what was the helicopter game on genesis called?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

babern38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 babern38
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
I'm trying to remember the name of a series of games I used to love on the genesis. It was a top down/slightly angled view where you flew a helicopter around various battlefields. I remember having to stop over various buldings, lower a hook to get crates and items and then transport things to other locations all while being shot at and shooting at other people. They were great fun and I don't think I've come across any games with a similar style on any new systems. Thanks.
babern38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 babern38
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

i just came across it. I was thinking of jungle strike and desert strike. These were great games. I'd love to see them come on wii's virtual console or remade on a new system.

zelda450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 zelda450
Member since 2006 • 664 Posts
Since you already answered your own question, I was wondering, which one is better in your opinion, Desert or Jungle Strike?
LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts
Personally I liked Jungle Strike or Urban Strike over Desert Strike. I loved using the stealth bomber in Jungle Strike, infinite ammo and fuel... awesome.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

yeah, i figured somebody answered the Q pretty fast, considering Desert Strike is on multiple platforms (GBA, Lynx, Genesis, SNES) and they made Jungle strike, Urban Strike, Soviet Strike, and then another one I cant remember.

Jungle strike is my personal favorite, but if i can find a copy of Desert Strike for the GBA or the lynx for a decent price, i'll probably get it.

JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts

yeah, i figured somebody answered the Q pretty fast, considering Desert Strike is on multiple platforms (GBA, Lynx, Genesis, SNES) and they made Jungle strike, Urban Strike, Soviet Strike, and then another one I cant remember.

Talldude80

Nuclear Strike

biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 biohazard
Member since 2002 • 953 Posts
yeah soviet strike for ps1 was the best. it had an improved chase camera, but you could still press select and go to the classic jungle strike fixed cam view. plus it had incorporated cg in it and it came together better than jungle, dessert, or nuclear strike IMO.
weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
I love these games and I'm glad to hear that there were a couple others in the series that I didn't know about (Soviet, Nuclear).