What next gen console games do you guys think are over hyped and will not meet what we expect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By fscjr18
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I think "The Crew" is going to have some issues with how big they're making it along with the new BattleField, I think they are over hyping it big time.. I haven't really been impressed like OMG this game is awesome! Battlefield 4 is graphically amazing along with a few others but nothing has grabbed my inner gamer and just blew my mind.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I don't think Sunset Overdrive is going to be as good as advertised. The game shows a lot of promise as being a zany, over-the-top Ratchet and Clank style game, but I think it might suffer due to its image and the gameplay might become shallow over time.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fscjr18

@mastermetal777: Hell yea dude I didn't even think of that game. That's such a perfect example. Ratchet and Clank lol such good games! Would be nice to see one on new gen. Elder Scrolls online as well I don't think it's going to be all that

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

-Zelda: Hyrule Warriors

-Zelda Wii U

-Gears of War for the Xbox One

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Destiny and Zelda Wii U

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#5 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Most of them. There are few games (IMO) that live up to the hype.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'm not really seeing the appeal with Destiny and think it's getting way overhyped.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The Order 1886 only because Sony fans hype anything from Sony no matter what. Most of us know already that it looks like nothing special.

Uncharted 4 will probably be the same old with flashier graphics.

No Man's Sky. Although I'm extremely hyped for this game, there's just something telling me it can't live up to the developers' promises.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Destiny and Order 1886

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

I'm not really seeing the appeal with Destiny and think it's getting way overhyped.

I'm sort of thinking this... After playing the Beta, it definitely has potential, but I'm worried as well.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Definitely Destiny after playing the beta. Cool game but not worth $60 plus tax imo.

Almost every Ubisoft game is usually over hyped except for maybe Far Cry 4.

Other over hyped games include The Order 1886, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 Guardians, The Last Of Us (PS4 version looks almost the same as PS3 version), Evolve (looks OP for the team hunters), and COD Advanced Warfare.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Destiny and The Order 1886.

@HipHopBeats said:

Definitely Destiny after playing the beta. Cool game but not worth $60 plus tax imo.

Almost every Ubisoft game is usually over hyped except for maybe Far Cry 4.

Other over hyped games include The Order 1886, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 Guardians, The Last Of Us (PS4 version looks almost the same as PS3 version), Evolve (looks OP for the team hunters), and COD Advanced Warfare.

So Destiny is literally Titanfall? i mean cool game but not 60 bucks cool game!Have to disagree with Evolve , i think it's gonna be a blast!

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@mjorh: Destiny plays like an average FPS with a boring story. Honestly I went back to playing Far Cry 3 which I can't believe I waited so long to play. Other gamers may tell you different, but it's not the hype they're making it out to be imo.

As for Evolve, unless the person playing as the monster didn't play it right, it looks like the monster would have a hard chance of winning unless the four hunters suck ass. If the hunters didn't have jetpacks, it might be a little more balanced. Looks like it could get boring pretty quick.

Loading Video...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@HipHopBeats You've got a point , i loved the concept but as far as the "balance" goes, as u mentioned, i'm worried u know the it's the concept vs execution , they have time till release hope they figure it out ...

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

well he wiped the hunters once. If they get to keep coming back, then he's probably going to die eventually. Seems like there may be objectives that the monster can accomplish to ultimately win as I noticed the hunters got a message to protect the generator, but the monster never seemed to target that objective. The only problem i see gamewise is guys not staying dead...there's got to be a way for monsters to finish off someone they down, like by eating them, but this guy wasn't doing that. That seemed to be where he screwed up, unless he can't finish off prey, which would be stupid. Otherwise, balance looks ok from what I can see in one video.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Witcher 3 for PS4

Game requires a powerful PC

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Every "AAA" game is over-hyped. Every single one.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fscjr18

@notorious1234na: hell yea it does! I think everyone on console is going to be a little angry when they play it.

