Why do people buy all three consoles?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jameslangford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jameslangford
Member since 2003 • 49 Posts

Sometimes I see posts where people buy a X360, PS3 and Wii. I really don't understand it, I am thinking that this is very spoiled kids or people with way too much time on their hands. The price is always mentioned as a buying factor, but if you buy all the systems you are looking at $1000 worth of hardware and much more for games and accesories for all 3 systems.

I am 33 and have a great job and could afford to buy all 3, but it seems like a waste of money. I also have barely enough time to play now. So why would someone buy all 3 systems, how much money and time do you spend gaming in general? Just curious.

BTW, I have owned a Wii, enjoyed it for a time, and sold it to buy a PS3 recently. But I just refused to own two systems, because I knew I would not play enough.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
You don't need all three if you don't have time. It would be like any other hobby that you have if you only have a small amount of time to do. I don't want the Wii, tried it and it wasn't worth the money for me. Would get a PS3 but don't really need it, so if I do someday then thats great. If I don't then I just missed out on some games, and life will go on. I hear what you say, and if its for bragging rights then that is kind of a waste. But some people just love to game and they will get the most out of it i suppose.
shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 shemrom
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

I guess people buy all three because then thay can get any game they want that comes out.

I also think that the ones with all three are spoiled. Or they just have a job and got there own money to buy it, but why you need all three?

In time i guess they could buy them onne by one but let face it. I haven;t touch the wii for almost a year now, why, cause there arn't any games that i want to play anymore. This year there only two games I'm eyeing on for the Wii. Deadly Ceatures and House of the Dead-OverKill.

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#4 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
So they can experience every game that comes out if they want.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44560 Posts
Well I don't own all three yet but the reason I do it is so I don't have to worry about not being able to play a game I really want because I don't own that particular system. I also don't have to always be playing on them either. Also no I am not a spoiled kid and no I do not have too much time on my hands. Just because YOU don't want to own all three systems at a time doesn't mean you should go around throwing labels on people that do.
jameslangford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jameslangford
Well I don't own all three yet but the reason I do it is so I don't have to worry about not being able to play a game I really want because I don't own that particular system. I also don't have to always be playing on them either. Also no I am not a spoiled kid and no I do not have too much time on my hands. Just because YOU don't want to own all three systems at a time doesn't mean you should go around throwing labels on people that do.Archangel3371
I am not trying to bash anyone, I just don't understand the motivation. How old are you? How much time would you say you spend gaming per week? Do you or your parents buy most of the gaming stuff you have? Like I said I am just curious.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Top 3 Reasons people buy all 3 :

1. Exclusive titles

2. Exclusive titles

3. Exclusive titles.

LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

Alright, I own all three and I can totally explain why.

First off I'm 29, I work for a decent Fortune 500 company and my wife works for a Fortune 100 company. We are fairly well off and make over six figures combined.

The reason that I wanted all three systems is simple, exclusives. Sure, they are going the way of the dodo, but it used to be the only way to get the games you wanted. Did you want Halo or MechWarrior (a selling point for me)? You needed an Xbox. Want to play Mario? You need Nintendo's console. Square was a Nintendo 3rd party developer for the early 90's. So Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger and the Secret games were all on the SNES. Sports games were better on the Genesis and they had some exclusives like Sonic and Toe Jam and Earl, so I had that for them.

Back in the day I owned all the consoles when I saved my money from jobs that I had. I've been working since I was 14 and when I had no financial responsibilities I would buy games with my money.

Currently I own all three for the exclusives right now. MLB 08 The Show is the best baseball game of the current gen and it is a PS3 exclusive, so is Valkryia Chronicles and Hot Shots Golf. The Xbox still has Halo and has some awesome games on XBLA. The Wii has the standards, Mario, Zelda and the likes.

So if you want to know why I own all the consoles I can say that it is just because I want to be able to buy any game that I want if I want.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
so if i get bored with one system i can go to another i don't have a wii the but i do have the 360 pc and ps3
jameslangford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jameslangford

That's why I am asking, I am wondering who this is and the motivation. I was wondering if this was parents lavishly spending on their children. if you earn your money, its your right to spend it how you like (for the parents too).

At the 29 year old, do you have any children? I play games about 10+ hours a week and it seems like I am letting down other stuff I need to do when I do it that much. So i was also wondering if it was worth it because you were able to use all three consoles enough to spend what you needed too. As you know when you work full time you only have so many hours in the day.

LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

A the 29 year old, do you have any children? I play games about 10+ hours a week and it seems like I am letting down other stuff I need to do when I do it that much. So i was also wondering if it was worth it because you were able to use all three consoles enough to spend what you needed too. As you know when you work full time you only have so many hours in the day.

jameslangford

No, I do not. However I am very active at my Temple and I have other extracarricular activities (softball and bowling teams) that keep me away from the consoles but I still purchase the occasional game. I don't use my PS3 or Wii as much as the 360 (most games + widest amount of games that both the wife and I like) but I still keep the 360 for Blu Ray and the exclusives (I play The Show or Valkyria Chronicles while doing cardio) and the Wii has its share of fun games. Again, the big cost is the consoles, so if I make that purchase it isn't going to break the bank every time I want a game.

Plus when having friends over having multiple systems helps. If you have someone that is somewhat proficent in gaming the 360 is just fine, but if you have someone who doesn't play much than the Wii can be fun.

For the time constraint, gaming is never the priority, and really, if you aren't buying all that many games there really isn't a felt obligation to spend time with the consoles. Sure my Fable II game isn't complete yet, but that is in part because I am a perfectionist in games and I want to complete all of the quests. I play around 10 hours as well, most of it on the weekends or late at night, but again, I never let it be the focus of what I am doing.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
I've only owned all 3 last generation (not at once as I sold my Xbox fairly early). The reason that a person would want all 3 is exclusives. It doesn't have much to do with being spoiled cause many kids are able to save up from work if they live at home (High School kids and college students that go to community colleges). Though I never did have too many systems growing up I would very much like to have more than I do. Going retro is something I have been into the the past 2 years or so. If the hobby is strong enough why not get more systems? Really if you look at it from another angle one could argue that getting all 3 consoles is about the same as getting a new PC rig.
jameslangford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jameslangford

I hear what everyone is saying, I guess when I am playing a new game it usually takes me a month or more to give it enough time to play through it and then I may pick up another. So I was guessing that people are buying these things and spending 100 hours gaming per week, or the systems just sit there collecting dust. For me when I stopped playing my wii because the games out were just not for me, I sell it and move on to the next one.

The retro gaming thing is pure hobby, its a little different. My brother owns every console since NES and doesn't actively play them all (except XBOX version 1 or 360).

B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts
well maaybe they play one console then the next day they may want to play the other
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I have both HD consoles, a PSP, and a gaming PC for myself. My wife has a Wii and a DS. It's great, because I can play any game, and can play against my friends regardless of what platform they choose (obviously, only a subset of them for each game - I'm not buying multiple copies of a game unless it's REALLY good).
nikolai37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nikolai37
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
Well all three have good exclusives. I would only own one but if I really had extra oney to blow I wouldnt mind owning all 3.
Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
Waste of money? I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you. But I had the discretionary income to buy all three systems, and games I wanted on all three, without having to sacrifice other interests. I think I've regularly been getting my money's worth out of the 360 and PS3. As for the Wii, the highlights (No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Blast Works, TurboGrafx games on Virtual Console) and relatively low price tag have me more or less satisfied with the system, even if it doesn't get powered on every week.
sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#18 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts

Some people own all three consoles because there are great games that are exclusive to each (some examples: Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360, MGS4 on PS3, and Mario Kart on the WII). It is up to the individual whether or not that is a worthwhile investment, and it is not up to others to judge the wisdom of the purchase. If my house didn't need some major repairs, I would buy an Xbox 360 to add to my PS3 and Wii.

Also, there are a lot of spoiled brats out there.

deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
people get all 3 systems really to say they have them.do yo know how much money it is to buy games for 3 systems.
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
I own only two, x360 and ps3. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but I am a proud owner of both systems. the 360 has gears, fable, left 4 dead, halo. I love those games. I've always owned a playstation system. I got my ps3 first btw. The ps3 is great for Mgs4, uncharted, resistance and warhawk.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
1. I have the money. 2. I don't want to miss out on anything.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Because some gamers just want to play all games. And for some, to be a true gamer is to play as much games as possible.

Me, I just need one console per gen. I'm a gamer since late 80's (and yes I can afford all consoles per gen) but I think one is enough. I don't need to play all games out there. So what if I miss the great games of the other console? I don't see the point of "I don't want to miss anything".

