Who is equally excited for Metal Gear Solid HD collection ?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I'm so happy we are getting HD remastered versions of MGS 2 Substance , Subsistence and MGS : Peace Walker thrown in as bonus . Best if they included MGS instead of PW , but anyways great package .

MGS 3 was one my fav game from PS 2 , and i'm so excited for MGS HD collection .

Who else is equally excited for MGS HD collection ? Its my day 1 purchase :)

Srbanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Srbanator
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
I believe a "collection" should contain all the games of a series, especially something like MGS. I think Twin Snakes should be on there.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'd be more excited if MGS2 had the 3D camera the other two games have. I look forward to Metal Gear 1&2 included in MGS3: Subsistence though.
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

Im highly excited.I have the MGS Ultimate HD Collection on preorder :)

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

It would have been better if it included a new HD version of the original Metal Gear Solid. I'm mildly interested in Peace Walker (which besides the stupid name, was also made after MGS4, when Kojima got supremely lame), but the real draw here is to play the best game in the entire series in HD -- Snake Eater. They could burn Sons of Liberty and use Peace Walker for cat litter for all I care, it's all about Snake Eater.

doomguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 doomguy9
Member since 2011 • 355 Posts

I only played MGS4 and I think this is a good way for me to get into the series. I'm definitely getting this.

Revisited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Revisited
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts
Yay I'm so happy for ports, who needs new games :| It's not even a good one. You do realize that the 1st and 4th game arent included don't you? This crap is rivaled only by the lazy ico collection or even worse: the godawful silent hill "collection". *shudders* What the hell is wrong with you gamers, supporting this crap.
Revisited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Revisited
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts
I believe a "collection" should contain all the games of a series, especially something like MGS. I think Twin Snakes should be on there.Srbanator
I agree, I mean at the very least there should be the main numbered entries in a series.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Yay I'm so happy for ports, who needs new games :| It's not even a good one. You do realize that the 1st and 4th game arent included don't you? This crap is rivaled only by the lazy ico collection or even worse: the godawful silent hill "collection". *shudders* What the hell is wrong with you gamers, supporting this crap.Revisited

We are getting three games for the price of one. All running at 60 fps in HD, a mother f****ing rarity this gen with 90% of the games in sub HD barely even holding 30 fps. Why dont you ask those gamers why they are supporting that crap?

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I have all the games that are included in the collection, but god help me I'm still buying this D: Wish it would've included Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, that would be awesome.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Me!! I am really looking forward for this. What's funny is I am perhaps looking forward to this collection more than some of the games that I am looking forward to coming out this fall! MGS2 and 3 are some of the best games of all time (in my, and a lot of others, opinion), and I have always been meaning to get Peace Walker for the PSP, but now I will have it on the 360 this fall. I am going to get this for Christmas. I will first place Peace Walker since I haven't played it before, and then I will go through 2 followed by the one I'm most looking forward to playing in this collection, Snake Eater! I never had the Subsistence version either and I have never played the original two Metal Gear games, so I am looking forward to finally playing those, as well! This is absolutely great, I can't wait for this :).
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#12 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

Yay I'm so happy for ports, who needs new games :| It's not even a good one. You do realize that the 1st and 4th game arent included don't you? This crap is rivaled only by the lazy ico collection or even worse: the godawful silent hill "collection". *shudders* What the hell is wrong with you gamers, supporting this crap.Revisited

When these old games are better than most new games, I'll be paying attention. You don't have to buy it, but good games are worth playing, no matter if they're new or not.

lostfan132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostfan132
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

I'll get it eventually, it is my favorite series of all time, but there are too many new games coming out for me to invest full price on hd collections. I never played peace walker though, so that should be interesting, heard some good things about it.

andrewrosati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 andrewrosati
Member since 2011 • 115 Posts

Uh...oh god the 1st and 4th aren't included (I don't need the 4th to be included because it's already in HD and I have it already, or could buy it very cheap.) It's not just a collection, these games are being updated to run in HD not to mention it's 3 games for the price of 1. One of which being a highly regarded PSP game that you couldn't even play on a console before, and it includes an NES and an SNES game. Also the updated Substance and Subsistance editions of MGS 2 and 3 respectively, which have tons of extras (although no MGO but I think I can deal..) Not to mention that both games (or at least the 2nd) are classics.

