What happened to Skate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

No one talks about it anymore, when it used to be pretty popular and talked about. I actually enjoyed what I played of 1 and 2 and am surprised I never bought any of them, since I like SNowboarding and Skateboarding games and it is just fun to mess around in Skate.

#2 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
I wonder as well. Skate 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I probably put more time into it than any game I have ever played. However I didn't enjoy S3 nearly as much. I've been waiting for a Skate 4 with improved graphics for years. :( Please give it to us, EA!
#3 Posted by jsmoke03 (12872 posts) -

ea dissolved blackbox studio so skate 3 is the last release you will see from them unless another development studio takes the task on.

personally i think they released it too soon from each oter. skate 1 was awesome and mind blowing. skate 2 did good in refining the genre but the city didn't feel fresh anymore....skate 3 was meh

#4 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

ea dissolved blackbox studio so skate 3 is the last release you will see from them unless another development studio takes the task on.

personally i think they released it too soon from each oter. skate 1 was awesome and mind blowing. skate 2 did good in refining the genre but the city didn't feel fresh anymore....skate 3 was meh

jsmoke03

Agreed, and I didn't realize that about blackbox. That is too bad. I hope we so more Skate and even moreso, more SSX. I loved the new one but it did have some issues (pros outweighed the cons bigtime though).

#5 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -
Skate 2 was good, Skate 3 was rubbish. I still have it on my shelf untouched since release now.
#6 Posted by Matthew-first (3012 posts) -

Skate 2 was good, Skate 3 was rubbish. I still have it on my shelf untouched since release now.ShadowsDemon

people moan a lot...
I like skate for what it is and I enjoy all of them.

Sold 2 to get 3.
I see lots LOTS of people playing it...

Getting onto server with someone is like instant. :)

#7 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Skate 2 was good, Skate 3 was rubbish. I still have it on my shelf untouched since release now.Matthew-first

people moan a lot...

Sold 2 to get 3.

Really? I couldn't find anyone.
#8 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
Skate 3 was awesome I thought. Freeskating in the city and not having to worry about those annoying security guards and rail blockers was great. I'd love to see a 4th. Maybe next gen?
#9 Posted by jsmoke03 (12872 posts) -
Skate 3 was awesome I thought. Freeskating in the city and not having to worry about those annoying security guards and rail blockers was great. I'd love to see a 4th. Maybe next gen?MonoSilver
if it is, it isn't going to be made by blackbox
#10 Posted by Matthew-first (3012 posts) -

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Skate 2 was good, Skate 3 was rubbish. I still have it on my shelf untouched since release now.ShadowsDemon

people moan a lot...

Sold 2 to get 3.

Can't be :)
I'm playing with lots of people everyday.

Must be your internet connection or NAT settings.

#11 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

people moan a lot...

Sold 2 to get 3.

Matthew-first

Can't be :)
I'm playing with lots of people everyday.

Must be your internet connection or NAT settings.

Different consoles? That could be it.