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts
[QUOTE="jameslangford"]

A the 29 year old, do you have any children? I play games about 10+ hours a week and it seems like I am letting down other stuff I need to do when I do it that much. So i was also wondering if it was worth it because you were able to use all three consoles enough to spend what you needed too. As you know when you work full time you only have so many hours in the day.

LOEAnubis

No, I do not. However I am very active at my Temple and I have other extracarricular activities (softball and bowling teams) that keep me away from the consoles but I still purchase the occasional game. I don't use my PS3 or Wii as much as the 360 (most games + widest amount of games that both the wife and I like) but I still keep the 360 for Blu Ray and the exclusives (I play The Show or Valkyria Chronicles while doing cardio) and the Wii has its share of fun games. Again, the big cost is the consoles, so if I make that purchase it isn't going to break the bank every time I want a game.

Plus when having friends over having multiple systems helps. If you have someone that is somewhat proficent in gaming the 360 is just fine, but if you have someone who doesn't play much than the Wii can be fun.

For the time constraint, gaming is never the priority, and really, if you aren't buying all that many games there really isn't a felt obligation to spend time with the consoles. Sure my Fable II game isn't complete yet, but that is in part because I am a perfectionist in games and I want to complete all of the quests. I play around 10 hours as well, most of it on the weekends or late at night, but again, I never let it be the focus of what I am doing.

Well said LOEAnubis. I'm the same boat as you (31 yrs old, good income). And I have 2 kids. Gaming is never my priority and I mostly play at night when everyone is sleeping.

Having the 3 systems means that I dont necessarily have to buy an "ok" game in between good releases. There's always a good game waiting for me.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

When you're an adult with a job, buying three game consoles just isn't that big of a deal.

I like games, and I want to be able to play all of the best ones ... therefore, I bought all three platforms. That's not too hard to understand, is it?

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bigd575
I have the money to get mine lol my parents ain't getting nothing for me.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
It's all about exclusives.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
For people who have the money and nothing better to do with it, go for it. If you want the AAA exclusives on each console, I guess that's a good enough reason. But up until this gen I've always had 2 consoles and one handheld (only a Wii and DS then gen). With those 3, I've never been able to get around to playing all of the games that I wanted to. That was when I had a lot more free time than I do now. My question is who has the time to play that many games?
AngeldeLys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AngeldeLys
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts

Well, I'm in my twenties, I work freelance and do independant contracting in several fields as diverse as web design and glamour modeling. I also work out every day. My husband has a stable 40 hour/week job. We have two children, a boy and a girl.

I kept all the systems I have had since my youth, all hooked up into our television and ready to play, and when I buy new ones, I generally stick to Sony systems and Nintendo systems simply because I love the exclusives on both those labels but have no interest in XBox exclusives.

The kids do keep us busy, but several times per week one or both of us will wind down and play. It's entertaining, it's relaxing, it's something we do for the same reason we would, say...watch a television program or a movie, only more interactive.

killeer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killeer2007
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts
Variety
Top-A-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Top-A-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
im a young one and when i get older im probably going to buy an xbox so i can play there exclusives.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
yeah, i have all three and frankly, i sort of resent TC's assumptions about me... The 360 came out a year before the other two consoles, and I got that as a Christmas present split between various family members. A year later, (I work on and off, depending on my degree/school situation) I bought the PS3 at launch for myself. A few months later, when the Wii was still really, really rare, my Mom saw it in stores and admittedly bought it for me, more because it was so hot and impossible to find than anythign else, and that she just happened to find it by accident and didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I offered to pay her for it, but my Mom's one of those people who won't take her kid's money no matter what and no matter her son's age. Ah well. Anyway, I've always owned all the major consoles on the market. I play a lot and gaming is by far my biggest hobby. It's a point of frustration when a game comes out that really appeals to you, that you really want, but simply can't play due to its being on another console. As a gamer, it's the worst feeling in the world. Furthermore, as gaming is such a big thing for me, i like to experience every bit of variety that the industry has to offer. Honestly, it's not so bad money-wise. I don't drive my car much, so spend little on gas. I don't spend much money at all on clothes. I don't eat at restaurants very regularly at all. I spend little on groceries, only buying what's on sale and such. I rarely, if ever, waste money on coffee or booze. When I'm not in school, i live at home, so no rent. When I am in school, scholarships and bursaries cover my tuition and dorm costs. If you spend the bare minimum necessary on consumables, you'll find that you can afford a lot of material goods. Restaurant-quality food, clothes, booze, etc have never been that vital to me, certainly not more important than gaming, so it's a fair trade. Unless an emergency crops up, or some event, I can usually afford a new full-priced game every week or two.
Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

I own all 3 consoles. I bought them about a year apart, not at one time.

