What's in your trade-in pile?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Perhaps i don't fully qualify as a collector as i tend just to want games i like or might like (with a couple of exceptions). Inevitably some aren't what i'd hoped for and i don't wish to keep games that i don't like, also some games aren't in the condition i'd hoped for so have to re-buy. If a shop has provided me with a sub-standard product, i have no qualms about trading it in again.

(All PS2)

• Seek and Destroy (Rubbish game)
  • Fireblade (Rubbish game)
  • Haven: Call of the King (Rubbish game)
  • Kya: Dark Lineage (Duplicate - manual in German)
  • Burnout 3: Takedown (Duplicate - crumpled manual)
  • Muppets Party Cruise (Duplicate - sticker on cover art + no manual)
  • Killzone (Duplicate - Heavily scratched disc)
  • Driver: Parallel Lines (Duplicate - dents in disc)
  • Turok Evolution (Duplicate - Sticker damage to cover artwork)
  • XIII (Duplicate - bought 2 on same day)
  • Buzz: The Hollywood Quiz (Duplicate - bought 2 on same day)

What's in your pile?

Avatar image for MrGamerOFCourse
MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MrGamerOFCourse
Member since 2012 • 171 Posts

see im like you mate to be honest but lately been looking at games im gonna keep like for instance:

splinter cell series i have every game of the splinter cell series and never got rid of any of the games

dead rising never got rid of that

but theres like cod modern wafare 2 that i have brought and sold multiple times

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#3 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Only one I can think of is Brothers In Arms for the PC. Don't care for war games.
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
At this point, not much if anything at all... It seems that every time I trade a game, I want to rebuy it soon after. Ico (that was a pain in the ass to find again), Dark Cloud 2 (same story), even games that aren't so great like Lost Planet (360 I know and not legacy, but still, the sentiment remains). These days I rarely buy a game without researching it first (Tomb Raider being the only recent exception), and if I'm looking for an older title, it's something I was obviously seeking out anyway, so little chance I'll trade it again afterwards. I still kick myself in the ass for selling my PS1 collection (including, among others, perfectly mint copies of FF7 and Xenogears). Actually, that's a lie, I die a little inside every time I think of it...
AntiHeroPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 AntiHeroPunk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I do not believe in trading in games, all of the games that I own I like to go back and play them over and over again.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

Although I dont trade my games in, I definately have no problem with others trading their in. I mean.... how else am I going to buy games for a less than new sticker price? :P

Thanks guys :)

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I rarely trade games because I hold on to the vast majority of them. Occassionally I'll win a lot of games on Ebay and there will be duplicates in it, or I'll come across free games that I already own and trade those. Currently these are the only ones I have:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)

DDRMAX Extreme 2 (PS2)

Sly 3 (PS2)

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

I rarely trade games because I hold on to the vast majority of them. Occassionally I'll win a lot of games on Ebay and there will be duplicates in it, or I'll come across free games that I already own and trade those. Currently these are the only ones I have:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)

DDRMAX Extreme 2 (PS2)

Sly 3 (PS2)

Shenmue_Jehuty

Ah, yes indeed. Forgot about those....

However, I go INTO that with the idea of reselling online not trading in for store credit or another game.

I have bought lots, kept what I didnt have and sold single games back on ebay for as much or more than the entire lot cost... lol

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Nothing.  Even if some of the games I have are really bad it's fun to go back and play them for the lolz.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

generally speaking, if I don't care about a game due to just not liking it , and I haven't played it in nearly a year, its a candidate for a sale on Ebay or a trade in.

the problem is that  some games ae just not worth trading in ,  for instance I wanted to sell Quake 2 on the PS1, again because I never play it , but I would be lucky to get more than , say,  £3 , and that is in a best case scenario.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Nothing right now. I've already sold the games I don't care about owning.

I'll even sell games that I liked if I don't want to play them again. If I replayed all the games I enjoy I would never have time for new ones, and other than games in a series(prefer to keep those complete, don't like to see 2 in a series skip over to 4 on my shelf) I really enjoy I don't keep games I never play.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

I never sell any game or console, and I don't tend to buy bad games, unless I get good deals on them like cdi zeldas

sometimes when I buy in lots I get games ir systems double, triple or even more, so then I give away games and consoles that I have too much of, for instance I gave away a spare dreamcast(I own 4 of them) and shenmue 2(Iown 3 of them) to a guy I met and who became my friend after telling about shenmue. he had borrowed a dreamcast with shenmue 1 from a friend of mine as well and he finished it and loved it so much, I gave him that, so he could also play 2.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Not much at all. I've traded away most of my unwanted stuff that I consider bad or I had gotten upgraded copies of (such as getting a Dreamcast version of an already owned PS1 game). And I don't trade in games just to get a new game.