And destiny does play like a Fps but the gun selection depends on what you find and your class so that throws a good twist into things. I believe the game will get boring once you feel as if you can't find anything better then the best weapons and armor. But online gameplay will probably always been played.

As for the new far cry! That game is probably going to be awesome it looks awesome the last game was great and created one of the best bad guy characters of like all time. Really waiting for it!

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Notorious1234NA

I like to see a SCVI but that will never happen for a while lulz

Better yet they should just make another SCV

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#19 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: your semi-right about the order: 1886. but you're completely wrong about no man's sky.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@watchdogsrules said:

@Pikminmaniac: your semi-right about the order: 1886. but you're completely wrong about no man's sky.

I hope you're right because I've always dreamed of a game like No Man's Sky, but it just seems impossible that such a small team will be able to pull it off. Only time will tell.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@jer_1 said:

Every "AAA" game is over-hyped. Every single one.

No.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fscjr18

@Pikminmaniac: If no Man's Sky is a success it's going to be crazy. But just think of how many other companies with more money to spend on creating a game could of done the game. I think people know that it's going to be nearly impossible to pull off.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 watchdogsrules

shadow of modor and all upcoming sports games.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fscjr18

@watchdogsrules: whaaaat? The new madden looks promising (lots of sarcasm) lol. Idk why they are still creating them just give it to someone else to give it a try.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Destiny, Evolve and The Order.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 watchdogsrules

i hate to say it and i'm not %100 certain that this game will not deliver but i feel like Assassin's creed: unity is kinda overhyped.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

None that I can think of.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Halo Master Chief Collection.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fscjr18

@SaltyMeatballs: I can't wait for that to come out. It's going be great

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

the witcher3 will not be a bust on either console. maybe, some framerate, graphical and tech issues that aren't as great as the pc version, but, i doubt meaningful GAMEPLAY content and mechanics will be axed in those versions.

i'll still be getting the pc version, though, lol!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Am a pc gamer that can play next gen games on my old pc, so i am not a next gen console gamer yet, do i not get a say?

Anyway everything from ubisoft, the order because it has no gameplay and as for destiny? That 500m budget will ensure that everone praises the game to high heaven even if it sucks, take a look at halo and cod.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fscjr18

@dakan45: lol na man everyone gets a say no discrimination against PC gamers haha. But halo in my opinion was a better game bungie knew when to stop COD creators will keep this going until they are completely out of ideas which will never happen. As for destiny bungie made it and everything bungie has made and helped in has been a success and a very good game! So I believe in destiny I am really looking forward to it after playing the beta.

thecruzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 thecruzan
Member since 2014 • 106 Posts

Destiny and Evolve

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Destiny was a generic shooter.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dakan45

@fscjr18: To be fair the truth is this

Bungie was a mac developer of a game called marathon, MS bought them for 10 years, they made halo for xbox NOT pc in order to boost sales for xbox.

The contract is over and bungie is free to do multiplats, bungue doesnt own halo, ms does, so ms keeps making halo while bungie makes a new ip.

Destiny is not something new its like defiance and borderlands but its gonna sell and get rated high because activision has a 500m budget behind it, it will be hyped to high heaven and everyone will buy it, its quality is irrelevant activision has spend double of what gta v costed on this game.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Notorious1234NA

@udubdawgz1: they pushed back the release of Witcher 3 a YEAR because the PS4 and Xbone couldn't handle the open world.

That game is too demanding for a $400 PC.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#38 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

The Order. In fact, I would say most of the games Sony hypes up are going to be disappointing.

Naquada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Naquada
Member since 2004 • 99 Posts

So far, I'd say Destiny. After the beta, I still have some hopes for the release, but I can't say I see where all of the money is going, and this game is getting a level of hype like almost nothing I've ever seen before.

A lot of people say 'The Order', and I'm actually looking forward to that one. Maybe I don't pay that much attention, but while I see it advertised, I'm not sure I'd put it in the category of 'over-hyped' by any means. 'Over-hyped' to me means can't turn around without seeing it, and the game itself can't justify it. The Last of Us and the original Gears of War were like that, but I enjoyed them enough (and so did many others) that I feel like they justified it. The Halo collection coming out is another one that you won't be able to escape seeing for some time, and while the games were never really for me, they have a large enough fan base of those that did enjoy them to also justify it, IMO.