I got the wii first (cheapest, innovative) I still love playing golf on it.

I bought the PS3 a year later when the format war was won. I wanted HD gaming and blu-ray to go along with my HDTV purchase.

I just recently picked up the 360 (price drop). The 360's library is quite nice.

All this time I kept up a gaming PC (upgrades) and still primarily game on that.

I can buy any game I choose, or buy it for the system it's best played on (Fallout 3 - PC)

I don't have to buy mediocre games to get me through dry spells.

I'm in my 30s and work for myself. My wife doesn't really mind me gaming at all. I may be distracted but I am at home instead of out at a strip club or worse.

I've also been gaming since Pong in the 70's. It's something I love to do. I don't really watch TV. I get bored. I'd rather be interacting with something instead of vegetating on the couch.

Oh, and I do other things besides gaming as well. :P

Jake2396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jake2396
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts
Exclusive games. Like how Halo 3 was for 360? And how MGS4 was for Playstation 3? And how Super Smash Brothers Brawl was for Wii? Yeah that's the biggest reason. and the reason i own all 3. When i was a kid i got pretty much every sytem out because i actually worked for it, such as getting good grades in school and that crap. So just because one would have every system doesn't mean they would be spoiled (if they worked for it)
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I never owned all three consoles. Hell, I've never owned two. Money is definitely an issue, but time is an even bigger one. I also never felt the need to buy multiple consoles. Like someone else said, so I miss out on some great games...so what? Playing them all was never my goal. In fact, I don't want to play them all. Years back when I started posting on forums and stuff I kind of got cought up and wanted to play as many games as possible just so I have something to say about them. I quickly realized that I was playing a lot of games that I could've easily never played and wouldn't have been any worse for it. So I decided to back away, play less different games, but really play the ones I have if you know what I mean.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I love gaming a lot and would love to have the time and dedication to put into each console... but I don't. So I found the one with the games I like the best and play it. I have acess to a good gaming PC and I have a DS but I rarely play either of those, its more of a time issue than anything else.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
I mainly believe (or at least want to :?) that it's because they want some specific games from all 3 platforms, thats the only reason i only i have 360, as i love Gears and Dead Rising :) and since Wii's games are generally too low for my standards and PS3 is expensive and it's games doesn't seem appealing.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think they buy it because they have time on thier hands. they don't know what system to play so why not get all 3. it will lead to not being a fanboy because they have all of the systems and allof the good games. it would be a lot of money. i only have a 360 and a PC that i play on.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Simply to get the best of all worlds!

I used to have all systems. I had to try them all out. I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. I'm not a big fan of the console war so I decided to get all the current gen consoles and their oh-so popular exclusives. THEN I decided which consoles to keep and which to get rid of because I still want to do what's best for my money (because money = more important than games I don't play often) so ended up selling one of the consoles.

I have tried everything of the current gen, made up my mind, did what was best for my money and now I'm all set.

Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Well I don't own all three yet but the reason I do it is so I don't have to worry about not being able to play a game I really want because I don't own that particular system. I also don't have to always be playing on them either. Also no I am not a spoiled kid and no I do not have too much time on my hands. Just because YOU don't want to own all three systems at a time doesn't mean you should go around throwing labels on people that do.jameslangford
I am not trying to bash anyone, I just don't understand the motivation. How old are you? How much time would you say you spend gaming per week? Do you or your parents buy most of the gaming stuff you have? Like I said I am just curious.

I am 29 years old, married with a child. I work 40 hours a week, have my masters degree will be going back for my Ph.D soon. I purchase my own systems. I purchased the 360 for games like Oblivion when it first came out and guess what, my wife played more than I. I then bought the PS3 for games that would be coming out including the blu ray feature. Guess what, my wife plays and watches more movies than I. I bought the Wii for the Nintendo exclusives and am not sorry I did because its the only way to play the Zelda's and Mario's of the world. So why did I purchase all three systems? Simple. Because I wanted to. I would say I spend maybe an hour a week playing games on the consoles.However I do not regret buying them and I would venture to say that my wife doesn't either.

