Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Michelotto
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Not many friend of mine playing FFXIV.

What's wrong? :$

I'm having fun with this mmorpg. But most of my friend said when they play, the feel is like sleepy!!

this is my game play

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I stopped playing because I didn't enjoy the characters art styles. It was too much of the shit I hate about final fantasy characters (After enix merger) and non of what I liked about the games when I played them as a kid. Everything else about the game is so polished and well done it's hard to hate the game, because it's done so damn well. But It's an MMO and it's all about the characters and your gear so without characters I enjoy looking at I just stopped playing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I don't like the fact that it's not on the Xbox One. :(

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

My biggest problem with this game is the art style/character models.

Smallisbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 146

#5 Smallisbig
Member since 2015 • 205 Posts

The gameplay was the reason why I decided to not continue FF14. Not only do you stay still most of the time to cast/attack but there's also that global cooldown which, overall, makes the gameplay really slow, something that I dislike. The fact that you've to pay is also a problem for me, since it's annyoing (imo) to have to pay every month for the same game when you also want to buy all the others great games.

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dwispa
Member since 2014 • 199 Posts

@michelotto: I considered buying the game but it's too hack and slash for me. It doesn't require too much thought when in combat. Give me something like combat mechanics in Witcher 3 and I'd be happy.

Note that some people think that the combat mechanics is dumbed down from TW2 and I wouldn't disagree with that. But the mechanics suffice for a casual gamer like me.

Mannimarco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mannimarco
Member since 2015 • 41 Posts

I don't like the series

serilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 serilder
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

What I don't like about FFXIV as a player who still plays...I have a list. READY SET

1. Mandatory Solo Quests in an MMO
2. Mandatory Storyline
3. Gated EVERYTHING
4. This includes the expansion which you need to finish the 40+ hours of main story quests after reach 50...yes 40+ hours after 50. Or else you can't do any of the xpac
5. That includes playing the new classes
6. The toxic community that thinks the game is perfect
7. The story that everyone tells you is the best story ever written when it is halfbacked trash
8. The economy is terrible, only way to make money is cosmetic items that drop(if you can deal with the terrible undercutting by 50+% over and over)
9. Can't get a house they are all filled
10. End game gear is only able to be attained through one way...dungeons for marks to buy ilvl170 to get to the raid. (no crafting, and the drops in the dungeons you have to spam is useless)
11. All classes on one character
12. 11 wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't make having an alt impossible because you have to redo all the story quests again
13. Locking my class skills behind class quests EVERY 5 levels. (I don't mind a few end game skills but this is overkill....did I mention mostly all of these are solo quests)
14. Aether currents to "earn" flying.
15. Locked into one role on all classes...Dark knight can't dps or lancer can't tank?

I'll stop there because the bullets would get too long with explanations.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#9 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I love the game. FFXIV is honestly the one game that could be a favorite of mine. But there's just one problem:

The monthly sub fee.

Paying $15 a month isn't an issue, it's about feeling like I'm putting in the time to make the payment worthwhile. With a singleplayer game, even if I don't touch it for three months I'll more than likely end up finishing it. With FFXIV or another MMO, if I plan to play it I have to pay the sub fee, but $15 for a single three-hour session in a month isn't exactly worth it for me. Even three hours a week is stretching it. And while there may be times that I can play a ton in the month, currently my life is very live-by-the-moment, so one month I may game thirty hours a week where in another month I'll be lucky to get two in.

Just hard to justify the sub fee when I'm not sure I'll be able to play.

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dark_rising76
Member since 2010 • 1300 Posts

The subscription fee and better missions are one of the few downsides to the game. But other than that I really like the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Subscription fee, game looks fun but I'm not paying 15 a month to play it