Time will tell for Destiny. From impressions I've read, I have the feeling it will live up to the hype for many, even if it ends up not being the game for me personally.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fscjr18

@notorious1234na: I agree 100% there is no way that the consoles will be able to run it the way it's supposed to be ran

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fscjr18

@Naquada: I am currently playing through the last of us on ps4 I didn't play it on ps3 didn't even own a ps3 lol but I enjoy the last of us a lot, if the order has a story that brings the player in then I believe it'll be a good game. Graphics for all these games are obviously going to be good so now it's just on the story and gameplay

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By udUbdaWgz1

@notorious1234na: the witcher3 will not be a bust on consoles. not sure how much clearer i can be.

comparisons with the pc version are invalid and not pertinent to this thread.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

The Witcher 2 looked spectacular on the 360 so i'd hope they can redo that for Witcher 3.

If MGSV disappoints and doesn't blow my mind like a tiny thing in the back of my head is telling me I will be super crushed, it would physically deflate me.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#44 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

This. Im sure it will sell well, but not enough to recoup that $500-million budget. It would have to sell over ~8.3 million copies just to break even. So far even the best-selling games are struggling to hit 3 million units sold on a given console.

I have little faith in pretty much any AAA game these days after seeing so much hype and flops. to me AAA doesnt mean quality. It just means how much money the hype train is riding on.

fscjr18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fscjr18

@svaubel: the 500 million is crazy! I didn't even know that was the budget until you guys said it. Idk what you can do to a game with 500 million to put into it but I do know 4.6 million people played the beta which gives you a really good idea on how many copies they are going to sell

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Notorious1234NA

@svaubel said:

@SoNin360 said:

This. Im sure it will sell well, but not enough to recoup that $500-million budget. It would have to sell over ~8.3 million copies just to break even. So far even the best-selling games are struggling to hit 3 million units sold on a given console.

I have little faith in pretty much any AAA game these days after seeing so much hype and flops. to me AAA doesnt mean quality. It just means how much money the hype train is riding on.

I believe Destiny is an MMO?

You'd be amazed at how much mmo fps can make with some of the more popular ones making 500M a year. They will micro transaction hell out of that game just watch.

iTrueColors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 iTrueColors
Member since 2014 • 52 Posts

@SaltyMeatballs: Well considering that this is what hardcore Halo players have wanted since Halo Reach, I don't think its overhyped. ITs bringing back Halo 2, a game which, if anyone remembers, had the MLG championships on MTV. ANybody remember those epic Carbon v. Final Boss matches? Its bringing back the game, gamers like T-squared signed million dollar contracts for. So no - I don't think its getting enough hype

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dakan45

@Cloud_imperium said:

Destiny and Order 1886

this, destiny becuase its defiance/borderlands but hey 500m marketing, that will get all the dudebros to buy it and it will be rated high, like halo and cod.

As for the order i read somewhere that the game is uber scripted and there was a cutscene every 2-3 kills, apparently they werent kidding about being all "cinematic"

@Pikminmaniac said:

The Order 1886 only because Sony fans hype anything from Sony no matter what. Most of us know already that it looks like nothing special.

and that, so much overhype for killzone shadowfall....meh, overhype for infamous, a repettive short game with impressive graphics, "wait until e3" they said "greatness is coming" well greatness never came. Even yoshida said "only 4/10 sony exlusives sell" but they keep going on on how amazing sony exlusives are....NOPE!!.

CHAOSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CHAOSpectre
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

@SaltyMeatballs: How can that be overhyped? We know exactly what to expect?

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By udUbdaWgz1

@CHAOSpectre: the master chief collection may be the greatest bargain in gaming history. i'll have to wait and see if it shoves theorangebox off the throne.