Alan

DragonxanderPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 DragonxanderPR
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

I would say that's the same as complaining about sportspeople that dedicate 8-10 hours to their daily training, or people who have a car with ALL the extra features out there, or like any other serious hobby aficionados. Even so, remember that either (not necessarily all of the following):

-They have all consoles because they like general gaming

-They love many console exclusives they don't wanna miss out

-They want more variety and flexibility to share videogames with others

-They have a good amount of extra cash

-The 7th gen is dry in terms of amount of good games overall available (my case, even if I don't own all 3 systems). I happen to have a friend thatoriginally had a Wii and a PS3, and then bought the 360 Elite due to the game library.

-Maybe 3 TV consoles aren't that much (4 or 5 in a gen would be nice).

-They may be spoiled.

-They just want extra bragging rights.

-Maybe gaming is their only major hobby.

-Maybe they're videogame addicts.

-Other reasons I didn't remember when I wrote this...

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bigd575
When it comes down to it there so many reasons why someone would want all 3 consoles.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
People buy all three because each has its own exclusives that are worth playing. I personally wish there was only one major console instead of three, then it would be about competition between the games and not the hardware. We would, like already with PC, get all the games produced for the platform and not have to buy three different sets of hardware to play them.
Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
Well, I have all three systems myself. Why? Because there were certain games for each platform that pushed me to save up and buy all three. However, I sometimes think that it was a big mistake. While I do like all three consoles, I simply find myself not having as much time playing all three. The reason I bought an Xbox 360 was because of a few shooters that really appealed to me, like Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Lost Planet, and the likes. Earlier last year, when I played through Final Fantasy 7 again, it brought back the good memories of the really good exclusives the first two PS systems had, and I really wanted to play a few exclusives like Final Fantasy 13 (before I knew it was going multiplat), MGS4, Killzone 2, and Resistance. The reason I obught a Wii was because I was really drawn to the uniqueness of the Wii and I have been a fan of Nintendo since the Nintendo days, except for the N64. I just can't get into it. However, I find myself playing the Xbox 360 just a little more than the other two systems, mainly because I am big into shooters. I really like all three systems, I really do, and they all have great games for anyone. However, I think with the next generation consoles, I am gonna try my hardest to justs tick with one system because I find myself not having much time playing all these games now these days. I know some of you may think me for being a bit foolish for owning all three systems when I find myself not finding the time to play all the great games for the systems, and I can understand. I feel that way myself sometimes. But what can I say? I am a huge gamer, and it has been one of my greatest hobbies, aside writing stories.
Droymac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Droymac
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts

Top 3 Reasons people buy all 3 :

1. Exclusive titles

2. Exclusive titles

3. Exclusive titles.

Alter_Echo
Pretty much sums it up for me. I'm an avid 360'er, however, I wish wish wish I had a PS3 for the sole purpose of being able to play Metal Gear Solid 4. I'll probably just stick with my 360.
Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 374

#45 Uncanny_Doom
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts
It's a matter of priority. Everyone has different priorities. If you really love gaming and you feel there is little risk to be had buying three consoles, each costing hundreds of dollars, and further putting a hole in your wallet with games for each consoles, then that's each person's choice. Sometimes there's just so much of a platter of all these different meals on the table that people have to have a little bit of everything. I have all three systems, and although I buy very few games new, I still have had close to 40 Xbox 360 games, 20 Wii games, and 10 PS3 games. It all just depends on how far people are willing to go to have some fun playing video games.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
If I could afford it, I'd get all three consoles, both the DS and PSP, and the best most powerful gaming PC money can buy.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I only own a 360 and a Wii but I plan on getting a PS3, I don't feel I should have to explain what I spend my money on but I will anyway ;).

I got my Wii at launch with high expectations, it was good for the first year although it still wasn't keeping me that ammused, and after my bro inlaw played his 360 around ours on our old hdtv we wanted one lol.

Picked up an xbox 360 just over a year after I got the Wii and never regretted doing so, infact I could probably keep myself happy with just that one console, I will however not sell the Wii because it has some great exclusives.

As for the PS3 I do plan on getting one and its just a question of when, the main reason is my new tv is 1080P and I would like a BR player. The PS3 is still one of the best on the market, and with exclusive games as a huge bonus :D.

I see what you are getting at, if people stuck with one console they could have more games for that console and surely you can't have time for all the games across platforms. However looking from a different perspective while you hoard up on average and mediocre games because you are limited to one platform, those with more than one platform can be connessuir's only sampling the finest the industry has to offer :P.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
So they don't miss out on anything? I have a PS3 and 360 and it's pretty much all I need.
user345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 user345678
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
To enjoy all the games.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points