I use the GameTZ trading site, if anyone was interested in any of these, BTW. Username "BurningDoom".

What little I have on my trade list:

• Coleco Head-to-Head Baseball Handheld
  • Coleco Head-to-Head Basketball Handheld
  • ESPN X-Games: Pro-Boarder (PS1)
  • Hexen: Beyond Heretic (PC)
  • Ikarai Warriors (NES)
  • Jakks T.V. Plug-N-Play Spider-Man
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Manual Only (GBA)
  • Masters of the Universe (GBA)
  • Samurai Shodown Manual Only (SNES)
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: Hidden Empire Manual Only (PS1)
  • Super Huey III (PC)
  • Windows ME Upgrade (PC)
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
nhl 11 if I get more than $5, but if not I'm giving it to a friend or finding SOMEONE who wants it. Tried to enjoy a sports game, turned out to be a big waste of time.
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
i have a few: Metal Gear Solid: Essentials Collection (PS2) Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) World Of Warcraft (PC)
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I refuse to trade in games, for some reason I feel lost if I trade in a game, and I learnt that lesson when I traded in Super Mario 64 DS and Luigi's Mansion about 5 years ago.

I don't know why but, as soon as a game sits on my shelf, it starts to get some sentimental value because of the above reason I don't trade them in, lol

No matter how bad the game is in terms of quality or condition I will keep it, my collection of games is a catalog of neverending entertainment, if the game is bad then I will put it to rest on the shelf, but most of the time I don't enjoy a game because I can't get into it, that is the only view i have on bad games (unless it's truly broken), so I really have no reason to trade it in anyway because I will get into it in x amount of time.

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
Just Anarchy Reigns and Lollipop Chainsaw for 360
Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

I've got a couple of things I'm clearing out, some of them being a few non-CIB copies moving to CIB copies.

EDIT: Not for store trade-ins though, I haven't done those in years.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I cant trade in games anymore, since the time I traded in like 40-50 games and only got like 400 in store credit (I bought most of those new at release too).
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Seek and Destroy is good.....

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I do not have a trade-in pile since a person does much better selling his gamed directly. I've also become better at picking out games I'll actually like.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="i_noseworthy"]At this point, not much if anything at all... It seems that every time I trade a game, I want to rebuy it soon after. Ico (that was a pain in the ass to find again), Dark Cloud 2 (same story), even games that aren't so great like Lost Planet (360 I know and not legacy, but still, the sentiment remains). These days I rarely buy a game without researching it first (Tomb Raider being the only recent exception), and if I'm looking for an older title, it's something I was obviously seeking out anyway, so little chance I'll trade it again afterwards. I still kick myself in the ass for selling my PS1 collection (including, among others, perfectly mint copies of FF7 and Xenogears). Actually, that's a lie, I die a little inside every time I think of it...

Same here, minus the whole dying inside part. :P I used to sell back games but I'd always feel like replaying them later on. Of course buying them back is a huge waste of money so it's better to just keep the game. That and ever since I moved to being a primarily PC gamer I can't sell most of my games anyways.
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

Perhaps i don't fully qualify as a collector as i tend just to want games i like or might like (with a couple of exceptions). Inevitably some aren't what i'd hoped for and i don't wish to keep games that i don't like, also some games aren't in the condition i'd hoped for so have to re-buy. If a shop has provided me with a sub-standard product, i have no qualms about trading it in again.

(All PS2)

• Seek and Destroy (Rubbish game)
  • Fireblade (Rubbish game)
  • Haven: Call of the King (Rubbish game)
  • Kya: Dark Lineage (Duplicate - manual in German)
  • Burnout 3: Takedown (Duplicate - crumpled manual)
  • Muppets Party Cruise (Duplicate - sticker on cover art + no manual)
  • Killzone (Duplicate - Heavily scratched disc)
  • Driver: Parallel Lines (Duplicate - dents in disc)
  • Turok Evolution (Duplicate - Sticker damage to cover artwork)
  • XIII (Duplicate - bought 2 on same day)
  • Buzz: The Hollywood Quiz (Duplicate - bought 2 on same day)

What's in your pile?

BarbaricAvatar
I just ended p trading in madden 13 and Fifa and dark Souls. For games i don't play or sports game I get rid of after a bit because I am short on cash. Most of the time I will keep games that i quite enjoyed just so I can re-play them and try to unlock all the achievements or trophies.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I don't trade in because I only own games I have an interest in. My collection isn't as big as most collectors, but every game I own gets played extensively.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BarbaricAvatar

I don't trade in because I only own games I have an interest in. My collection isn't as big as most collectors, but every game I own gets played extensively.

