worst reasons to hate a game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

lets face it, were as humans, total idiots, and we all have stupid reasons to do things, one thing we do is hate things we dont have any legitiment reasons to hate, what are the worst you have said or have heard?

bias, ie comparing games that realy arent that relay that common but you compar ethem anyway and end up hating 1 games and loving the other when ou could be loving both, examples: cod and halo, siants row and gta 4, FF to anything ever cause people realy love comparing this to somthing

when a sequal is too different than the original it sucks, isnt that backwards, it should be when a game is exactly the same as its previous installment then it sucks, tlel me would you rather pay 60 bucks for a new game that is all its own, or would your rather buy a sequal to a game thats the exact same game as the first but with new weapons and a few new maps,

letting reviews and other people's oppinions persuade yours, a oppinion is somthign that is different form eash perosn to person....unless of course someone lets someone elses views become their own for the sole purpose more people think it or someone they like says s0(freind or reviewer)

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

Worst reason to hate a game is..

-No iron sights

-Playing a multiplayer game for 2 rounds and losing at it and then assuming you're bad at the entire gameeven tho you've just begun.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Weapons "feel weak" in regards to certain shooters. That normally just throws me off base.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
I hate how people hate games just because it is not like call of duty. A game has no iron sights. People play one game and then hate because they think they suck at it eventhough they are newbs. ppl take to many bullets mainly all these are all the things that ppl hate on halo for
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Because it's on a different system that they don't own/prefer. People who dislike games based on this are not gamers at all.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Here is one of my personal ones that I don't like hearing - the graphics are bad. Especially if we're talking about an old game, such as Resident Evil 2. The graphics may not look very good, but at it's time they were amazing and not only that but the graphics actually make those games in the end. Even the newer games, I have heard some people say that if the graphics are bad they aren't getting the game :P. To me, graphics are only a bonus. If graphics look amazing, it's awesome! you know, but if they are just very average (or admittedly at times aren't that great, depending on what I am playing, of course), I don't let it bother me as long as the gameplay is top notch. :)
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Graphics.

theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theSteeeeels
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts
because of the colour of its case
CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 CrazyOldDave
Member since 2009 • 245 Posts

Difficulty of the game, If you can't beat the game then suck it up and try again, same applies strongly to shooters, fighting games, and many others. I mainly believe this because as gamers we get better through practice and that is usually one of the fun parts of playing, if you can't beat the game then it doesn't mean its bad or should be hated maybe the player that hates the game should really hate them self for being so closed minded.

TommyWieseau81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TommyWieseau81
Member since 2011 • 455 Posts
"its too difficult" No, you just SUCK AT IT!
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Brand Loyalty. I can understand the childish version, where someone is too young to have a job and their parents only buy them one system. The other version boggles my mind, where someone buys one console--can technically afford the others--but insists on keeping that one console and claiming its superiority, all while developing actual HATE towards the other consoles and their games.

I don't own a wii, but I recognize that Galaxy 2 is probably the most well thought out, polished game this generation.

Kuroda99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kuroda99
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

"omg teh kharacther lukes lyk a homo this gaem sux!!!11"

Example: MGS2

Avatar image for TheOrangeNinjah
TheOrangeNinjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheOrangeNinjah
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
"My friend told me it sucks so it must suck." or "It looks childish."
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

"This game has bad graphics, it sucks."

miltpauris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 miltpauris
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

Graphics, probably.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts
I hate the excuse some people use to not play other games because they feel the one game they play is the best and therefor reason to not play the other inferior games; that's like the worst excuse, after all how do they know it's the best if they don't bother to dabble in the other games, plus even if they're right that does not mean that the other games aren't still pretty fun by themselves. Plus I'd probably get really bored with gaming if I only stuck to so few games.
CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CrazyOldDave

I hate the excuse some people use to not play other games because they feel the one game they play is the best and therefor reason to not play the other inferior games; that's like the worst excuse, after all how do they know it's the best if they don't bother to dabble in the other games, plus even if they're right that does not mean that the other games aren't still pretty fun by themselves. Plus I'd probably get really bored with gaming if I only stuck to so few games.lamprey263
I'm guessing you see this quite often from CoD fanboys?

Edit: I don't want to seem like a hater, CoD is not a bad game but I see many players of the game rejecting other titles for many prejudice reasons and their own problems.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts
Bad voice acting(Crash Time 3 has the worst!) and bad camera movement in games.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#19 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Because it's popular or because it's rated E.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

The worst reason I've seen is "it's too hard!"

What, you want victory just handed to you? Trial and error is what makes the game fun.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]I hate how people hate games just because it is not like call of duty. A game has no iron sights. People play one game and then hate because they think they suck at it eventhough they are newbs. ppl take to many bullets mainly all these are all the things that ppl hate on halo for

yeah. it seems like "THIS GAME IS NOT CALL OF DUTY. THEREFORE IT IS A BAD GAME." syndrome is common
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

Flaws that have to do not much with the actual game itself.

Such as: It is on a system you dont own/dislike, a person/several people you dislike like it, it is popular, it is made by a dev you dislike.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

It doesn't have Call of Duty in the title.

Too hard

It's an exclusive

It's a downloadable game.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

"It looks crap" is the stupidest reason I have heard. A friend of mine wouldn't even download the FREE demo of Bulletstorm because it looked "crap" to him, but when I asked him, he couldn't say what about it looked "crap" to him, and anytime I got on Bulletstorm, even if it's just to go on the Gears 3 Beta, I get the lecture on how Bullestorm is the worst game ever made, despite the fact that all he has seen of the game is a few trailers. And yet this same guy bought Avatar: TLA, My Horse and Me 2 and all the Disney film tie-ins JUST to boost his gamerscore.

