why is your game collection not big enough?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jessey-Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Jessey-Stone
Member since 2011 • 375 Posts

ofcourse goes to people like me who dont have such a hughe collection

to me it is the fact that im 18 and since the summer ive been looking for a job and have no cash also my city pretty much is dry in the legacy gaming department and if people have something good they put ridicolous prices on it.

so why dont you have a hughe collection?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

well I have 394 or so games so I suppose I have a bigger collection than most, but then there are people who make my collection look pretty pathetic.

why do I not have more games? a combination of money, storage space, not having every console ever made , etc.

Celifrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Celifrog
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts
I want a sega master system! :)
HallowBastion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 HallowBastion
Member since 2004 • 9906 Posts

I have around 230, and honestly, it doesn't really matter. I don't have the interest, time, and resources to play every single game on every single system EVAR, and I don't feel bad at all. Neither should anyone else feel bad, really.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I don't know the exact number of games I own, but I know it's a pretty big number.

To answer your question, there is no such thing as a video game collection being big enough.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I'm 17 and don't have time to get a job because of school. I've pretty much run out of other ways to make money too (neighbors don't hire me to do lawn work anymore, etc.). So I rarely get to buy games anymore... Otherwise my collection would be much bigger.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I'm at around 330 games, and just under 20 consoles. And my collection isn't big enough because there are still games out there that I want to play. As far as the consoles go, I kind of have this idea of a mini gaming museum in my man-cave so I try and get any console I don't already have when I see them for a good price.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
I actually like the size of my collection :P I got an Xbox, PS2 (filled with PS1 games as well), N64, SNES, PSP, and very small DS (with GBA and GB games in small boxes so I can fit them) shelf, filled with game cases and some strategy guides, It's not big enough only because of myself, I'm not looking to own a vast collection, like I see some of the pictures all around the Web, I just want a collection, that is filling my needs as a gamer and something that I can have fun with :P Even when I was at college, I brought along my PS2 games with the console and about 10-15 games in a shoebox, so I can have quick access and have some fun to beat away the studying, but the collection is obviously larger now than it was then, mainly because I got a good paying job that I can live, eat, and buy comfortably without struggling :P I even made a small part of my budget, dedicated to spending 20-40 bucks a month on my collection, to improve and look nice :D, this includes games, strategy guides, posters, cleaning equipment to make some of my prized possessions look nice and presentable for myself :D
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

My collection continuously grows, but I will never be one of those guys with 10,000+, or even 5000+ games. I am very stingy about what I buy, and I make sure that on top of the game being in good condition that it is actually a game that I enjoy, or I could see myself enjoying. In other words, I will never be buying every sports game made for a console just to have a complete collection for a given console. So I guess it is my own personal tastes that get in the way of me having a huge collection, but I can realistically see myself breaking the 1000 video game mark within the next five years of my life.

leapMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 leapMC
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

No money and no space.

I never had a bedroom so I have to keep all of my games in a cardboard box.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

This is the esitmated # of games I have for each console so far

SNES-25

N64-25

PS2-40

DC-10 or so

GC-20 (use to have a ton more weird uncommon games that I got for cheap, but I gave away the one I've played to death)

Xbox-15 (rebuilding my collection after my xbox died and I gave away a lot of my games)

360/PS3-mid 20s

PC-Lots lol

So overall somewhere between 150-200. Probably not as big as most here. I also have Genesis, but I got it not that long ago, so I only have 2 games. There are still a ton of games I want to try, and the only consoles I really feel I've close to maxed out is the N64, but there are still a couple games I haven't tried.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

i need more Saturn and original xbox games but i dont have the money

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

I will keep buying and collecting games till I'm satisfied with the how manly my man cave is.