WiiCubeM1

I used to be like that, but then i reached the stage where i wanted to play something new. Even if it wasn't as good as the ones i already had, it's still a change.

Unfortunately this doesn't always work out and a game well-recieved by others sometimes doesn't do anything for me and so i have no reason to keep it. But i have found some gems that would've passed me by if i hadn't looked for something new.

-

As for keeping games in case i want to return to them, no. I won't want to play "Haven" ever again, or "Seek and Destroy". However i do see the logic where sometimes one would be particularly interested in the subject of a game and need to remind themselves why that game wasn't so good.

So for that reason i am not trading-in "F1 Career Challenge" or "Heatseeker"; neither is good or bad, they just mess-up in certain ways. If i get rid of them then i'll have the feeling at a later date of: "Was it really that bad?" and feel compelled to try it again.

But for the properly rubbish games, nope, no reason to keep them at all.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BarbaricAvatar

They're not relegated to 'trade-in' status just yet, but are on the brink of requiring further testing to be sure if they deserve a place in my collection of excellence!

• Cel Damage Overdrive (Not the kart game i was expecting, it's more of a Twisted Metal game with garish graphics)
  • World Series of Poker 2008 (One of the more pointless PS2 games, takes itself FAR too seriously)
  • Smugglers Run 1 (Things have moved on since this game. Lack of continuity and simplicity are the flaws)
  • Richard Burns Rally (Gamepad users not catered for, i'm not getting a wheel)
  • Iron Aces 2 (Still on the fence, only played it once. Reasons the same as Smugglers Run)

There may be more to add before the end of the week. I'm testing about 10 games every evening, not just for ability but also to ensure they work as the majority of games i've bought over the past 6 months have been used and untested.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#28 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3) That's it.
Thule_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Thule_77
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

My SEGA Genesis and all of my games. I don't play them anymore and I can't seem to sell it either.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Emerald_Warrior

My SEGA Genesis and all of my games. I don't play them anymore and I can't seem to sell it either.

Thule_77

That's a shame. It's a fantastic system with a large library of great games.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Thule_77

Really? Possibly asking for too much?

LAN7ERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LAN7ERN
Member since 2013 • 352 Posts
I do not have anything in my trade in pile, I tend to keep all of my games.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Fireblade", 'rubbish'??? "Iron Aces 2"? I thought we were FRIENDS... My world is upside-down...

:cry:

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BarbaricAvatar

"Fireblade", 'rubbish'??? "Iron Aces 2"? I thought we were FRIENDS... My world is upside-down...

MonkeySpot

I decided to take 'Iron Aces 2' out of the pile, because i really had fun with it on it's final trial. :D

I stand by my judgement on Fireblade though. Stealth helicopter is just a really stupid idea!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

BarbaricAvatar

I decided to take 'Iron Aces 2' out of the pile, because i really had fun with it on it's final trial. :D

I stand by my judgement on Fireblade though. Stealth helicopter is just a really stupid idea!

Breathing returning to normal...

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#37 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

After my experiences with my brother trading SNES games with a local independent games store and my own efforts to trade in to the same store a few years later with my N64 games, I have since never traded a game in. Except once when PC games that I bought I couldn't run on my laptop, which I was offered next to nothing for anyway. There are also a couple of games I bought for the PS2 and Xbox I just threw in the bin. The Getaway I seem to remember is one of them. Not in a habit of getting rid of games, since even the bad ones remind me of my past mistakes when game shopping.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I still got a factory sealed Ratchet & Clank Going Commando for the PS2. I won it from some fast food resturant contest (forgot which resturant brand). I'm thinking of selling it though.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Emerald_Warrior

I still got a factory sealed Ratchet & Clank Going Commando for the PS2. I won it from some fast food resturant contest (forgot which resturant brand). I'm thinking of selling it though.

BigBen11111

Have you not played it because of having no interest in playing it? If that's the case, then definetly, sell it. If you kept it unopened to show it off as a collection piece, then you might want to rethink it.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#40 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i dont sell my games learned my lesson from selling my snes

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shenmue_Jehuty

mariokart64fan

I think most collectors had to go through this in order to see the value in their games. Probably my two biggest regrets hen I was younger were selling me Sega Genesis and the 10+ games for it at a garage sale for $40 when I was about 10. The other regret being the sale of my original Dreamcast and the games I had for it.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I think most collectors had to go through this in order to see the value in their games. Probably my two biggest regrets hen I was younger were selling me Sega Genesis and the 10+ games for it at a garage sale for $40 when I was about 10. The other regret being the sale of my original Dreamcast and the games I had for it.

