Which Resident Evil game did you find the scariest??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

Also explain why. The only one I have is RE4 Wii Edition, so I can't really say... But personally the only scary part in RE4 for me was the part with the regenerators. The rest was just shooting mobs of zombies. From what I've seen, the first RE remake for Gamecube seems pretty scary, cause they're actually zombies and not just diseased people. And you're actually in a creepy mansion and not a castle and stuff. What do you guys think?

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheTrueMagusX1
Member since 2009 • 2560 Posts

Also explain why. The only one I have is RE4 Wii Edition, so I can't really say... But personally the only scary part in RE4 for me was the part with the regenerators. The rest was just shooting mobs of zombies. From what I've seen, the first RE remake for Gamecube seems pretty scary, cause they're actually zombies and not just diseased people. And you're actually in a creepy mansion and not a castle and stuff. What do you guys think?

rubber-chicken

The Original By far....followed by RE4. The original blew my young thirteen year old mind when I first played it in 1996. The moment of walking through the hall and seeing the cerberus leap out of you was surreal.

Emurozii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Emurozii
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts

RE3 was the scariest for me, closely followed by the original. I was really disappointed with how unscary (is that even a word lol?) RE4 was. The only scary part was the spiky regenerator enemies late into the game.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]

TheTrueMagusX1

The Original By far....followed by RE4. The original blew my young thirteen year old mind when I first played it in 1996. The moment of walking through the hall and seeing the cerberus leap out of you was surreal.

Yeah man! The part when the dog jumped up is one of my all time favorite video game moments!
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]

Samslayer

Yeah man! The part when the dog jumped up is one of my all time favorite video game moments!

Yeah I agree, it deserves to have a place as one of the most iconic moments in gaming history. Its not just a cutscene or anything, you casually walking down a hall and everything erupts in chaos!

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheTrueMagusX1

RE3 was the scariest for me, closely followed by the original. I was really disappointed with how unscary (is that even a word lol?) RE4 was. The only scary part was the spiky regenerator enemies late into the game.

Emurozii

Ironic enough, I never played RE3. I have it through PSN, but thats the one RE game in the main series, I never played or never beaten for that matter.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="Samslayer"][QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Yeah I agree, it deserves to have a place as one of the most iconic moments in gaming history. Its not just a cutscene or anything, you casually walking down a hall and everything erupts in chaos!

Yep, it set-up the whole game too. Every second I was just waiting for another Cerberus moment.
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="Samslayer"] Yeah man! The part when the dog jumped up is one of my all time favorite video game moments!Samslayer

Yep, it set-up the whole game too. Every second I was just waiting for another Cerberus moment.

Exactly, though that game is full of very intense moments as the Cerberus. One thing that alot of people donot talk about is when you return to the Mansion and you find that the slow paced zombies are gone, and now you have the quick moving and even deadilier Hunters in habitating the mansion. It made the game far more intense imo.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

the first was the scariest, something about the music, enviroments and the lack of ammo made it creepy

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Resident Evil 1 (the remake), followed by RE3

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Resident evil 3, it was the first one I got and Nemesis sure kept me on my toes. Got the PS1 version of the original Resident Evil but now that I got myself a Wii, I'm looking for the Resident Evil Remake. Heard that one is supposed to be the most scary one.
Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

i herd back when the first one came out that one was scary as hell.

idk i played it a couple of months a ago and it wasnt scary but the boss got my heart beating a little :P

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I'm playing through REmake right now and its pretty creepy. I've jumped a few times, one which was caused by nothing more than my girlfriend coming into the room while I was playing; thank the great atmosphere for that. While RE4 was pretty heavy on the action, I still think it retained some of its creepy atmosphere, unlike RE5. Regenerators, nuff said.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#14 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
If I had to say I would go with 1 then 3. I never really considered the Resident Evil games to be scary though.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

There was only one actual part in a Resident Evil game that scared me. It was in RE 2 when you go behind the police station into that little room. You open the door near the desk and instead of the normal load screen with the door opening, zombies popped out at me and the music suddenly blared into my ears through the headphones I was wearing while playing in the dark so I wouldn't wake up my sleeping brother who I was sharing a room with. Made me jump 5 feet in the air.

