When will Wii get some better games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dreadfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Dreadfall
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I bought the Wii mostly for the backwards compatability, but I still need to get online which I haven't yet to get some of the old games. My question is when will the mature rated games, promised by Nintendo start coming out? I already pre-ordered Manhunt 2 which I'm fully expecting that game to get either banned for the Wii or they release a cleaner version, knowing how Nintendo is. How many versions of Mario games does there need to be to keep people satisfied? All I keep seeing being released are Nintendo devoloped games, do they have something against third party devolopers?

Also I was kinda hoping this system would be good for RPG'S like the SNES, yet I see practically none. Cmon, party games are fine and good but I want some survival horror and some action and shooters, I suppose I'll end up buying a 360 if Nintendo fails to deliver on the more mature rated games. Nintendo could have an even bigger fan base/customer base if they would quit producing all these Mario games, most of the time they aren't that great anyways. All I've played so far on my Wii is Tennis, and I love the Tennis with the sports game, but eventually this will become old. Here's hoping Nintendo start letting more third party devolopers make some better games.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Sounds like you should have got a 360 to begin with really. Also, don't just own one game and whine about it.

Get online. If you bought it for backwards compat than get a ton of GC games. You also don't sound like you're well informed on the Wii library. Really, how can you complain about Nintendo making mario games :?

If you want mature shooters with laden violence go 360. Otherwise tuck into manhunt 2, umbrella chroncles, scarface, No More Heroes,godfather et al. Alternatively check out medal of honour 2 heroes in november. There are "better games" out and more coming, twilight princess, super paper mario, trauma center, elebits, fire emblem, smash bros, mario galaxy, endless ocean, zack and wiki, mario kart, battalion wars 2, Umbrella chronicles, No More Heroes. And this is all between now and febuary.

BTW, Manhunt 2 has now been passed for release in america, rated M.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts

it will get better when it loses its kiddy console name when they start making some games that are funand intresting to play so nintendo not having manhunt on will make the system in its state there are other people in a family what about teens they get to play resident evil and metroid while the rest of the games are half arsed movie and broken titles.

Nintendo needs to evolve from having games that you would allow someone with diffculties in the learning department.

nintendo can keep their image of being trustworthy to parents but they could be a bit more risk taking by letting manhunt 2 on doing that people will be buying a system for one game and so far i don't feel like buying one for any of the games i may like zelda and metroid but its not anothe to do so.

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
I have a feeling that the Wii is always going to do better at hardware sales than software, and the much of the said software is going to target the largely casual audience that is causing the Wii to continue selling out in stores even now.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Zelda TP, Super Mario Galaxy and MP3 are the games I bought it for. Yes, the party stuff gets tired really soon, but this holiday season should end my Wii woes.