What's your most hyped game of all time?

• 51 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

What game for you that you never been more excited for to play then then any other games where you would think about it daily and read up on it? for me it had to be Mortal Kombat 2 coming to the SNES. Before it came out I would play it at the arcades in the Spring of 94. I was young and obsessed with it where I would trace the characters from my Gamepro magazines picturing what characters I would play first and what fatalities I wanted to do. No other game ever brought that much excitement to me. Granted I was 13 or 14 years old at that time I wasn't jaded like I am now with the gaming industry. So what's yours?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11683 Posts

Tough to think. . Hmm I get excited quite a lot for games.

The Evil Within 2 was certainly a high note for me, despite selling well TEW had very mixed views and read a lot of people dismiss the game due to the difficulty spikes, and launch technical issues. It was certainly a rushed game but after the tutorial section the game was pretty amazing. And for me what Resident Evil 5 should have been in many ways. The sequel looked to fix a lot of the first games issues.

Once clicked what Monster Hunter: World actually was (MH5), got very excited. And that one seems to have paid off as a long time MH fan. And Iceborne only rekindled that hype for me, as any Monster Hunter vet knows the value of G-Rank, and Nargacuga shown was pretty amazing.

Devil May Cry 5 got me extremely excited as well. Knocked down a tad because the reveal trailer wasn't that great. Though it has been so long, and while Ninja Theory made a competent game, they made a bad DMC game.

Resident Evil 2, less so because many knew it was coming anyway. It's the one I was waiting while many not so Resi fans got excited over Resi7. And while the rat perspective wasn't anything to get me really excited. Still going to play the hell out that game. Glad they ditched FP.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the arcade was pretty exciting. And it's reveal was really cool. Loved how they took the Tekken 6 engine and just pushed it as far as they could. I'm also just a Jun main so that helps.

Feel bad not mentioning any Nintendo games and probably more but usually I'm sceptical on what they tell Gamers at an announcement, because marketing isn't exactly something I fall prone to. And depending on a publishers and developers reputation you would have to be blind or unaware to get excited. For example, I don't know how anyone is really hyped for Anthem. Though seems a lot here are gushing over each showing.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Currently, that game is either The Last of Us part II or Death Stranding. The former is because The Last of Us is one of my absolute favorites, and the latter because Hideo Kojima deserves to show the world what kind of brilliant game he can make without Konami pushing him around.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Halo 2 - I loved the original, and played it all the time with my friends and brother, so naturally I was very hyped for the sequel. At least MP wise, it lived up to the hype.

Twilight Princess - After how disappointing Wind Waker was, TP was a return to form, and it lived up to my hype as it (still) has the best dungeons in all of Zelda. Both Halo 2's and TP's E3 trailers were also unforgettable.

Rodea the Sky Soldier (Wii ver.) - As a big fan of NiGHTS into Dreams, and of Yuji Naka in general, I was very hyped for this game as it was the spiritual sequel to NiGHTS. It absolutely lived up to my hype, and is the only game on the Wii that I felt needed motion controls, because I don't even think playing it with a mouse would be as satisfying. It's just too bad that the game was relegated as a bonus disc for the awful Wii U version, which itself barely anyone knew about, so Rodea will most likely always be a hidden gem.

Sonic Mania - Since 1994 I had been dreaming of a "real" Sonic 4, and Mania finally answered my wish, because it was literally everything that I had wanted - a 2D Sonic game that looked as if it was made for the Saturn; expanded upon the gameplay and level design of Sonic 3 & Knuckles; and was developed by someone that I trusted, Christian Whitehead. I don't think anything will ever top Sonic Mania for me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9416 Posts
  • Dark Souls after playing Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls 2 after playing Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls 3 after playing Dark Souls 2
Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I reckon Kingdom Hearts 2 was one I really looked forward to. I also remember reading about a Bully in a magazine way back when. It kind of blew my mind. Lol

As for something coming up....Animal Crossing Switch. But I’m not overly hype because I’m an adult now and most things don’t get me excited. :(

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@warmblur: Three games come to mind and none lived up to the hype.

