Whats your worst level In a game?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts
[QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]When Zelda:OOT first came out, i absolutly hated the water templesexy_chimp

Heh heh. Yeah. I think I spended a whole week trying to get through that lvl when I first go it in 98....

It's simple when you think about it. First you get the Longshot, then basically you go into every room possible to get keys, then use those keys to get the Boss Key. Then go the boss.

When I first got it and played through it, it wasn't that simple. And you certainly don't just walk in the the dungeon and find Longshot just sitting in the opening for display either. It had to be retreived and that had to be the hard part. Even then, you had to get through a series of other test in other to finally reaxh the Master Key. So the water temple wasn't a cake walk when I first played it back in 98.....

-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts
I loathe anyone who says the Water Temple (OoT) was a poor level. It was brilliant. Anyway, I'm going to go with The Library (Halo) as well. Boring, monotonous level to go with boring, repetative enemies. For all the excellent levels that the Halo series has produced, it has also produced a few true stinkers.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]When Zelda:OOT first came out, i absolutly hated the water templetocool340

Heh heh. Yeah. I think I spended a whole week trying to get through that lvl when I first go it in 98....

It's simple when you think about it. First you get the Longshot, then basically you go into every room possible to get keys, then use those keys to get the Boss Key. Then go the boss.

When I first got it and played through it, it wasn't that simple. And you certainly don't just walk in the the dungeon and find Longshot just sitting in the opening for display either. It had to be retreived and that had to be the hard part. Even then, you had to get through a series of other test in other to finally reaxh the Master Key. So the water temple wasn't a cake walk when I first played it back in 98.....

Yeah, the first time through it's really hard because you don't know what to do first and what to do next.

And did you ever notice that in every zelda game the water temple is always the confusing one? I never played the original, but this applies to Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
yeah, cortana, cause if anything, that should have been the best level, i mean, you freakin find cortana, it should have been dramatic and awesome,instead of walking through some weird place that looked like intestinal destress from earthworm jim
SchmoJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SchmoJoe
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts

I think any part of DMD mode of Devil May Cry was hard as hell.

On the sidenote: I actually liked Cortana, it was one of the few times I wanted the level to be over but only because I was genuinly scared of what might happen next. The only part that really sucked was when u had to either give up your hammer or your sword to kill the spine shooter floods. The library was great too, the flood provide the most intense action in the Halo universe.

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
Water Temple in LoZ:TP Wii, worst controls ever.
Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
Library from Halo 1 sucked big time.
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

the hell level in god or war.jack_russel

damn straight, curse you ye rotating blade of tedium, i lost count of the number of times i fell off those rotating columbs with blades on, or how often i fell down those rotating ones you climb.

Aperture_Eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Aperture_Eyes
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
Playing the Cortana level had me react the same way that infamous retard on youtube, Croyt, reacted. I wanted to slam my head through a wall.
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts

Echoing the above statements, Cortana was horrible. Hated it, completely sucked all fun out of the campaign at that point.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

yeah, cortana, cause if anything, that should have been the best level, i mean, you freakin find cortana, it should have been dramatic and awesome,instead of walking through some weird place that looked like intestinal destress from earthworm jimVendettaRed07

I liked the setting fine enough. It was the repetitive encounters that killed it.

And those nasty buggers that shot needles at you were a pain in the ass.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

I can tell Cortana's going to be hell on Legendary. :cry:

My worst level is anything underwater, in any game, with any sort of swimming controls. Especially when you have to worry about a time limit, and some kind of moving threat.

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
Battleship Goldoba in Baten Kaitos... if you didn't make it the first time, you would never make it, and that's why I had to start the game all over again >.>
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
Anything in Ape Escape involving a boat. :evil:
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]The Hell level in God of War. ****ing spinning blades.jack_russel
yea, you get past the first one and then you see the second one and you're like ****.\ and remember when you had to get past those moving platforms while all those dudes were shooting arrows at you?

it's Hades for a reason.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Games and water do not mix.

In more ways than one.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
*reads thread*
Hooray! I'm not the only one who hates The Library!
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts
[QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]When Zelda:OOT first came out, i absolutly hated the water templesexy_chimp

well when ur 12, not using a strategy guide...and raising and lowering the water level, it wasnt that simple

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
I don't know what I hate more about the Cortana level, the visuals or the gameplay. Ugh to the max.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

OMG that wind level but the elf village of Hiemdal in Tales of Symphonia is so terrible. When your not being blown back to way eariler in the level your being being stumped but some really annoying puzzles (which keep requiring you to fight through hordes of annoying monsters)

The plot twist at the end of the level is pretty cool tho.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

The ****ing toy plane mission in GTA: San Andreas using The Duke, it was so damn unwieldy and stupid.

