What is your gaming backlog like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Anyone else get that overwhelming feeling when they look at their library?

I probably have over 50+ titles untouched right now. This is a combination of physical titles and digital titles that I received free from PS+ and everytime I look at my collection I get a little.

How many titles are in your backlog and how are you all dealing with it?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I only have like 5 games I haven't played entirely, about another 5 I still want to revisit and do some things, and then another 8 I haven't purchased/rented yet that I plan to and are already out. In all, it's not too bad. The lists will grow once I have a PS4 and once I renew my PS+ and have more games from the Instant Games Collection I want to play. Basically, I tackle games one at a time. I can't focus on multiple games at once, so I'll finish through one game or find a good stopping point before moving on to the next.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Yup, having too much money and not enough time. First world problems.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4  Edited By pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

AC4-started a few missions. Taking a break from it, I really want to beat it before the DLC comes out.

Saints Row 4-actually beat it last night. Doing the challenges and finished the DLC last month before beating the main game.

AC3-same as AC4. Haven't gotten far into it.

GTA5-haven't beat it as I was busy with Saints Row 4.

Bioshock Infinite-made it to the last boss. Just need to beat him to start the DLC.

WWE 2K14-have to do Wrestlemania mode and beat the Streak and defend the Streak plus online trophies.

Batman Origins-played a little bit of it. Have to get back into it.

Those are the only games I want to beat in my backlog for now. Have a few more like Borderlands 1/2, DmC, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon but those can wait until I done with the above games.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

About 12 games.

9 or 10 of which are unplayed PS+ games including MGR, Saints Row 3, Borderlands 2, DmC, GTA: Liberty City Stories & Soul Sacrifice.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4231 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

I only have like 5 games I haven't played entirely, about another 5 I still want to revisit and do some things, and then another 8 I haven't purchased/rented yet that I plan to and are already out. In all, it's not too bad. The lists will grow once I have a PS4 and once I renew my PS+ and have more games from the Instant Games Collection I want to play. Basically, I tackle games one at a time. I can't focus on multiple games at once, so I'll finish through one game or find a good stopping point before moving on to the next.

Pretty much this. I got 5 or maybe 6 I have to go through. I feel like part of the problem is is not enough time/concentrating on finishing one game at a time.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RicanV  Moderator

@outworld222:

@outworld222 said:

@SoNin360 said:

Pretty much this. I got 5 or maybe 6 I have to go through. I feel like part of the problem is is not enough time/concentrating on finishing one game at a time.

I have a similar playstyle as Sonin. I enjoy exploring all the nooks and crannies of a game so I will often have 1 game I am concentrating on and a side game like CoD just for quick matches with friends.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Ps3: Gran turismo 6, Fallout New Vegas DLC, Grid 2, Devil may cry 4, The Saboteur, Yakuza 3, Chronicles of Riddick, Borderlands 2, Dragon age, God of war 3.

Plus I plan on buying a few other games that I missed on.

Ps4: AC Black flag, NFS Rivals, Cod Ghosts

Its not too bad, I really put an effort on beating games about 2-3 months prior the ps4 launch so I wouldn't be too overwhelmed.

Ps plus keeps giving me good games

Mrod1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Mrod1212
Member since 2009 • 1165 Posts

I plan on revisiting a couple of titles later on.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Quite a few games to play and most of them are lengthy rpgs(in the middle of a ff marathon)

Not to mention the stuff i got from the steam sales and ps+.

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

i have to finish the borderlands dlc, battman arkham city dlc, and all of the walking dead.

HowlPendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 HowlPendragon
Member since 2013 • 35 Posts

About 100 games on Steam, half of which I just can't play due to the fact that I only have this i5 laptop.

And about 35 PS3 titles. About 15 of which are from PS Plus

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#13 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Going to try and knock out most of these this year.

PS3:

Demon`s Souls, Bayonetta, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Force Unleashed II, Dead Island, Blops, Blops II, Assault on Dark Athena, MGS 1-3, Raymay Legends, Star Trek, Farcry 2, Farcry 3, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Lair, Conan, Wet, The Saboteur, Dark Sector, L.A. Noire, RDR, F.E.A.R.2, Condemned 2, Resistance 2, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Enslaved, Heavenly Sword, ACIII, ACIV, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands, Dishonored, DMC, GTAIV EfLC, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, MGR: Revengeance, Sly 4, RE6, Sleeping Dogs, BF3, Fallout 3, TLoU, GoWIII, InFamous, InFamous 2, GTAV, LBP, Ni No Kuni, Beyond:TS, Metro Last Light.

360:

Gears 2, Gears 3, Alan Wake, AC, Mass Effect, Stranglehold, Crackdown, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero

Wii:

Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 2, Other M, No More Heroes.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Pretty big

still need to finish

• Mass Effect 3 (don't know if I can finish it cause of the ending)
  • The Witcher 2
  • GTA V
  • Batman AC
  • AC IV Black Flag
  • Deadlight
  • State of Decay
  • Fallout NV
  • Skyrim (only the expansions)
  • Shadow Warrior
  • PoE
  • Valdis Story
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Mars War Logs
  • Pokemon X

Those are the ones I can think of

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

Pretty big

still need to finish

• Mass Effect 3 (don't know if I can finish it cause of the ending)

Finish the ending, then watch the the "X" theory documentary. I'm not going to say what X stands for in case you haven't played it long. The ending is perfectly understandable, and actually quite good, if you put it in that context.