-Spore: Just thinking about it drives me up the wall. I was hyped about all the things you would be able to do, but in the end it was a disappointment. I was sooooooo looking forward to the editors to create my own stuff, but after I played it I realized that the editors served no practical value besides cosmetics. As long as you had the right parts on you could just build a formless blob or a pile of tin cans and it would work. The shallowness of most of the stages was annoying too, especially that of the creature stage which was marketed as the marquee stage of the game. They never improved on the mechanics or added any short of depth.

-Microsoft flight: When I saw a new flight sim from MS I was ecstatic. I was just dreaming about all the new features and improvements. Better missions, new physics engine, a career mode, better optimization, better graphics, I couldn't wait. But the stories and the rumors started to surface. Like how MS would impose restrictions and become overbearing to third party add on devs, and then the bomb that was the announcement that Flight was free to play. Not just that, but flight had no ATC, no AI traffic, no animals, no cars, no boats nothing, and it came with just two aircraft on release. It was also lacking in the realism department. I decided to give it a shot, but I found nothing of value in it.

-X-rebirth: Same case with Flight. I was expecting a wide range of improvements on this game and I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt regarding the one ship only thing, but alas the game came out not just broken, but also incomplete. I can't believe that I defended that X-rebirth, but since then I decided that no game will get my money releasing like that. Perhaps after it has been patched to an acceptable level.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow for the original Xbox. RS:3 was my favourite game at the time for its multiplayer and the hype for the next instalment was huge online. I remember I was in Vegas the day it launched and I had to play it the second I came home. I bought it at a Vegas mall and when I came home and put the game in, all my friends were online playing. I joined my friends and I think we played for an entire day/night. The game was incredible and did not disappoint. I had a preorder for the game too and I bought it Link play.

marley7game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 marley7game
Member since 2019 • 45 Posts

Y's

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22406 Posts

Hmm, good question... a few come to mind.

• Mass Effect 3 (if I had to pick just one, this would probably be my most hyped game of all time).
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Witcher 3
  • Super Mario Odyssey (this was the game that made me buy a Switch)
  • Super Mario Sunshine (this was the game that made me buy a Gamecube)

RocketSurgery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RocketSurgery
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

I was hyped like crazy for Fable 3, Mass Effect 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

No man's heart should be broken like this! :P

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Splintah
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

I have never been "hyped" for a game because media doesn't affect me in that manner, but witcher was an amazing game

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Splintah

bioshock infinite was a definite hype game as well

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Splintah

and hey hate me if you want bioshock infinite was an amazing game

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7273 Posts

halo 4 after 3 I was itching for more. Maybe looking back I was overhyped which is why I was slightly disappointed which is strange as it isn't bad game.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. I watched their announcement trailers more times than I can count to feed my hype until their release.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15980 Posts

Persona 3P. I loved persona 3 and Persona 3 FES so when I heard they gonna make it portable and a new Female route, my hype went tru the roof! It lived up to hype thankfully and now P3 FeMC is my favourite Persona protagonis. Its so good!

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Diablo 3. I bought a graphics card in anticipation. Then waited, and waited, then waited some more. Then when it came out it was all wrong and I'd completely forgotten about it ages before anyway and it turned out to be a big giant monumental meh.

Byrdyin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Byrdyin
Member since 2019 • 24 Posts

Many for me. Some are:

The Last of Us Part II

Mantigames’ Shooting Engine

Super Mario Sunshine

Zombs Royale

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 heljar
Member since 2016 • 176 Posts

Duke Nukem Forever. At least in the beginning. I loved Duke Nukem 3D. And when pictures started leaking and rumors that it would use the Unreal engine I was excited. The hype quickly died down after the first year with nothing new to report. When it finally did arrive years after it was announced I didn't really expect much. I only got it because I found it in a bargain bin at a local GameStop. The game did not live up to the hype I had when it was first announced.

Legend of Zelda-every game since the WiiU tech demo. I think both Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild were fun, but nothing like I imagined after seeing that tech demo.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@heljar said:

Duke Nukem Forever. At least in the beginning. I loved Duke Nukem 3D. And when pictures started leaking and rumors that it would use the Unreal engine I was excited. The hype quickly died down after the first year with nothing new to report. When it finally did arrive years after it was announced I didn't really expect much. I only got it because I found it in a bargain bin at a local GameStop. The game did not live up to the hype I had when it was first announced.