DAMN YOU WHITE AND BLACK BUTTONS!!! DAMNNNN YOOOUUUU!!!

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

[QUOTE="Solid_Link22"]For me is that damn water level with the whale made out of metal in Banjo Kazooie. That level is so damn boring.ZeldaMaster32

:lol: Clanker's Cavern is what you are thinking of.

It is very boring, but then again, water levels in Platofrmers are usually boring for unexplainable reasons. They just are. Thankfully if you know what you are doing, you can complete the level quickly and never have to set foot in there again.

I actually liked that level, especially when I found out there were no sharks in the water.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Every indoor level in Far Cry was pretty terrible, especially the ones with the Crygens.
Yoshi_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Yoshi_Hunter
Member since 2005 • 1614 Posts
Almost any level with a time limit, i hate being rushed.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
The motorcyle levels in Tomb Raider: Legend. The level design for those levels were so boring and I didn't like the controls of driving the motorcyle IMO. Thank god there were only two.
Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
The Library in Halo 1 got me so frustrated, I thought my game was bugged or something. >_>
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#77 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

On the Moon in Majoras Mask. The lvl where you had to become a Goron and skip across a series of gaps. Took me awhile to get pass that one part...

tocool340

YESSS! That took me like 2 HOURS! It was also the first of the moon stages I did so I thought I was in deep "mud" but then the other parts were much easier.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

If Cortana level is anything like the library, I'll probably like it.

My worst level is the mission in Vice City where you have to race that guy (can't remember his name), and if you win he will be your get-a-way driver when you rob the bank. Anyhow.. the level isn't actually hard or anything, but for some reason there was this bridge that would never load on my computer, so when one of us went over it, we would fall through and drown. Making finishing the level impossible.

Wasn't until I upgraded my video card that I could finish that level, and the rest of the game.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Any Zelda level with those hands that teleport you back to the beginning of the dungeon. Who thought that would be fun?
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

The worst level in a game to me has to be that damn Cortana level. It pisses me off and on legendary it is IMPOSSIBLE to beat. ive beaten every level on legendary except for Cortana.GearsOfWarLover

Try co-op

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3130 Posts
That one off of Battle Toads where you have to jump from snake to snake. I could never beat that
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine:

The "Secret" task in Pianta Village (the one where the Piantas would throw you up in the air towards the shine). My younger brother was playing, and he had to go to something, so he had me take over for the part.

The whole time, I thought, "masochists!!"

The bad part was how accurate the angles had to be for each Pianta to throw you to the right place without you dying. It was just trial and error because each part was different. I was freaking lucky to get the last Pianta to throw me to the right place on the first try.

THAT MISSION WAS CRAP.

butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
Only one I can think of right now is that stupid Zero mission in GTA: San Andreas, where you have to destory the carriers or something, and then get back without running out of fuel. ERRRRRR i hate that level. Still haven't beat it till this day...
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#84 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
I didn't think Cortana was that bad. But basically any level with the Flood in a Halo game isn't particularly good. I don't like fighting them. They aren't interesting enemies.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Libary on Halo
Auricom-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#86 Auricom-R
Member since 2006 • 465 Posts
3rd Chapter in Gears of War. The majority of the enemies in the level are the exploding wretches, and trying to avoid them with clunky ass Marcus Fenix is pretty damn annoying.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Every indoor level in Far Cry was pretty terrible, especially the ones with the Crygens.Zeliard9

Really? I was kinda bored until it got to that.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
HL2: Episode 2.  Strider defense.  God, that sucked.  (My PC is so-so by modern standards, so I kept having to fight the framerate as well as the Hunters.)
pandorax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 pandorax1
Member since 2006 • 373 Posts
D-day in COD2 on Veteran.MickeyTheNinja
Gotta agree with you there. I didnt even know what to do...
Melfencik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 Melfencik
Member since 2005 • 247 Posts
I cannot belive that no one has mentioned Atomsmasher from Timesplitters 2(on Hard). That level is the definition of insane.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
in PDZ this level where you have to control this spy gadget
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

That one off of Battle Toads where you have to jump from snake to snake. I could never beat thatdimebag667

good call, or the race part of the third level, weaving up and down between those stones and when ud jump sometimes hed just miss for no good reason