What is the best Elder Scrolls game so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
With me, its between Oblivion and Skyrim........ the only reason Oblivion could lose my vote is because of the crappy Oblivion Gates...........
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I haven't played the first two, but out of three through five I'll go with Morrowind.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#3 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Never played the original, but of the rest, Morrowind is my favorite. Daggerfall is an easy second.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts
I'd probably go with Morrowind. Daggerfall may have been brilliant, but Morrowind struck the best balance between depth and playability (with the later games sorely lacking in depth, and the earlier games lacking in accessibility).
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

its basically a 60/40 split tc. those who dont rate morrowind will swear by the godly titan of rpg that is daggerfall.

me personnally having played both (no x-packs) need to give it to morrowind but thats only because morrowind is less busted

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts
I'd go with Skyrim myself.
10finalfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 10finalfantasy
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

definitely morrowwind, i will never forget Jumping across the entire map in one leap with soul trap glitch, and beating the final boss by merely Levitating above him and shooting him to death. The environment of Morrowind would definitely surpass Skyrim if it was crafted in the same engine. Got to own an entire compound back then and craft spells that could literally set and entire dungeon aflame with a single cast. And to top it all off Bloodmoon was a great expansion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Skyrim, no question about it whatsoever.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Morrowind for sure.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

oblivion with morrwind a close second.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
What was cool about skyrim, was that via a MOD on the PC version or via a cheat code on the console version, you can access Skyrims neighboring provinces of Morrowind and Cyrodiil. So awesome.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Skyrim, no question about it whatsoever.ShadowsDemon
someone needs to grasp morrowind skyrim is only slightly less turdy than oblivion.

TES prides itself on sheer physical size and scale and making you think every inch is bloody alive.

oblivion had neither. skyrim made you think the world was alive. morrowind and daggerfall do both

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Skyrim

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Morrowind and the expansions.

I'm even going to say:

Bloodmoon > Skyrim

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Daggerfall was huge..Ah the hours i sucked into that game an morrowind was just mind blowing..Going from the first 3d game to morrowind was night and day..That enhanced version 3.0 gives one hope to go back to it..Im just hopeful in the future they can make combat less boring..Oblivion was a step in the right dir..Still needs more work..Thats what kingdom of amalur did so well..Its combat was fun actually.Maybe the next game elder scrolls they can advance combat...Right now thats the only thing wrong with elder scrolls games..

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

morrowind for lore/story/setting, skyrim for combat and less obnoxious skill sets

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I choose Oblivion only because of the problems with Skyrim. Skyrim played better when it first came out then it does now with all the patches, at least in my experiance it did. And I never had any problems at all with Oblivion.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
I've only ever played Skyrim.
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
I broke it down like this Morrowind (which had my vote) had a great story, good gameplay, but some of the side quests were redundant (I swear the three greaat houses had the same quests/quest structure) Oblivion had better guilds then the other games and had some tough enemies to fight. Sjyrim looked the nicest and has the best gameplay but guilds weren't as strong as oblivions. Daggerfall was really big but other then that was a rediculously hard and broken dungeon crawler. Now I don't mind games being hard to win but sending a level 2 to fight enemies which can only be damaged by enchanted weapons is cheap. Only elder scrolls game I couldn't get into. Never played Arena, red guard, battlespire, etc So I can't really judge them.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
definitely Morrowind. I did love Daggerfall though.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Oblivion followed by Morrowind for me.. i havent even finished Skyrim, it just hasnt pulled me in like the others

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Daggerfall sweeps Morrowind off first place because of Morrowind's terrible combat, tiny dungeons, and lack of mounts. Also the main quest story in Daggerfall is better.

Skyrim is down there. Like,all the way down there. Can't even see it, it's so far. I think Oblivion's down there with it.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#23 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Skyrim is one of the most well-designed open world games to date, so I´ll go with that.

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

So, far only tried skyrim among the elder scroll games whcih got boring pretty quick after leveing one character

Michformer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Michformer
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts

Oblivion, hands down. The atmosphere was amazing, the world was expansive and colorful, the feeling of adventure was palpable and the experience felt much more enthralling. Skyrim lacked the magic that made Oblivion so special and the other three TES games are too archaic for me.

ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts
Morrowind is by far my favorite one, it was also my first rpg and the game i've played the most. Triple the adventure of Skyrim and you might get close to Morrowind.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Morrowind no contest
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#28 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I shouldn't answer because I've only played Skyrim, but it's an awesome game. I haven't bothered going back to the older games because they don't look like they've aged so well. It's too bad I didn't get into it any sooner, but Skyrim seemed like a good place to start nonetheless.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i've only played iii, iv, and v.

morrowind was good, but not my favorite. i like how the levitation spell made a lot of missions unpredictable, but i wish there were more abilities with that kind of game changing power. the combat felt too dice roll-y for what bethesda was going for. also, the music wasn't implemented well. that main morrowind theme was scored to everything, from mushroom forests to dark crypts with ghosts whispering. plus it was so overt with its hooks that i didn't like it for ambient use.

oblivion got rid of the dice rolls, but the level scaling got weird with too many npc's running around with armor that is supposed to be rare. i'm not the biggest fan of that world either. it was supposed to be this bustling hub of the empire but the cities all felt like a few small homes leaning together. it was also built too much on contrast that it couldn't sustain, like the oblivion gates in idyllic forests.

skyrim is my favorite with a leaner design and my favorite world of the bunch. skyrim is billed as a backwoods part of tamriel and it delivers there. plus i like how the theme of violence in nordic culture gets played out.