But for the most part, none of the RE games scared me. I'm a child of the 80s. I was raised on blood, gore, and violence. 70s drive-in flicks and 80s direct-to-video gorefests were a staple in my household.

As for my personal favorite in the series, that would go to Resident Evil 2. I felt it had the best story and coolest cutscenes.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#16 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I have to go with RE3 on this one. Nemesis did a great job of keeping me on edge.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Emerald_Warrior

I have to go with RE3 on this one. Nemesis did a great job of keeping me on edge. Amnesiac23

Oh yeah, it did. But the Trenchcoat Man in the 2nd mission of Resident Evil 2 seemed to keep me on edge more. RE 3 was just too freaking short, although it was good while it lasted.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Resident Evil (the original) for Ps1. I remember playing it in a dark room as a teenager. i love the moment where the dog jumps through the window. totally made me jump the first time. good times. the intro video is kinda funny with the bad acting, but still good. :-)

Megadaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Megadaman
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

The RE remake on GC, that Lisa (I think that was her name) chick with the bag on her head following youthrough thecaves, giving me the chills just thinking about it!

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I don't find any of them scary. I did enjoy playing them though.
andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Resident Evil 3 by far, I hated the distant moaning, screaming and gunfire so much, it freaked me out when I was a kid, and not forgetting Nemesis' Random appearances.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I only distinctly remember an adrenaline surge playing the original game when the dogs jump through the window. It took me by surprise.
Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

Well, the only Resedent Evil game I've ever played was RE:4 on the 'Cube so I don't really have much of a say in this but I will say that quite a few parts in that game were frightening to me.

snes_vs_ps1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 320

#24 snes_vs_ps1
Member since 2009 • 10359 Posts

The Original

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#25 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I found that the REmake for Gamecube was definitley the creepiest. It had an incredible atmosphere, and alot of little things come together to create creepiness... also, Lisa Trevor. Anyone who's played it knows why.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

I haven't played much of the old style games, but one part I'll never forget from RE1 was when you keep trying to open the front door of the mansion and eventually the dogs come in. Scared the crap out of me.

I don't care what anyone says, there's a few moments in RE4 that'll give you the creeps. When you first go into the sewers and you can hear the Novistadors hopping and splashing around but you can't see them. The first time you see a regenerator, stumbling around hyperventilating. The moment that surprised me the most is if you stand on the dock of the lake before fighting Del Lago and shoot at the fish, he will eventually hurl himself out of the lake without warning and eat Leon. That one actually made me jump.

gokufan555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gokufan555
Member since 2011 • 36 Posts
I think resident evil 3 was the scariest because of Nemesis i still what to bet that game two XD
Hindle_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Hindle_1
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts

Resident Evil remake on 'cube

Gameguy2293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gameguy2293
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'd have to say REmake, I got it thinking I knew what was going to happen, but once I discovered the new Crimson Heads and Lisa Trevor, bricks were shat. :cry:

jedihalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 jedihalo
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts

The 2 dogs in the firstResident Evildidn't frighten me but the giant spiders falling from the ceiling always scared the hell out of me.

Lots of little things made me jump in the 4th one on the cube, most of the time from the guy stalking me and trying to sell me stuff.

DiminixZor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DiminixZor
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

Resident Evil 2 for me

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

The first and the third 1 where a bit creepy :P

tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#33 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Resident Evil 2 as well,but one thing I hate of all the RE´s are the dogs,too and more those in the maze garden in RE4.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#34 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Resident Evil Remake it is dark and scary. I mean the Crimson Heads are proper scary and don't mention those Hunters.

Smug_Duckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Smug_Duckling
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

The Original

snes_vs_ps1
Agree. The first RE was the only real "scary" game in the series, IMO. The rest were more action based rather than running on pure fear. REmake is still one of my favorite games. Also, the first RE made me scream like a little girl and wake up everyone in the house back in the day, if it's worth anything.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

whats probably scariest about the original RE was the lack of ammo , in the other ones, it was less restricted, there were more enemies but you had alot more bullets.

in the original, there were plenty of times where you didn't have any ammo and had to try and run past the zombies and hunters, who were a particular pain in the backside.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#37 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

whats probably scariest about the original RE was the lack of ammo , in the other ones, it was less restricted, there were more enemies but you had alot more bullets.

in the original, there were plenty of times where you didn't have any ammo and had to try and run past the zombies and hunters, who were a particular pain in the backside.

