What's your best acheivement on a legacy console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Ever finished Super Mario Bros. in 20 minutes? Ever have a REALLY long Pac-Man run? Ever beat Battletoads? I sure didn't, but those eluded you, what's your favorite accomplishment on a legacy console?

As for me, I once made it through Flashback(Genesis) without a scratch. Felt like a real badass back then.

One thing I was never able to do, despite numerous attempts, was kill Death Adder in Golden Axe. It maddened me to no end!

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
For me it was FINALLY figuring out how to shorten the chain of that dogshark in Conkers bad fur day without a guide. I was soooo happy when I did. I was stuck on that forever.
sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#4 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts
Beating Castlevania 3 and Bionic Commando felt like pretty huge accomplishments back in the day. Those games were tough.
kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts

i beat a NES game :D

and not one were you save like zelda...

matthewd49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 matthewd49
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

100% on every level in yoshi's island for snes.

Mtngranek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 Mtngranek
Member since 2009 • 403 Posts

I once beat Super Mario Bros. three times in as row. I wanted to know if after the second "harder" quest (different enemies, smaller platforms...) if it got any harder. FYI, it doesn't. The third time is the same as the second.

Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

Beating Megaman X (SNES) two times in one day when I was like 8 or so.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Finding the hidden track devs left in Auto Racing on the Intellivision

You had to drive off one track and then go through some woods and there was another track that devs scrapped because it too difficult and didn't flow well

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

Beat Castlevania, Castlevania 4, beat zelda 2.

I can 100% speed run Megaman X in 50 minutes, Megaman X2 in 60 minutes, and Megaman X3 in 90 minutes.

tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#11 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Catching the Hylian Loach (big fish) in Ocarina of Time in 1999.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a263a314f72b
deactivated-5a263a314f72b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: -3

#12 deactivated-5a263a314f72b
Member since 2010 • 196 Posts

Once I beat the incredibly difficult"WILD GUNS" for the Super Nintendo, without using any Cheat Codes,

then I think I would consider that a personal Acheivement on my part, LOL! :P

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

Beating Banjo Kazooie and Tooie

those games we're MAD hard!

ggnome213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ggnome213
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts
I got all the endings in Truecrime: Streets of LA.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I don't think I ever did anything that was much of an achievement on a legacy console because there was nothing to show for it. I love that they made achievements on 360 that everyone can see and compare with friends. But back then, if you did something people just wouldn't believe or just wouldn't really care because you didn't get anything. But now you can show off your earned achievements. That's why I never bothered to beat any game more than once.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
I can beat Super Mario Bros. in under 20 minutes. I have also beaten every single level including all the 2nd quest levels in one sitting, without a single Game Over. That's the game I grew up on.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
star ocean till the end of time
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

I got all the endings in Truecrime: Streets of LA.ggnome213

Thats game is truly under rated.

N-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 N-REAL
Member since 2003 • 2509 Posts

I mastered FFVII, I beat both ruby and emeradl weapons without tricks, almost 1 hour each one. Got all summon materias, I breed a Gold Chocobo in half a day. All limit breaks and Ultima weapons (Aeris included) 8)

ggnome213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ggnome213
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

[QUOTE="ggnome213"]I got all the endings in Truecrime: Streets of LA.Lunchbucket16

Thats game is truly under rated.

I know right, people kept calling it a GTA clone but it was still pretty cool.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts

Beating Banjo Kazooie and Tooie

those games we're MAD hard!

rwallacefan
I beat the second one way back when. Wasn't hard, just time consuming. I think I still had like 3 puzzle pieces to find. My favorite one would have to be 100% in KH and KH2
Seiryuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Seiryuu-
Member since 2010 • 1202 Posts
For me, it is probably beating Ninja Gaiden on the NES and getting the winged death rating in Panzer Dragoon Orta.
jouluturkki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 jouluturkki
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

Iselia Queen in Star Ocean the 2nd Story on Universe difficulty, without using the Eternal Sphere.

oh, and clearing all stages on the 00 Agent difficulty in 007 GoldenEye.

Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

Beating Mike Tyson's Punch Out multiple times. Even today when I tell people I beat that game a lot when I was a runt they do not believe me. I bet if I fired the game up now it would only take a few sessions to get the old skills back to beat it again.

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

i finished all ninja gaidens, on hard from the first arcade to black (of course i beat 2 but thats not legacy). the funnest was3 the first was just hard and not really fun. black was somewhere in the middle in terms of difficulty on hard.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I obtained every single Chaos Emerald and Super Emerald in Sonic 3 & Knuckles for every single character which includes the default Sonic & Tails combo, Sonic (alone), Tails (alone), and Knuckles. Some of those later 3D special stages were mad ****ing hard!
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

i was pretty excited when i beat games like Jet Moto, Air Combat, and Twisted metal on my Ps1. but beating other games like Flashback and Sonic1 on the genesis was pretty awesome too. I can't say I have any AWESOME achievments that nobody else can do, but I just play to have fun, I dont claim to be any good at games.

