World of Warcraft saves children's lives

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

12 year old Norwegian, Hans Jørgen Olsen tells at Nettavisen website that he faced an enraged moose with his 10 year old sister in the woods. Skills, which Olsen learned from the World of Warcraft game became useful.
According to Nettavisen.no website, the enraged moose attacked the girl first, but Hans used the skills that he had learned from the Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) called World of Warcraft.

Hans exploited these skills by taunting the moose repeatedly with a stick, which gave his sister the opportunity to escape. After that the moose focused attention to Hans, but he started to feign death when moose lost interest. The moose kicked him a few times thinking that if he was dead.

"When you hit level 30, you learn a new skill called 'feign death'. Thats what I did, I lay down as if I was dead, and then the moose lost interest in me," says Hans at Nettavisen.no website.

Well, one life saved, millions destroyed

/discuss

Source: http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/15268-WoW_Saves_Children039s_Lives/#849343

walrusgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 walrusgod
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts

I'm not sure I really have words for that. Someone should give World of Warcraft a cookie for their help in the community. I'm also wondering if he only tried to feign death when he found out you can't actually cast fireballs in real life.

Really, all kidding aside, good for the kid for saving his sister and living to tell about it. But let's not give the game too much credit for it, please.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
What a noob. Personally, I would have cast Immolate then finished it off with my Shadow Bolts.
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
I cannot believe WoW gets credit for this kids bravery. Still,its rather funny,hit the moose with a stick then fall down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 112505
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
I used to do that in raids. Pull the massive raid boss near a priest and feign death. :)
jakjbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 jakjbt
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts

well WOW has destroyed millions of lives

dont belive me go to this link :http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1008/Make-Love-Not-Warcraft.html

had to put this in