Darkman2007

This is why the older games are so much scarier than the newer ones. You had to conserve ammo for when you really needed it, and if you ran out, too bad.

J2G_Avarice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 J2G_Avarice
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

None of them scared me. The only game that has scared the crap out of me was Dead Space (The whole game not just parts of it.) There was only one part in Resident Evil 2that made me jump and it was the part when the arms come out of the boarded up walls in the corridor by the Conference/Press Room. Everyone should know what I'm talking about. The Resident Evil franchise is one of my favorites but It never scared me. Silent Hill was creepy and a little scarier but not by much.

Sagisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Sagisu
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I think re2. Nemesis wasn't that scary and Im thinking THE nemsis.

tizmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 tizmond
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts

The original. Scary setting, ammo shortages and those Hunters !!! It had a really tense & sinister atmosphere, that was lost on the others.

The second one was scary on 2nd playthrough, when the Tyrant was chasing you & would burst through walls in corridors you thought were safe, after you'd been down them several times.

RE4 wasn't scary, but it was a good game.

RE5 was just a massive disappointment & had lost all the qualities that made the previous games such great survival horrors. I mean, co-op gameplay... WTF ?!

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#41 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
The remake of the first one. It's truly terrifying.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

RE 1 was probably the scariest and quite funny as well but 2 and 3 do have a fare share of scares as well. Any of them are far scarier then RE4 and RE5 though. What oasses fir horror these days is a joke.

DiminixZor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DiminixZor
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

RE 1 was probably the scariest and quite funny as well but 2 and 3 do have a fare share of scares as well. Any of them are far scarier then RE4 and RE5 though. What oasses fir horror these days is a joke.

Gen007
Yeah but lost in nightmares was actually scary :P
quasarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 quasarwolf
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
I have to say resident evil 2 was the scariest one. out of all the posts, 2 is mentioned the least? you have to agree with me when you see the licker crawl on the outside window before you actually meet it for the first time. or the birds crashing through the windows. and what about the part in the railway security room where you look into the survalance monitor and see a huge monster blocking your only way out. RE 2 will always be my favorate. and still i think Eternal Darkness tops them all in freakyness and mental crazyness
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

REmake was pretty scary. The who crimson head aspect really helped.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Emerald_Warrior

I have to say resident evil 2 was the scariest one. out of all the posts, 2 is mentioned the least? you have to agree with me when you see the licker crawl on the outside window before you actually meet it for the first time. or the birds crashing through the windows. and what about the part in the railway security room where you look into the survalance monitor and see a huge monster blocking your only way out. RE 2 will always be my favorate. and still i think Eternal Darkness tops them all in freakyness and mental crazynessquasarwolf

Agreed. And I did cite that one as the best one in my first post.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

There was only one actual part in a Resident Evil game that scared me. It was in RE 2 when you go behind the police station into that little room. You open the door near the desk and instead of the normal load screen with the door opening, zombies popped out at me and the music suddenly blared into my ears through the headphones I was wearing while playing in the dark so I wouldn't wake up my sleeping brother who I was sharing a room with. Made me jump 5 feet in the air.

But for the most part, none of the RE games scared me. I'm a child of the 80s. I was raised on blood, gore, and violence. 70s drive-in flicks and 80s direct-to-video gorefests were a staple in my household.

As for my personal favorite in the series, that would go to Resident Evil 2. I felt it had the best story and coolest cutscenes.

Emerald_Warrior

I agree.. it seems as though we are in the minority though... lol. I was going to mention that part, but I'll mention the other one on my mind.. When you are walking down a hallway and it cuts to a very fast cutscene where the zombies grab you through the boarded window. Scared the piss out of me when I wss younger. Something about 2 just felt right. The original was good but 2 nailed it imo.

quasarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 quasarwolf
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

I agree.. it seems as though we are in the minority though... lol. I was going to mention that part, but I'll mention the other one on my mind.. When you are walking down a hallway and it cuts to a very fast cutscene where the zombies grab you through the boarded window. Scared the piss out of me when I wss younger. Something about 2 just felt right. The original was good but 2 nailed it imo.

yes that part too, was freaky