What is the cheapest next-gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xenobladehype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xenobladehype
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello there. I have a Wii U, and I am content with it. I love MK8 more than Driveclub or Forza, but I won't deny it. PS4/ Xbox One games like FF XV are looking GREAT. I probably won't get a gaming PC, with the price and tediousness. So, I'll get a console and leave business to my laptop.

I can deal with 300 on both systems. But do I need to pay for PS online? I hate PS4 and Xbox One, I just want multiplats. I want a cheap system that runs my games well without demanding me for money. So, to just sit next to my Wii U, what's better: Xbox One or PS4? I just want games, with Free access to the store.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

At this point subscriptions is just to play online.....

You do get discounts if you subscribe but you can't choose which games are getting the discounts... they change everyweek...

If you're very accurate and precise about what you like and what interests you like me then you can forget about random discounts.....

You might want it for online multiplayer though.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

At this point subscriptions is just to play online.....

You do get discounts if you subscribe but you can't choose which games are getting the discounts... they change everyweek...

If you're very accurate and precise about what you like and what interests you like me then you can forget about random discounts.....

You might want it for online multiplayer though.

Subscriptions are just to play online? So nevermind the Instant Games Collection (PS+) and Games With Gold or whatever the one for Xbox is called? I mean, you may as well try to take interest in at least some of the games that pop up on their respective services. "Subscriptions are just to play online" would have been accurate to say back when it was just XBL requiring a membership to play online with no other bonuses.

Anyway, I don't know what to suggest. You say you want a PS4/Xbox One for multiplats, which baffles me. If that's the case, then it doesn't really matter which one you get.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoNin360

Well I guess your main question is "which one is cheaper", in which case it's the same price for each console by themselves. But there's bundles out there like the PS4 with a game for $400. But I'm seeing the Assassin's Creed bundle with the Xbox One (without Kinect) for $350. So that's technically cheaper. But you say you're wanting to spend $300 in which case you'll have to buy one used somewhere.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu

@SoNin360:

So pay everymonth for 2 free random games which aren't really free......

You may find this hard to believe but its not for everyone.

Its a pretty clever idea but its not as big a deal as everybody makes it out to be..... unless you have no particular preferences and are already paying the fee to play online then yeah its a bonus to them..... they might even call it free... its close enough.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I think $350 is the cheapest price right now which is the Xbox One.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoNin360

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@SoNin360:

So pay everymonth for 2 free random games which aren't really free......

You may find this hard to believe but its not for everyone.

Its a pretty clever idea but its not as big a deal as everybody makes it out to be..... unless you have no particular preferences and are already paying the fee to play online then yeah its a bonus to them..... they might even call it free... its close enough.

I'm just saying it's a big part of the service worth mentioning if you're recommending it to someone or not. Of course it's not for everybody. But it's still 2 games every month (assuming you just own one of the systems) that generally are each going to retail at about $15 or so. Even if you only find one game that interests you every 2-3 months, you're getting your money's worth on that part of the service alone.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

@SoNin360:

Fair Enough.... but I'll only concede your point for the PS Plus.... Gold Membership on the other hand can burn in hell.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

You don't just pay to get a couple of "free" games or to play on-line, you pay also, in the case of XBL for access to the multimedia features the console has to offer ( like movies and TV series on Crackle which are free ) .