What is your gaming backlog like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by RicanV (114 posts) -

Anyone else get that overwhelming feeling when they look at their library?

I probably have over 50+ titles untouched right now. This is a combination of physical titles and digital titles that I received free from PS+ and everytime I look at my collection I get a little.

How many titles are in your backlog and how are you all dealing with it?

#2 Posted by SoNin360 (5336 posts) -

I only have like 5 games I haven't played entirely, about another 5 I still want to revisit and do some things, and then another 8 I haven't purchased/rented yet that I plan to and are already out. In all, it's not too bad. The lists will grow once I have a PS4 and once I renew my PS+ and have more games from the Instant Games Collection I want to play. Basically, I tackle games one at a time. I can't focus on multiple games at once, so I'll finish through one game or find a good stopping point before moving on to the next.

#3 Posted by anab0lic (271 posts) -

Yup, having too much money and not enough time. First world problems.

#4 Edited by pillarrocks (1317 posts) -

AC4-started a few missions. Taking a break from it, I really want to beat it before the DLC comes out.

Saints Row 4-actually beat it last night. Doing the challenges and finished the DLC last month before beating the main game.

AC3-same as AC4. Haven't gotten far into it.

GTA5-haven't beat it as I was busy with Saints Row 4.

Bioshock Infinite-made it to the last boss. Just need to beat him to start the DLC.

WWE 2K14-have to do Wrestlemania mode and beat the Streak and defend the Streak plus online trophies.

Batman Origins-played a little bit of it. Have to get back into it.

Those are the only games I want to beat in my backlog for now. Have a few more like Borderlands 1/2, DmC, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon but those can wait until I done with the above games.

#5 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -

About 12 games.

9 or 10 of which are unplayed PS+ games including MGR, Saints Row 3, Borderlands 2, DmC, GTA: Liberty City Stories & Soul Sacrifice.

#6 Edited by outworld222 (2411 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

I only have like 5 games I haven't played entirely, about another 5 I still want to revisit and do some things, and then another 8 I haven't purchased/rented yet that I plan to and are already out. In all, it's not too bad. The lists will grow once I have a PS4 and once I renew my PS+ and have more games from the Instant Games Collection I want to play. Basically, I tackle games one at a time. I can't focus on multiple games at once, so I'll finish through one game or find a good stopping point before moving on to the next.

Pretty much this. I got 5 or maybe 6 I have to go through. I feel like part of the problem is is not enough time/concentrating on finishing one game at a time.

#7 Posted by RicanV (114 posts) -

@outworld222:

@SoNin360 said:

Pretty much this. I got 5 or maybe 6 I have to go through. I feel like part of the problem is is not enough time/concentrating on finishing one game at a time.

I have a similar playstyle as Sonin. I enjoy exploring all the nooks and crannies of a game so I will often have 1 game I am concentrating on and a side game like CoD just for quick matches with friends.

#8 Posted by marcheegsr (2513 posts) -

Ps3: Gran turismo 6, Fallout New Vegas DLC, Grid 2, Devil may cry 4, The Saboteur, Yakuza 3, Chronicles of Riddick, Borderlands 2, Dragon age, God of war 3.

Plus I plan on buying a few other games that I missed on.

Ps4: AC Black flag, NFS Rivals, Cod Ghosts

Its not too bad, I really put an effort on beating games about 2-3 months prior the ps4 launch so I wouldn't be too overwhelmed.

Ps plus keeps giving me good games

#9 Edited by Mrod1212 (1152 posts) -

I plan on revisiting a couple of titles later on.

#10 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2388 posts) -

Quite a few games to play and most of them are lengthy rpgs(in the middle of a ff marathon)

Not to mention the stuff i got from the steam sales and ps+.

#11 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

i have to finish the borderlands dlc, battman arkham city dlc, and all of the walking dead.

#12 Posted by HowlPendragon (30 posts) -

About 100 games on Steam, half of which I just can't play due to the fact that I only have this i5 laptop.

And about 35 PS3 titles. About 15 of which are from PS Plus

#13 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Going to try and knock out most of these this year.

PS3:

Demon`s Souls, Bayonetta, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Force Unleashed II, Dead Island, Blops, Blops II, Assault on Dark Athena, MGS 1-3, Raymay Legends, Star Trek, Farcry 2, Farcry 3, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Lair, Conan, Wet, The Saboteur, Dark Sector, L.A. Noire, RDR, F.E.A.R.2, Condemned 2, Resistance 2, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Enslaved, Heavenly Sword, ACIII, ACIV, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands, Dishonored, DMC, GTAIV EfLC, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, MGR: Revengeance, Sly 4, RE6, Sleeping Dogs, BF3, Fallout 3, TLoU, GoWIII, InFamous, InFamous 2, GTAV, LBP, Ni No Kuni, Beyond:TS, Metro Last Light.

360:

Gears 2, Gears 3, Alan Wake, AC, Mass Effect, Stranglehold, Crackdown, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero

Wii:

Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 2, Other M, No More Heroes.

#14 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Pretty big

still need to finish

• Mass Effect 3 (don't know if I can finish it cause of the ending)
  • The Witcher 2
  • GTA V
  • Batman AC
  • AC IV Black Flag
  • Deadlight
  • State of Decay
  • Fallout NV
  • Skyrim (only the expansions)
  • Shadow Warrior
  • PoE
  • Valdis Story
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Mars War Logs
  • Pokemon X

Those are the ones I can think of

#15 Posted by RadioGooGoo (204 posts) -

Pretty big

still need to finish

• Mass Effect 3 (don't know if I can finish it cause of the ending)

Finish the ending, then watch the the "X" theory documentary. I'm not going to say what X stands for in case you haven't played it long. The ending is perfectly understandable, and actually quite good, if you put it in that context.