Lex224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lex224
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

To hate a game for having the majority of the market in a particular genre, e.g. hating COD because it's popular.

Some people do take pleasure in seeminly liking minority games, just for the sake of being more unique etc. Strange.

Of course, if you hate popular games for valid reasons, that's fine.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

For changing something from the original series.

That irritates me the most.

drochnathair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 drochnathair
Member since 2008 • 412 Posts

Disliking a game, or anything else for that matter, because of the fanbase is pretty much the dumbest reason imaginable.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#28 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

The worst reason I have seen someone have is that they disliked a game (an easy game) because they died. Or not liking it because it is on a certain console.

Some of the reasons listed here are actually really good reasons to lessen your enjoyment of a game. Having Iron Sights would often completely change how a game is played, a games graphics can help to immerse you in a world for story driven games or poor graphics or certain kinds of looks can make a person physically sick and unable to play a game, terrible voice acting can ruin important scenes in games and make something meant to be serious into a joke (Heavy Rain, laughter scene in FFX, most Lightgun games, Tenchu, etc).

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

"because its not a shooting game"

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Steep learning curve.

Bad graphics.

It's unpopular.

The single player story is too long. (How can a long single player story be a bad thing? If a game has 40+ hours in their single player campaign, you're really getting your money's worth.)

(This one is by far the worst reason to hate a game) The critics rated it below an 8.0. So many people won't even glance at a game if it receives a poor score on Gamespot or IGN. They'll just say what everyone else says about the game: "Just look at the scores, a low score means it sucks."

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Mewi
Member since 2006 • 386 Posts

"Not good enough graphics to play"

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

because its popular

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Due to what system it's on.
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

Laundry list time!

"It's not Call of Duty, so it must suck." -Every COD drone EVER

"It is Call of Duty, so it must suck." -Every vidya game hipster, EVER

"Teh graphix aren't amazing, so i don't want it!" -90% of 12-year-olds with a 360

"It's on PS3, so it must suck." -360 fanboys

"It's on 360, so it must suck." -PS3 fanboys

"It's on Wii, so it must suck." -People who don't have a Wii. Unless we're talking about Carnival Games or something. That's just awful.

"Nintendo is for babies!"

"Because it's not rated M!" -Half the 12 or 13 year olds who play COD

"Because it's rated M and I can't get it!" -The other half of the gaming 12-and-13 year olds who can't play M games.

"The commercial wasn't that good."

"(X game/series/genre) is/are GAY LOL" - 80% of all 12 or 13 year old COD drones

The list goes on.

CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CrazyOldDave

Laundry list time!

"It's not Call of Duty, so it must suck." -Every COD drone EVER

"It is Call of Duty, so it must suck." -Every vidya game hipster, EVER

"Teh graphix aren't amazing, so i don't want it!" -90% of 12-year-olds with a 360

"It's on PS3, so it must suck." -360 fanboys

"It's on 360, so it must suck." -PS3 fanboys

"It's on Wii, so it must suck." -People who don't have a Wii. Unless we're talking about Carnival Games or something. That's just awful.

"Nintendo is for babies!"

"Because it's not rated M!" -Half the 12 or 13 year olds who play COD

"Because it's rated M and I can't get it!" -The other half of the gaming 12-and-13 year olds who can't play M games.

"The commercial wasn't that good."

"(X game/series/genre) is/are GAY LOL" - 80% of all 12 or 13 year old COD drones

The list goes on.

KillerWabbit23

This information needs a press release!! xD

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Worst I heard is " theres not any blood, so its the worst game evarrr" after discussing Arkham Asylum with someone. I also know quite a few people who believe that any multi-player game without killstreaks are lame.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Because its call of duty and call of duty is "the same rehashed crap every year" YAWN :roll: ..and they are determined that the game sucks without even playing it. /Thread.
TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

Graphics.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

Hating on a game cause you visited a Game related website and saw random people who haven't even played the game hate it and so typical "wanting-to-belong" kicks in and voila.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Haha, oh yeah, forgot about my friend.

"You can't jump in this game, it sucks."

CD-i_ownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CD-i_ownz
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

Taking everything that a "professional" reviewer says about a game as fact, despite those people having never played the game themselves. That equates to pretty much all the stupid comments about "pop games" listed here. I'm fine with having a debate with someone who has played the game as thouroughly as I have, but all those "You play what? Dude I hear that game sucks." conversations need to stop.

Case in point: MAG. Even though I followed it through development,I was actually discouraged to play that game after seeing reviews like IGN, complaining about things like bad graphics and innacurate controls, but I bought it and have enjoyed it more than any FPS in recent memory. Even though it takes up a large chunk of my gaming time, all attempts to bring it up in conversation have been disastrous. Besides the universal oppisition in favor of Black Ops, the few people who have actually heard of the game just site things like "you play that **** The reviews were awful" and "I played the demo, the controls were terrible, and there's no, like, guns like in Black Ops". All my arguments defending MAG ("A larger scale means a higher skill ceiling for different strategies, you actually have to use teamwork to win in MAG") are quickly shot down.

Yep, fanboyism in a nutshell.

Enforcer246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Enforcer246
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

"This sucks because it's not in HD"

"It's too difficult"

"No multiplayer"

"Can't record stats"

"This isn't colored the way that I want it to be"

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

I would say something along the lines of "I can't play it."

I've seen a lot of people call fighting games hard or bad just because they don't know how to put more than a few minutes in to a character.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

"You can't walk and shoot at the same time."