Legend of Zelda-every game since the WiiU tech demo. I think both Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild were fun, but nothing like I imagined after seeing that tech demo.

Duke Nukem 3D was my first real game I ever played. I have never been so hyped for a game. Pre-order the special edition as soon as I could and got to the play the demo. Which was great. Oh boy was I disappointed.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

probably Guild Wars 2. And it didn't live up to it. I mean, it's a great game, but I don't like it nearly as much as the original.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts

Halflife 2,

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56317 Posts

I only have 8 most hype game and they met my expectations more so:

1. Mass Effect 3
  2. Crysis
  3. Quantum Break
  4. Halo: Combat Evolve
  5. Sonic Mania
  6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  7. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  8. The Witcher 3
Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

You know what, it was probably GTA V. Mostly because my friends were hyping it up too. (I was never into GTA until V came around...) But, what's funny is that I didn't ever complete the game. I probably played less than a quarter of it. It wasn't underwhelming but I just got bored of it unfortunately. It got repetitive for me.

Another one that comes to mind is Kingdom Hearts 2. I'd cut the artwork out of game news magazines and pin them on my walls.

Right now though, it's Animal Crossing Switch.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

Back in the day my brother and I were super hyped for Oblivion. We were salivating over the supposed "radiant" AI in addition to the amazing graphics. That game was going to be all that and a bag of chips plus the cats meow! Alas, we were bound to be let down with our hype-o-meters nigh boiling point! It was good, just not that good.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Super Metroid

Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts

Modern Warfare 2

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

Sonic Adventure 2

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Definitely between Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora Mask, Twilight Princess, and Smash Bros. Melee. Been awhile since I've been that hyped up for a game, although Metroid Prime 4 announcement had my attention before the game went dark for the last couple years....

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

BioShock Infinite. And it met the hype.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Halo 2 and GTA san Andreas., both releases I was a kid but the hype was real.

Recently though fighterZ, when I first saw gameplay the hype was real

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

It was an all right game, but I think I hyped it too much before it's release. I researched everything about it, got super into it, overexcited...then it came out. I enjoyed it, but it fell short of hype.

It's why I don't hype anything at all these days.

rs2hot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rs2hot
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Rainbow Six

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

shenmue shenmue 2 shenmue 3 halo 2 HALO 3 halo 4 mass effect 3 skyrim uncharted 2 uncharted 3 uncharted 4 god of war 2018 horizon zero dawn spiderman bloodborne gta iv gta v redemption 2 assasin creed odyssey last of us part 2 doom3 orange BOX ninja gaiden xenoblade chronickles mario galaxy 2 zelda SS THE WITCHER 3

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

I think it was Arkham Knight... damn, what a disappointment.

MarkWilliamson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MarkWilliamson
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Is there anyone who can recommend the best product among the ones listed here?

https://chairsbuddy.com/best-gaming-chairs/

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2958 Posts

I have never been more hyped for a game than the SNES conversion of Street Fighter 2. I wasn't disappointed and I played it a LOT. Looking back now, the SNES version is clearly not identical to the arcade version, but it is nearly as enjoyable.

I was also really excited about Silent Hill (PS One). Bought it in a store and rushed home to play it. Again, I wasn't disappointed.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Most hyped that I can remember is Super Mario 64 or possibly Metal Gera Solid 2....

I think Super Mario Galaxy came sorta close at some points but it didn't really reach the same level IMO.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7338 Posts

I don't think I've ever been, or ever will be again more hyped for a game than Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. My friends and I lived and breathed the first, and the second sounded bigger and better in every way. And for the most part it was.

Others that came close are probably:

• Soul Calibur 2, which completely lived up to the hype
  • Twilight Princess, which mostly lived up to the hype
  • Brutal Legend, which didn't really live up to the hype but I still enjoyed it and believe it's very existence makes the world a better place than it would be otherwise.

I thought I had become too old and jaded to get hyped for games like I used to, but waiting for Smash Bros: Ultimate did make me feel damn near like a kid again.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15980 Posts

Persona 5.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2148 Posts

It must have been the original Mafia. The other one that I remember being exited the most about - Mass Effect, then Human Revolution and Witcher 3.

At the moment it would be Bloodlines 2.