All this being said to back the game, I still really wish they could remake the 1st one in HD :c unfortunately they would have to rewrite the whole engine of it and that would push this games release WAY back.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm looking forward to actually being able to play a version of MGS3 that doesn't look like ass. Man does it look awful on my HDTV, even upscaled by my PS3.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Sorry, but I'm not partaking in the HD remake scam.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
What a thriiiiiilllll....
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

What a thriiiiiilllll....SteelAttack

..........to dip into your wallets, yet again........

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]What a thriiiiiilllll....QuistisTrepe_

..........to dip into your wallets, yet again........

It's great for the publishers because they can spend a tiny bit of money having someone code an emulator that brings the games up to 720p. They're only a good deal for gamers if they don't already own the games, though. The Ico/Colossus HD pack is particularly embarassing in terms of how barebones it is.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
To be honest, the only one of these HD collections that right now has my attention is the SH one, and that's because I never played SH2 and 3. The other ones, GoW, Tomb Raider, this one, the Team Ico one, just don't interest me at all. I don't mind them being done, however.
XxRefereexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XxRefereexX
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts
Very excited, MGS 3 is the only part of the series I havent played still and will definitely do that now. Will probably skip the **** that is MGS 2 even though I still like that game but I won't be returning:D First MGS definitely warrants a revisiting and I'm glad Twin Snakes isn't on there. Has better graphics but worse pacing, direction and dialogue.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'm pretty bummed that it won't include the original. Which is my favourite of the entire series.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 indzman

I'm pretty bummed that it won't include the original. Which is my favourite of the entire series.foxhound_fox

If you purchase Ultimate Metal Gear HD collection you can download the original MGS for free from PSN store as its coming with a code on ultimate edition . Same for MGS 4 :)

andrewrosati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 andrewrosati

ITT: People complaining that game companies and video game distributors rip off gamers like it hasn't been going on for a while

Edit:

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Revisited"]Yay I'm so happy for ports, who needs new games :| It's not even a good one. You do realize that the 1st and 4th game arent included don't you? This crap is rivaled only by the lazy ico collection or even worse: the godawful silent hill "collection". *shudders* What the hell is wrong with you gamers, supporting this crap.Revisited

We are getting three games for the price of one. All running at 60 fps in HD, a mother f****ing rarity this gen with 90% of the games in sub HD barely even holding 30 fps. Why dont you ask those gamers why they are supporting that crap?

Sigh... alright, let me explain it so that even someone like you can understand.

When games next gen are $70 and 4 hours long, are you really going to be praising the one game that comes along that's 6 hours long and telling everyone who criticizes it to be thankful that we're even getting a game like that? Well guess what, I respect this industry too much and hold it to higher standards.

WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS.

i'm sorry what

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

You know before this announcement I used to always feel bummed out that I didn't purchase the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection back when I saw it in stores at Best Buy in 2008. Now I don't know how I feel about all this.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I love the collections (I have the GOW and Sly collections), so I'm definitely interested in this one.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
If you purchase Ultimate Metal Gear HD collection you can download the original MGS for free from PSN store as its coming with a code on ultimate edition . Same for MGS 4 :)indzman
Yeah, see, I already own the original (not to mention SoL, Substance, SE and Subsistence LE). I wouldn't buy this collection because it has the games in it... I would buy this collection because it adds something to them, and makes them playable on my 360.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
To be honest, the only one of these HD collections that right now has my attention is the SH one, and that's because I never played SH2 and 3. The other ones, GoW, Tomb Raider, this one, the Team Ico one, just don't interest me at all. I don't mind them being done, however. SteelAttack
The Tomb Raider one doesn't really count as an HD remake collection to be honest. It's basically just Legend, Anniversary and Underworld (I think?) being released for the PS3, as it never was on there before :). I am also looking forward to the Silent Hill one, but I wish it had Silent Hill 1, as I never completed that one or played it much either. Would it ruin it to get the SH collection if I haven't played #1 first hand?
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 indzman

