why people want to destroy games that i love?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998864a726a0
deactivated-5998864a726a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5998864a726a0
Member since 2014 • 105 Posts

Why people want that nintendo change? I love nintendo because nintendo games are more imaginative than a lot of ps3/360 games, because they dont want to be mature, they want to be fun, i feel bad when people want that nibtendo do games in other consoles. I like having i my nintendo games in the two nintendo consoles of the generation.

But one thing that i hate with all my soul is reading people or articles saying that nintendo need to do games for smarthphone or do games with microtranslations. (Yes i have read the yahoo article), this do me feel very bad. It is like if you have in your city a gourmet restaurant where you love eat and some people want to see it converted in a generic, fastfood reustaurant.

This scared me a lot because i know that sometimes when people think that one thing is going to happen, it happen but only because they thought it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@chimchargirl: Nintendo have done the same ip's for the last 15 years and barely made any new ones

Podestrians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 Podestrians
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

Love my Wii U games, but it's a lot to ask people to buy a whole console to play a handful of new Nintendo titles. In my opinion it would be ideal if they could get on par with the other consoles (or thereabouts) so that they can get the 3rd party games and supplement them with their own titles. They also need to sort out their whole attitude to network gaming

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

well, COD and AC belongs to Wii U cuz...hipsters ya know

EDIT: just saiyan

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@The_Last_Ride

Same IPs but different gameplay... Nobody likes Nintendo because of their mascots, atleast not for 20 straight years in a row.

I'f you're a gameplay whore such as myself then it doesn't matter if its always Mario, just as long as he is Karting in one game and playing golf in another.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@chimchargirl

Don't worry, I don't want Nintendo to change either. They make the best games.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

The same thing is happening on ps4 and xbox one the same games every year, cod, assassin creed etc, new ips are few and far between.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

They don't need to stop making their flagship games. But it would be nice to see them branch out of the slowly paced hand holding they do now with every tittle they release. I've grown up and no longer want to wait around for dialogue boxes that take forever or a tutorial that treats me like I'm mentally deficient. I'd also like t o play some more mature stories the last of us is an amazing example. Doesn't need to be that graphic but story wise and setting it was great. Zombi u... Well ya I think we know which one's the better of the two, and will appeal more to an older audience, that they seem to be losing at an alarming rate. I think sales show this trend very distinctively, as the WiiU still doesn't sell as expected and it sells the least amount of games out of all three new gen consoles.

I haven't had one of their consoles since the ness or one of their handhelds since gameboy color. And the biggest reason is they don't offer me games that don't look specifically childish and treat me like I'm a a 7 year old who can barely read. I'm not saying they can't eb fun because I like a lot of their tittles but lets face it. Times have changed and if Nintendo doesn't start offering more to bring in it's aging fan base then they will die off as a hardware manufacturer and exist as sega does.

So many companies go under do to not innovating, making new products or keeping up with modern times, and the wants of the consumer for those times. Nintendo lost a lot of faith last gen with people as the Wii though financially a hit, was a complete disaster for anyone who plays games as their main form of entertainment. And now with the WiiU they've stuck with the same old school business model and ideas, and it's backfired considerably. As now they have to play cath up to the rest of the competition in this field.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@yukushi

Worse yet, its new IPs with the same old gameplay.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@yukushi: Sony does a good job with them, just look at last year. Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, Rain ,etc for PS3

@Lulu_Lulu: How is Super Mario Galaxy vastly different to Mario 64? How is Mario Kart 64 anyway different in the core gameplay to Mario Kart 8? Those are the same aswell, even if they are good.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

To someone who doesn't appreciate gameplay all that much I'm sure they would think they're all the same.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

To someone who doesn't appreciate gameplay all that much I'm sure they would think they're all the same.

They all have the same core gameplay mate

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Ofcourse they have the same core gameplay... That applies literally to thousands of games.

The tiny nuances in the gameplay is what makes them different.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I don't want Nintendo to change. I want Nintendo to get better, and to stop catering only to hardcore Nintendo loyalists. I want them to continue to make the great games they keep making BUT I also want them to make those more mature games that people left Nintendo for. Yes, I know Nintendo is a family company, but families also like playing other games besides Mario and Zelda.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I really don't get why people say that Nintendo only produces the same IPs over and over again.

It simply isn't true, for a number of reasons:

(1) They rarely do anything as bad as having 3 new Uncharted games in a single generation, or COD/AC's yearly releases.

I mean, you could complain about there being 8 Mario Kart games, but there has never been multiple Mario Kart releases on a single system. Same with Smash Bros. Zelda games trend between 1-2 new games per platform. Core Mario platofrmers tend to be 1-2 per system as well (although things get muddy when you consider spin-off series like Paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros, or Mario 3D Land - which are all essentially different).

Pokemon games are the big exception, and even then, just about every second release is a remake designed to help newer players complete their collections.

Still, people would complain if Nintendo announced a new Metroid Prime game...oblivious to the fact that the last Metroid Prime game came out 7 years ago.

(2) Nintendo constantly re-invent their IPs.

Mario Bros 1 was completely different to Mario Bros 2, both took a big leap to Mario Bros 3; the formula was then completely changed for Mario 64; which was changed again in Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy. The next core Mario title will undoubtedly shake up the formula again - but people will see 'Mario' in the title and complain about it.

Meanwhile...Zelda 2 was completely different to Zelda 1; Zelda 3 defined the formula; Ocarina of Time taught the world how to make 3D action adventure games, but Nintendo then went in an entirely different direction with Majora's Mask. Wind Waker was a radical departure, Twilight Princess was criticised for being too familiar, and Skyward Sword went all-out with experimental combat. That's not counting the handheld games, which experimented with train driving, focuses on puzzles, and non-linearity.

Then you have Metroid being turned into a shooter and all sorts of things.

Point is, you sometimes get more variation between successive Nintendo sequels than you get from 10 years of sequels from other companies.

(3) Nintendo does make new IPs all the time.

Some fade quickly (like the Steel Diver games). Some are massive successes (like Wii Fit). Few ever reach the heights of their core franchises, so they're rarely talked about - but at a guess, I'd say they produce at least three new IPs every year.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I don't want Nintendo to change. I've been enjoying their games for nearly 30 years and it's because of their core franchises that I still buy their systems.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@JustPlainLucas

If you think about it, Nintendo doesn't make any fewer mature games than Microsoft Does.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

With the way the current gen is going, Nintendo is the only company offering unique experiences. They do not need to change their games, what they do need to change is the number of 3rd party developers they have publishing games on their systems. If Nintendo had the same 3rd party support as the other systems it would be the best system to own, hands down.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

It's Nintendo. You're afraid of change?