It wasn't me who had to go through this lesson. Well it was, but it wasn't my fault, you see. My brother sold our entire childhood NES collection at EB Games for a Game Boy Color with a few games and a came carrying case.

And it was a HELLUVA NES collection. We had like everything you could want on the thing: Every Castlevania, every Mega Man, every Mario, every Adventure Island, every Adventures of Lolo, Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, every Dragon Warrior, every Ultima, Final Fantasy, both Zeldas, both Duck Tales, and many others. Our grandma would play NES games, and when she'd finish them she'd send them to us, and often with an accompanying Nintendo Power issue that had the strategy guide/maps in it to that game. So that's how we got such an awesome collection.

And he sold it all for a freaking Game Boy!

I've since bought back a lot of the titles I used to have, but I'm not close to what I used to have. I'll probaby never have every Mega Man and every Dragon Warrior ever again.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

Emerald_Warrior

It wasn't me who had to go through this lesson. Well it was, but it wasn't my fault, you see. My brother sold our entire childhood NES collection at EB Games for a Game Boy Color with a few games and a came carrying case.

And it was a HELLUVA NES collection. We had like everything you could want on the thing: Every Castlevania, every Mega Man, every Mario, every Adventure Island, every Adventures of Lolo, Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, every Dragon Warrior, every Ultima, Final Fantasy, both Zeldas, both Duck Tales, and many others. Our grandma would play NES games, and when she'd finish them she'd send them to us, and often with an accompanying Nintendo Power issue that had the strategy guide/maps in it to that game. So that's how we got such an awesome collection.

I've since bought back a lot of the titles I used to have, but I'm not close to what I used to have. I'll probaby never have every Mega Man and every Dragon Warrior ever again.

First off, your Grandma is sounds awesome if she played NES games, mine just watches CNN and goes to church.

Second, ouch! I am really sorry to hear that :/. The worst is when you trade in games that eventually become very valuable and when you actually want the game again they has become very expensive. This has only happened to me on a few occassions, but it seems like a third of your old NES collection fits into that $40+ category, especially Duck Tales 2, Megaman 4, 5 and 6, and Dragon Warrior IV. Never say never though, it sounds like you hunt around for games enough to where you could come across replacements some day. 

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

First off, your Grandma is sounds awesome if she played NES games, mine just watches CNN and goes to church.

Second, ouch! I am really sorry to hear that :/. The worst is when you trade in games that eventually become very valuable and when you actually want the game again they has become very expensive. This has only happened to me on a few occassions, but it seems like a third of your old NES collection fits into that $40+ category, especially Duck Tales 2, Megaman 4, 5 and 6, and Dragon Warrior IV. Never say never though, it sounds like you hunt around for games enough to where you could come across replacements some day.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. I can't compain at all about that set-up with my Grandma. But I really don't know her too well. She's my step-dad's mom so we were never close and she lives in San Franciso. Whenever my step-dad would leave for Thanksgiving every year (we'd stay in town with my mom's family), he'd come back with new games and Nintendo Powers.

critorkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 critorkong
Member since 2013 • 53 Posts

only games that I somehow end up with two or more copies of

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
A bunch of stuff for all the systems. Although I'm ebaying rather than trading in. Mostly greatest hits stuff and stuff for the ps2. Just sold greatest hits GTA: San Andreas and greatest hits Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance most recently.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#48 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I don't trade in games.  I used to when I was younger when money was an issue, but now I don't.  Man, I had so many amazing games that I traded in, that I really regret.  Right now I'm thinking of how much of an idiot I was for trading in Vagrant Story...

The worst thing is I traded in consoles as well.  I'm now just finally recouping some of these consoles, next on the list is a Sega Saturn.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BarbaricAvatar

Had a good sort-out today in my PC collection. Silly really that i've been holding onto games that i don't play and don't really want.

Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (It's very dull)
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition (Got the 5-in-1 set)
Bejeweled Blitz (Weirdly, the Facebook version has more features)
Bejeweled Twist (Nowhere near as fun as the regular style)
Blitzkrieg (WWII RTS - Yawn)
Wartorn (Terrible RTS)
Juiced1 (Not worth having alongside NFS MW+Carb)
LOTR Fellowship of the Ring (Not a big fan of the 1st film and not once have i felt like trying the game)
Sega Bass Fishing + Sega Marine Fishing (Bad fishing games)

Others that i don't want but can get more for if i sell them online:

Turok Evolution (Never managed to get it working, and got it on PS2)
Emperor: Battle for Dune (Very C&C-ish, which isn't my thing)
Half Life 2: GOTY Edition (Got Orange Box)

The only drawback i've discovered is some of them have decent cases and i always try to trade-in games with the crappiest cases i can find. :D

Â