I don't have any games in the backlog. I mostly just like RPG's and there are maybe 2-3 RPG's of the quality I'm looking for that come out every year. This year actually seems like a big one for RPG's, so there could be more, but for the most part I'm still playing Dark Souls waiting for the March/April releases.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Too big that if i were to play every game, the PS5 will be coming out.

So i'll just play the 10 crucial ones such as Mass Effect 1-3 and Batman.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I usually play the games I purchase as soon as I lay my hands on them. Worst case of a backlog was some days ago when I wanted to finish Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, The Witcher 2 and the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC.

Now I'm done with Sleeping Dogs and have already started playing The WItcher 2.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I've got The Witcher 2 and Bulletstorm untouched. Still haven't beat Gears of War 3 (quit after ....you know) and Arkham Origins. Trying to max out my chars in Borderlands 2 and i want to revisit Diablo III for consoles when I get some people to play with. Never had a backlog when i was younger. I just got a game played the crap out of it then I got another. Then of course when you get older you have to get a job, go to school, maintain relationships etc...life pretty much. I still buy games like I used too but just not near enough time for all of them.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Big. I have over 150 digital titles on PS3 alone. (and none of those are Plus games!) New gen is off to a better more paced start, but I have no doubt that since I AM downloading Plus games now, and still like the discounts that program brings on other digital games, that I'll be back where I am with PS3 in no time flat. One of these days, I'm going to beat Okami HD.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I've only got a few games in my collection so I'm good to go.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RicanV  Moderator

Even after starting this thread I went ahead and bought Torchlight 2 on Steam. Is there some sort of intervention program I can attend? :p

On a side note: I am really enjoying Torchlight 2. Plenty of people have compared it to what Diablo 3 should have been. I partially agree, there are gameplay mechanics I would have loved to have in D3. The stories, however, are drastically different and Diablo 3 should have been a bit more darker and the art should have reflected that. It felt like a mini game in Warcraft.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

Over 300...mostly from prior generations that I just haven't got around to doing. Should really start on Shenmue 2 at least

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

Spec Ops The Line

Bioshock 2

Fallout 3

That’s basically it.

:)

I’m happy.

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

Yeah, sometimes when I look at my own game library I go "Whoa...I got a lot of games..."
Of course compared to others it's not a lot but it's a lot to me.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#25  Edited By immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

My backlog is huge. I have at least a dozen games on 360, and on Xbox One I have DR3, AC4 and NFS all unfinished. It does feel overwhelming not knowing where to start and sometimes I just don't play a game instead of picking one and starting.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Maybe it would be a good time to stop buying more and more games with so many to play!!!

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

Man this thread just makes me feel guilty >< I've lost count of the number of games I should play and finish! This is why we should be allowed only 3 day work weeks....

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#28 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I had like 30 games on my backlog, then I stopped getting new games like 2 months ago and now I only have around 10 to go.

T3MPLESMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By T3MPLESMITH
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

There are 100+ games in my library that I haven't touched. "Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"

UnicrnDrpngs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By UnicrnDrpngs
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

Man this thread just makes me feel guilty >< I've lost count of the number of games I should play and finish! This is why we should be allowed only 3 day work weeks....

exactly! Let's do it. i have +30 but consistently play 3 of them :( Once I get hooked to a game with great playability it gets hard to get around to the others, esp since there is such a thing as work and family :(

CoquiNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CoquiNegro
Member since 2013 • 171 Posts

Horrible. Playstation plus recently has been too much and I can't seem to finish most games. Now my new semester begins, so it'll impossible to play until the summer. Let's not even talk about my steam backlog, 200+ games that I'll probablly never even touch.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#32 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I have thirty-nine games which I have not beaten yet.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

I have over 20 games installed on my pc I still have to finish or start playing. Probably about half them are started in some way and I have to just get back into them. I have a few I bought a couple years ago and still havent even install yet...

I havent tried Dragon Age yet and i got it a couple years ago... hope I can get to it eventually.

In total I probably have 50 just like you to get through at some point. Theres been a lot of failure games lately so I will soon have time... i've wasted precious time playing overhyped games like Bioshock Infinite and crappy pile of console games, but learned my lesson and will avoid anything like them in the future making more time for getting to the current ones I have.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Started both The Witcher 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Also never finished GTA 5.

Been so damn distracted by Left 4 Dead 2 as of late. That game is just way too much fun!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BranKetra said:

dat a lot of games imo.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@sukraj said:

@BranKetra said:

dat a lot of games imo.

That is a lot of games. I surprised myself.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

My backlog of games has gotten to the point where I have to prioritize the list. I am at the point in my life where I have come to terms with my inability to play them all.

curiousarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38  Edited By curiousarman
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts

Most of my backlog are those RPG games...