen looked good in the 1st, and J-Up had a nice battle with Kershaw. Made an out, but worked the pitch count.......
#853 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

For the Braves/Dodgers series I see the Braves as a solid team with no Ace. Kershaw is clearly the best pitcher in the NL and is pitching twice, Freddy Garcia is pitching Game 4 for the Braves. Yikes :?  Braves have some problems with lefties and they will face one three times this series. The Braves offense striked out more than any other NL team, Dodgers staff had the 2nd most strikeouts in the NL. Dodgers bullpen looks shaky. Dodgers in 5.

#854 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

Detroit vs. A's. In general, the most important factor for me when picking a series is the starting pitching. Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez are a formidable threesome. A's have Colon and a bunch of quality but underwhelming arms. I will take the Tigers in 4.

Red Sox vs. Rays. Sox rotation seems fine, Rays looks better. But the Red Sox offense looks much better and could get significant at bats against a shaky Rays bullpen. I will begrudgingly take the Red Sox in 5.

#855 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -

Detroit vs. A's. In general, the most important factor for me when picking a series is the starting pitching. Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez are a formidable threesome. A's have Colon and a bunch of quality but underwhelming arms. I will take the Tigers in 4.

Red Sox vs. Rays. Sox rotation seems fine, Rays looks better. But the Red Sox offense looks much better and could get significant at bats against a shaky Rays bullpen. I will begrudgingly take the Red Sox in 5.

Master_Live
I got the A's in 5 I hope Rays win that series but I agree the safe bet is Red Sox pull away.
#856 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSP107"] I got the A's in 5

F*ck my life.
#857 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -
Ummmm, I think Gordon was out.
#858 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Great win tonight for my Barves.

#859 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
buccos go 1-1 on the road. now they bring it on home!
#860 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4117 posts) -
Another great outing for Scherzer.
#861 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17125 posts) -

Alright 1 down for my Tigers!

#862 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7342 posts) -

Ummmm, I think Gordon was out. Master_Live

iKN9Ay0Ok4Lee.gif

#863 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Ummmm, I think Gordon was out. Bikouchu35

iKN9Ay0Ok4Lee.gif

lol, the reaction was great, totally meme-able.
#864 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
It's all good until it costs you a game Donnie 2X, buntfu****, no righty to pinch hit for lefty vs. lefty and of course...........facing Heyward instead of Reed Johnson just for lefty v lefty..........oyyyy veeeyyyyy
#865 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -
YEAAAAAAAH!!!
#866 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
Faaaaaaaaack idk what was worse A) CB Buckner doing a postseason game B) AL "moneyball" team bunting when there's a guy already in scoring position (and got nothing in the inning, surprise) C) The person with the "The Best Stadium" poster :lol:
#867 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Faaaaaaaaack idk what was worse C) The person with the "The Best Stadium" poster :lol:

eh?
#868 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Braves are f*cked. Even if they take it 5 they're not beatin Kershaw.

#869 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
a win tomorrow at home would be an amazing way to close the series for the pirates!!!
#870 Posted by GamerForca (7077 posts) -

Braves are f*cked. Even if they take it 5 they're not beatin Kershaw.

36Ounces
They quit. I think this series is over.
#871 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4117 posts) -
Why the hell do they have playoff games on MLB Network? I can't watch the Tigers game tomorrow now...
#872 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7342 posts) -

Seems like the team always score well with Ryu starting regardless of his performance. Could he be hurt? I wouldn't count Braves out yet, but I'm feeling good with Kersh for possible g5 while up 2-1.

Crawford & Ramirez has been baws today, glad I stayed in to watch it.

#873 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
Why the hell do they have playoff games on MLB Network? I can't watch the Tigers game tomorrow now...Toxic-Seahorse
i'd be going to the pirates game today. but it starts at 3. :|
#874 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
It's closeout day!  ^^ I have the sister Ultrasones, awesome headphones :)
#875 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
#876 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

Important repercussions whether you win a series in 4 or 5. Dodgers in much better position with Kershaw starting Game 1 of the NLCS.

#878 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -
Why the hell do they have playoff games on MLB Network? I can't watch the Tigers game tomorrow now...Toxic-Seahorse
local station won't carry it? I mean the bears are playing this Thursday on NFL Network but people without cable can still watch it on local TV.
#879 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Why the hell do they have playoff games on MLB Network? I can't watch the Tigers game tomorrow now...starwarsjunky
i'd be going to the pirates game today. but it starts at 3. :|

and my boss just gave me the afternoon off & tickets!!!!!!
#880 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -
the cheater(johnny peralta) comes through.
#881 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

Oh now you relieve him? Good job Jimmy :lol:

#882 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -
lol@ "And that ball is gone" Matt Vasgersian
#883 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

WHAT THE FVCK are the Dodgers thinking? Kershaw on 3 days rest? I hope they get eliminated just for the incredible stupidity.

#884 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -
Beltran is a postseason god.
#885 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -
:lol: @ Balfour, I love it!
#886 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -
:lol: @ Balfour, I love it! Bobbles
I actually thought it was fans cursing. Live audio at it finest. lol
#887 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -
#888 Posted by PSP107 (11799 posts) -
#890 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -
Gotta say, the Braves will truly live to their name tonight. Because you gotta be a little numb and drunk to pitch Freddy Garcia with your season on the line.
#891 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

WHAT THE FVCK are the Dodgers thinking? Kershaw on 3 days rest? I hope they get eliminated just for the incredible stupidity.

Master_Live

It makes perfect sense when facing elim... no wait, they're leading the series.  It's not a must-win game.

Okay, it's no big deal since he didn't really work much last ti... no wait, he threw 124 pitches last time.  That's a lot of pitches for only 7 innings.  The final box score says he dominated, but that was a very shaky brand of dominance.  Hitters were working him into deep count after deep count.

Well, they needed him to stay out there last time because it was a close ga... no wait, they had a comfy 5 run lead after 6.  There was no reason to bring him out in the 7th, especially if there was ever a chance of starting him on short rest.

What the hell are they doing?

#892 Posted by GamerForca (7077 posts) -
Gotta say, the Braves will truly live to their name tonight. Because you gotta be a little numb and drunk to pitch Freddy Garcia with your season on the line. Master_Live
And Freddy Garcia ends up being the last reason the Braves lost. Instead, the Braves biggest strength all season (bullpen) chokes when it matters. Very typical, and very fitting.
#893 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
Thank you for saving us from another Donnie bunt**** URIBEAR!!!! And thank you Fredi for not believing in a 6 out save! :lol:
#894 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Fredi Gonzalez is the biggest c*cksuckin pos manager out there. You got the best closer in baseball an can't pitch him 2 f*ckin innings? lmao what a joke, f*ck that pendejo.

#895 Posted by GamerForca (7077 posts) -

Fredi Gonzalez is the biggest c*cksuckin pos manager out there. You got the best closer in baseball an can't pitch him 2 f*ckin innings? lmao what a joke, f*ck that pendejo.

36Ounces
With a day off tomorrow too. Frediot has been a joke manager his entire career. Uggla's replacement went an eye-opening 1 for 13 in the series.
#898 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

GamerForca

With a day off tomorrow too. Frediot has been a joke manager his entire career. Uggla's replacement went an eye-opening 1 for 13 in the series.

That's probably what Uggla would of gone. 1 for 13 with a homer and 12 k's.

#900 Posted by yokofox33 (29349 posts) -

What umpire did Chris Johnson hide behind when he tried to pick a fight with Puig?