[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]To be honest, the only one of these HD collections that right now has my attention is the SH one, and that's because I never played SH2 and 3. The other ones, GoW, Tomb Raider, this one, the Team Ico one, just don't interest me at all. I don't mind them being done, however. Ashley_wwe
The Tomb Raider one doesn't really count as an HD remake collection to be honest. It's basically just Legend, Anniversary and Underworld (I think?) being released for the PS3, as it never was on there before :). I am also looking forward to the Silent Hill one, but I wish it had Silent Hill 1, as I never completed that one or played it much either. Would it ruin it to get the SH collection if I haven't played #1 first hand?

True . Plus Underworld already released for PS 3 before TR Trilogy HD . I feel same about Prince of Persia ( Ubi just milked that :P )

God of War , Sly , Ico , Metal Gear , Resident Evil , Silent Hill are neccessary and must wanted remaster HD collections ... IMO .

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

I got the original when it was released back on the psone and never ended up playing it so i never bought 2 or 3...last year i ended up breaking down and buying MGS4 and after i beat it i have to say it was an amazing game. So now that they are realeasing the HD collection. i busted out my osone version of MGS a couple days ago and started playing it. I must say so far im really enjoying it.

disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

Given that I have never played any MGS game before 4, I'd say I'm very excited for this. I can't wait to play through MGS 2 and 3, and bring over my PW savegame over to the PS3 version to play it on HD as I've already done for MonHun Portable 3rd. I already have both JP and US versions on preorder - JP for display and US for play :P

I'm also getting MGS 3DS, so yup; not getting this would probably make me feel that my this-gen MGS collection is incomplete (I'm a collector so I'm pretty anal about this kind of thing).

greenskittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 greenskittles
Member since 2011 • 661 Posts

Given that I have never played any MGS game before 4, I'd say I'm very excited for this. I can't wait to play through MGS 2 and 3, and bring over my PW savegame over to the PS3 version to play it on HD as I've already done for MonHun Portable 3rd. I already have both JP and US versions on preorder - JP for display and US for play :P

I'm also getting MGS 3DS, so yup; not getting this would probably make me feel that my this-gen MGS collection is incomplete (I'm a collector so I'm pretty anal about this kind of thing).

disneyanime91
I'm very jealous you are getting to play MGS2 and 3 for the first time in HD.
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts

Wow, there are people complaining about this collection? I pity them. It's going to be awesome I just know it. :) MGS2 and 3 are my favourite PS2 games so getting to play them again wil be like reverting back to the good old days.

Edit: For those who haven't played MGS1 or any of the series, there's an option in the menus of MGS2 to read up on all the backstory so you're not left clueless.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Yeah ill buy this for sure, MGS 2 and 3 was back when the series wasn't terrible. I don't know about this peace walker nonsense though.....eww. Where the **** is MGS1? You know like heres the collection one, two and three. Derp.
disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

Yeah ill buy this for sure, MGS 2 and 3 was back when the series wasn't terrible. I don't know about this peace walker nonsense though.....eww. Where the **** is MGS1? You know like heres the collection one, two and three. Derp.GodModeEnabled

Well, I believe MGS1 is already playable on PS3 (buy it off PSN); if you ask me, the primary objective of the HD collection, I think,is to make Sons of Liberty and Snake Eateravailable to the current generation of consoles, and those of us who became fans of the series from the moment we picked up Guns of the Patriots. Peace Walker was just thrown in to sweeten the deal for US/EU markets. The JP version of the game doesn't come with PW; it's a separatetitle altogether to showcase Kojima's new Fox Engine and Transfarring system. It does, however, include a code to download MGS1 off PSN.

Anyway, to sidetrack a little; you may not think so, but I felt Peace Walker was, and still is, one of the best games one can get on the PSP. The intense (multiplayer-friendly) action of Monster Hunter combined with the stealth elements I have come to love from the MGS series were highlights of this instant classic.

SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SilverSignal
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yeah ill buy this for sure, MGS 2 and 3 was back when the series wasn't terrible. I don't know about this peace walker nonsense though.....eww. Where the **** is MGS1? You know like heres the collection one, two and three. Derp.

You have a PS3 judging by your sig. Buy it from the PSN. I'd love MGS1 in the collection too but it isn't. I'll live. I've already played and completed it though and the collection is more than worth getting just for MGS2 and 3.
RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts

Yay I'm so happy for ports, who needs new games :|Revisited

Yes, because the development of these collections is directly preventing the release of any new games. :|

As for what's "wrong" with me for supporting this "crap", nothing is wrong with me. I have different tastes than you, and I fail to see any valid reason to justify my purchasing decisions to you or anyone else.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

I'm excited for this collection, mainly because of Peace Walker. I couldn't stand the controls on the PSP version, so I never finished it.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yeah ill buy this for sure, MGS 2 and 3 was back when the series wasn't terrible. I don't know about this peace walker nonsense though.....eww. Where the **** is MGS1? You know like heres the collection one, two and three. Derp.

You have a PS3 judging by your sig. Buy it from the PSN. I'd love MGS1 in the collection too but it isn't. I'll live. I've already played and completed it though and the collection is more than worth getting just for MGS2 and 3.

But I want to play it in HD with improved graphics and trophys :(
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yeah ill buy this for sure, MGS 2 and 3 was back when the series wasn't terrible. I don't know about this peace walker nonsense though.....eww. Where the **** is MGS1? You know like heres the collection one, two and three. Derp.GodModeEnabled

Whats your beef with Peace Walker? It's brilliant.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44541 Posts
Yeah I'm really looking forward to this. I got the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection for the PS2 awhile ago but I can't wait to check out the sweet graphics upgrade and it'll be cool getting achievements in the games.
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SilverSignal
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yeah ill buy this for sure, MGS 2 and 3 was back when the series wasn't terrible. I don't know about this peace walker nonsense though.....eww. Where the **** is MGS1? You know like heres the collection one, two and three. Derp.

I'd rather play it the same way as I originally did. I couldn't care less about trophies. Just buy it from PSN. Unless you only buy games to boost a number that appears next to your name.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

I can't wait :D Not gonna play my copy of MGS4 I bought recently til I get this :D

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#46 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Oh man I am SO excited! But I am a little disappointed, I was hoping there would be an HD remake of the Twin Snakes. Still overall I'm happy and I'm going to LOVE replaying Snake Eater again. I already have the orgional PS1 MGS from the PS Store, it's only about 10$, so check it out if your on PSN.

But I'm not going to get this collection on day 1, I'm waiting to get Skyrim day 1 which comes out a few days after MGS HD. I'll just wait and get MGS HD for Hanuckah/Christmas along with Uncharted 3.

andrewrosati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 andrewrosati

I can't wait :D Not gonna play my copy of MGS4 I bought recently til I get this :D

T_REX305

Probably a good idea, the 4th game's brilliance is almost doubled having played the prior 3 (or 6 counting MG 1&2 and Peacewalker).

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"] You have a PS3 judging by your sig. Buy it from the PSN. I'd love MGS1 in the collection too but it isn't. I'll live. I've already played and completed it though and the collection is more than worth getting just for MGS2 and 3.S0lidSnake

I don't know much about it actually but what I do know doesn't tickle my fancy much. Ill still end up playing it though since its on the disc. Btw you use brilliant to describe MGS4 one of the most heinous disasters of a game I have experienced so don't take my skepticism personally.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] But I want to play it in HD with improved graphics and trophys :(GodModeEnabled

I don't know much about it actually but what I do know doesn't tickle my fancy much. Ill still end up playing it though since its on the disc. Btw you use brilliant to describe MGS4 one of the most heinous disasters of a game I have experienced so don't take my skepticism personally.

Ignoring your last comment, i will just say that Peace Walker plays more like Snake Eater in that it is more gameplay centric.

Plus, it's got 4 player online coop so we can play together and finally see who is the true Big Boss.