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Finishing all 96 goals in Super Mario World for SNES.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
silly goose, legacy consoles don't have achievements :P
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

name a tough game for the nes and i beat it. all the ninja gaidens, battle toads, megaman 1, the original castlevania,was kinda tough.... man that was soooo long ago. i pretty much was obsessed with gaming as a kid and tore through every game i touched. i've had people tell me wizards and warriors was difficult, i thought wizards & warriors 3 was tougher as you only get 5 or 6 lives total throughout the game and without a strategy guide it can take 3+ hours to beat whereas the first one took about 45 minutes.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#31 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

Winning a little MLB98 "tournament" against my brother (PS)

Finally beating Ozma in FFIX (PS)

waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Oh wow, awesome topic.

NES - I beat Mike Tyson's Punchout once, screamed in victory and didn't play it anymore (Mike Tyson was so damn hard).Also, Black Bass (I think it was called, the fishing game) I caught the biggest freaking fish, there was a ranking system and I never got over like... 30. This sucker put me at number 1. I got ungodly long sessions in City Connection. Also, got to the final boss (didn't beat him) in Contra without the Konami Code.

SNES - There was about 10 of us who played the same cartridge for Super Mario Kart. We had gotten the top rating on every time track, but after a year of it, I spent a week with the cartridge and got the top score on every single track, and it was never beaten. SNES was a fun system for me, I did some good stuff, like all the levels in Super Mario World, beat a huge lot of games, but nothing beats the Super Mario Kart experience.

PS - This is where I got nerdy. FF7 mostly, the game that started a RPG addiction for me. I got BAD on this game. I beat it 8 times, I'm not kidding. I decided to create a theory called beating it 100%. That meant maxing out everything possible, beating everything possible. I did some crazy stuff. I tried to get 99 of everything. Weapons, armor, anything buyable or morphable. I had 99 Ribbons (morphing tonberries in the north cave). I had a full set of master materia (all colors) for all my characters. I had a stable full of as many Gold Chocobos as would fit in there (I think I had to leave one with a black or something). I got stupid with that game. I always found a goal. My goal was to have the most complete Save File of the game pretty much in the world. I, however, made the mistake of not backing it up on another card. I had one of these cards that electronically moved you from page to page. One day, it fried after a power outage and was stuck on whichever page I had it on. I was playing something else and lost it all. I played a lot more of the game after that, but nothing to that effect again. When PS2 was out, I even bought one of the portable ones to take with me to the field when I was in the military and got all the materia and started a similar (but nowhere near as progressed) file on it using no guides what so ever. I had it all memorized lol.

Besides FF7 got all 108 characters in Suikoden 1 and 2. Made it like 17 seasons deep in a franshise mode in some football game.

PS2 - Filled the sphere grid on every character FF10. Beat more games on this system than any other. Outside the sphere grid nothing too crazy or difficult.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
A few moments I can think of: Completing Super Mario World in about 20 mins using the old shortcut routine Completing Super Street Fighter 2 on the hardest difficulty (this took me hours) My first Ultra Combo on Killer Instinct for the SNES Just a few I can think of right now
neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

Completing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 with every single character and finding every single Gap in the game.

cropcircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cropcircles
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
beating zelda 2. that game is TOUGH!
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
[QUOTE="cropcircles"]beating zelda 2. that game is TOUGH!

Indeed. I can get to the final castle, through that insane path before it, and all the way to the final battle. But I can't beat Shadow Link after barely surviving the boss right before him. I never have truly beaten it. If the game would only allow you to continue to level-up.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Off the top of my head:

-beat Ninja Gaiden, Captain Skyhalk, and the Double Dragon games(NES ones) without dying.

-completely finished Goldeney and Perfect Dark. I'm sure others have done this, but personally I don't know anyone who has, which makes me think its pretty difficult to do.

---

-a cousin of mine can beat turrican on the genesis without dying.

FreakinAcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FreakinAcorn
Member since 2010 • 196 Posts
Beating the ruby sword from FF VII (I'm not sure if that is the right name but it is a secret boss that doesn't have anything to do with the main story line).
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I beat Killer Instinct on the hardest possible mode without using any continues.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Finding the hidden track devs left in Auto Racing on the Intellivision

You had to drive off one track and then go through some woods and there was another track that devs scrapped because it too difficult and didn't flow well

Jaysonguy

YES! I don't remember actually doing this myself, but I remember watching my dad do this. I love the intellivision!

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#41 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Beating the ruby sword from FF VII (I'm not sure if that is the right name but it is a secret boss that doesn't have anything to do with the main story line).FreakinAcorn

I always thought beating the emerald weapon was way more difficult than the ruby weapon. Knights of the Round+Mime+various others!

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

I beat Killer Instinct on the hardest possible mode without using any continues.

Bubble_Man
Not easy at all, Fulgore was notorious for being a cheap sub boss, and Eyedol was even tougher
talool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 talool1
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts

Not long ago I held a hot chick in panties and a braw on an arcade machine that I am currently building.(and that is the greatest achievement in videogaming's history ever...I think=).

[this is a real story] It was a part of me and friends parting our country's "Indepandance Day", at my home and doing BBQ at the roof while some people having prototype and Time crisis action going on.

It was great fun.

TabJSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TabJSR
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

I completed Super Mario Bros. on the original hardware in one sitting. In that same sitting, I also beat the second quest. I had no game-overs, used no warp-zones, and used no cheats or glitches.