worst example of microtransactions in single-player game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

What is the worst example of microtransactions in a single-player game you ever saw? Mine would be the unfair cars in Need For Speed: ProStreet as you can unlock better cars early in the game which is an unfair advantages against AI racers. Back then microtransactions are new concept and most people of that time thought it would be awesome, which it not today.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I'm assuming we are disqualifying all Free to Play games, otherwise Dungeon Keeper 2014 would take the cake with its "Wait 24 hours to build a room or pay $1 do do it immediately" crap.

I'd say probably Dead Space 3, which offered a hardcore mode with no saving and scarce ammo and health, and also featured a store to buy ammo and health components with real money. Either that or Fable 3, which only allowed you to craft ultimate weapons after obtaining components via coop play, but coop (already locked behind the Xbox Live paywall) could only be played with a friend who had the exact same DLC content as you, including the stupid $1 pack to unlock the color black for clothes.