I don't have any games in the backlog. I mostly just like RPG's and there are maybe 2-3 RPG's of the quality I'm looking for that come out every year. This year actually seems like a big one for RPG's, so there could be more, but for the most part I'm still playing Dark Souls waiting for the March/April releases.

#16 Posted by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

Too big that if i were to play every game, the PS5 will be coming out.

So i'll just play the 10 crucial ones such as Mass Effect 1-3 and Batman.

#17 Posted by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

I usually play the games I purchase as soon as I lay my hands on them. Worst case of a backlog was some days ago when I wanted to finish Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, The Witcher 2 and the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC.

Now I'm done with Sleeping Dogs and have already started playing The WItcher 2.

#18 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

I've got The Witcher 2 and Bulletstorm untouched. Still haven't beat Gears of War 3 (quit after ....you know) and Arkham Origins. Trying to max out my chars in Borderlands 2 and i want to revisit Diablo III for consoles when I get some people to play with. Never had a backlog when i was younger. I just got a game played the crap out of it then I got another. Then of course when you get older you have to get a job, go to school, maintain relationships etc...life pretty much. I still buy games like I used too but just not near enough time for all of them.

#19 Edited by Randolph (10452 posts) -

Big. I have over 150 digital titles on PS3 alone. (and none of those are Plus games!) New gen is off to a better more paced start, but I have no doubt that since I AM downloading Plus games now, and still like the discounts that program brings on other digital games, that I'll be back where I am with PS3 in no time flat. One of these days, I'm going to beat Okami HD.

#20 Posted by sukraj (22089 posts) -

I've only got a few games in my collection so I'm good to go.

#21 Edited by RicanV (114 posts) -

Even after starting this thread I went ahead and bought Torchlight 2 on Steam. Is there some sort of intervention program I can attend? :p

On a side note: I am really enjoying Torchlight 2. Plenty of people have compared it to what Diablo 3 should have been. I partially agree, there are gameplay mechanics I would have loved to have in D3. The stories, however, are drastically different and Diablo 3 should have been a bit more darker and the art should have reflected that. It felt like a mini game in Warcraft.

#22 Posted by iamllamapie (211 posts) -

Over 300...mostly from prior generations that I just haven't got around to doing. Should really start on Shenmue 2 at least

#23 Posted by ACP_45 (429 posts) -

Spec Ops The Line

Bioshock 2

Fallout 3

That’s basically it.

:)

I’m happy.

#24 Posted by touchscreenpad (220 posts) -

Yeah, sometimes when I look at my own game library I go "Whoa...I got a lot of games..."
Of course compared to others it's not a lot but it's a lot to me.

#25 Edited by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

My backlog is huge. I have at least a dozen games on 360, and on Xbox One I have DR3, AC4 and NFS all unfinished. It does feel overwhelming not knowing where to start and sometimes I just don't play a game instead of picking one and starting.

#26 Edited by juboner (396 posts) -

Maybe it would be a good time to stop buying more and more games with so many to play!!!

#27 Posted by pupp3t_mast3r (141 posts) -

Man this thread just makes me feel guilty >< I've lost count of the number of games I should play and finish! This is why we should be allowed only 3 day work weeks....

#28 Posted by doubalfa (6808 posts) -

I had like 30 games on my backlog, then I stopped getting new games like 2 months ago and now I only have around 10 to go.

#29 Edited by T3MPLESMITH (17 posts) -

There are 100+ games in my library that I haven't touched. "Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"

#30 Edited by UnicrnDrpngs (13 posts) -

Man this thread just makes me feel guilty >< I've lost count of the number of games I should play and finish! This is why we should be allowed only 3 day work weeks....

exactly! Let's do it. i have +30 but consistently play 3 of them :( Once I get hooked to a game with great playability it gets hard to get around to the others, esp since there is such a thing as work and family :(

#31 Posted by CoquiNegro (173 posts) -

Horrible. Playstation plus recently has been too much and I can't seem to finish most games. Now my new semester begins, so it'll impossible to play until the summer. Let's not even talk about my steam backlog, 200+ games that I'll probablly never even touch.

#32 Posted by BranKetra (48109 posts) -

I have thirty-nine games which I have not beaten yet.

#33 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

I have over 20 games installed on my pc I still have to finish or start playing. Probably about half them are started in some way and I have to just get back into them. I have a few I bought a couple years ago and still havent even install yet...

I havent tried Dragon Age yet and i got it a couple years ago... hope I can get to it eventually.

In total I probably have 50 just like you to get through at some point. Theres been a lot of failure games lately so I will soon have time... i've wasted precious time playing overhyped games like Bioshock Infinite and crappy pile of console games, but learned my lesson and will avoid anything like them in the future making more time for getting to the current ones I have.

#34 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17130 posts) -

Started both The Witcher 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Also never finished GTA 5.

Been so damn distracted by Left 4 Dead 2 as of late. That game is just way too much fun!

#35 Edited by sukraj (22089 posts) -

dat a lot of games imo.

#36 Posted by BranKetra (48109 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@BranKetra said:

dat a lot of games imo.

That is a lot of games. I surprised myself.

#37 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

My backlog of games has gotten to the point where I have to prioritize the list. I am at the point in my life where I have come to terms with my inability to play them all.

#38 Edited by curiousarman (70 posts) -

Most of my backlog are those RPG games...

#39 Posted by Jimmy_Russell (543 posts) -

No. Lol, why would I buy a game unless I intend to play it for years and years? Seems like a waste of time and money to even bother collecting all the trash available today. I just picked up Dota 2 for free and spent about $1500 on virtual items for my backpack. Now I have hundreds of rare items that people drool over and wish they could afford.