Which Final Fantasy should I download?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for starwarsfreak50
starwarsfreak50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 starwarsfreak50
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts

I was looking on the Playstation store and saw they had three Final Fantasy games that you can download. I was wondering if anyone could recommend (out of VII,VIII, and IX)which would be the best?....and i'm hoping not everyone says VII.....

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I would say download FFVII because I never really played 8 or 9, so I can't suggest what is the best out of those three. I say it's ultimately your choice. FFVII is memorable in its own right, especially it's wonderful soundtrack music. It's definitely not my favorite FF game (or of any game for that matter), but I'd recommend it to you. The downside is the crappy English translation, but for the most part, I found FFVII to be quite enjoyable (characters, towns, story, music, etc.).

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

When I played them in their time I enjoyed 9 the most. I went through these 3 a few months back and enjoyed 9 more than the others even more so this time. It looks like you aren't so interested in 7, it was a great game for it's time but 8 blew it away and 9 blew that away. Don't forget FFT is on there too but the PSP UMD is better.

Avatar image for starwarsfreak50
starwarsfreak50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 starwarsfreak50
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts

When I played them in their time I enjoyed 9 the most. I went through these 3 a few months back and enjoyed 9 more than the others even more so this time. It looks like you aren't so interested in 7, it was a great game for it's time but 8 blew it away and 9 blew that away. Don't forget FFT is on there too but the PSP UMD is better.

dovberg

I would be fine with 7. It is just that I feel like more people would say 7 mainly because they saw the movie/know the characters/etc. and would base their opinion on that and not the actual game. So i'm seeing what others, who have played all three consider to be more enjoyable.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I like IX the best out of them. Tactics is my favorite FF game though so if you don't have a PSP I'd download it, otherwise go with Lion War. However if you don't have Grandia I'd recommend that over any of those so long as you don't mind even more dated graphics.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I don't think that FF7 is the overwhelming favorite on this board, if you go to the ps3 board that might be different but over here I think 6 and 9 are pretty popular.