Will there be "splicing" in the new Star Wars motion pictures?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

Poll Will there be "splicing" in the new Star Wars motion pictures? (5 votes)

Yes, splicing will make it into at least one of the upcoming new Star Wars movies 0%
No. there will not be splicing in the new Star Wars movies. 80%
What the h*ll is splicing? 20%

Play the Kotor games? Remember splicing? Splicing's computer hacking in the Star Wars universe.

Video game Knights of The Old Republic -- which as far as I know coined the term before Lucas -- has been a major success in its own right which may pave the way to see it referenced in the movies. That would be the "yay-vote" school of thought I imagine.

"Nay vote" reasoning might be: it hasn't been in a movie yet that I recall. Why would they do it now?

Hacking is everywhere though in the real world, from Anonymous to even tabloids referring to routine real-life shortcuts as "hacks." 'Try this dinner hack!' 'Try this learning hack!'

JJ Abrams seems like a pretty modern guy. Maybe he's even a gamer? Perhaps we will get splicing. No?

• 
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Is the question about hacking in general or the term "splicing"? If it's hacking in general, that has already been in pretty much every Star Wars movie to date.

-Byshop

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I remember just letting Mission Vao do all the hacking work.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

The expanded universe has been erased so outside of R2-D2 sticking his pole in a hole, I can't imagine tons of "hacking" or "splicing".

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

All good points. Just know that if the word 'splicing' is mentioned in the new movies I'll be sittin' there thinkin' of you guys.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

I want lesbians ans violence. The movies are getting behind on the TV series. screw the 12 certificates all those kids are into is Team Fortress and Minecraf anyways. Anyone worth watching a movie wants lesbians and violence.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Evil_Saluki said:

I want lesbians ans violence. The movies are getting behind on the TV series. screw the 12 certificates all those kids are into is Team Fortress and Minecraf anyways. Anyone worth watching a movie wants lesbians and violence.

Disney grants your lesbian wish, enjoy.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@Evil_Saluki said:

Excuse, Evil Saluki. He is also stalking me on steam. You all aren't suppose to know what he's talking about; the lil' anonymous d*uche is just happy to be getting my attention.

Hey, Saluki. Way to go, anonymous d*uche. You must be real proud of yourself sittin' there in your anonymous-virgin land.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

No because R2D2 does all of the computer engineering and he doesn't talk about it.