what happened if you bought SW:TOR

This topic is locked from further discussion.

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 msfan1289
Member since 2011 • 1044 Posts

So i was wondering, (sorry if this was posted before) what happened to the people that bought Star Wars: The Old Republic and paid the full price for it?

Avatar image for ShadowNemisis21
ShadowNemisis21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShadowNemisis21
Member since 2012 • 144 Posts

So i was wondering, (sorry if this was posted before) what happened to the people that bought Star Wars: The Old Republic and paid the full price for it?

msfan1289
You keep everything and you get more privleges then F2P players.
msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 msfan1289

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

ShadowNemisis21

You keep everything and you get more privleges then F2P players.

but are you part of the subscribe "VIP" if you bought the game?

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

No, least not that I know of. I got it when it first came out and haven't played since it went f2p lol.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

you go to premium status, which is barely better than a free account

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
you get some extra cartel points
msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 msfan1289

so in the end of the day, will you guy say the people who bought the game full price got screwed by EA?

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 driftingsilvia

Nope. You still have the choice to not pay monthly anymore. That's like asking if you think you got screwed when price drops on other things you've bought.

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 msfan1289

Nope. You still have the choice to not pay monthly anymore. That's like asking if you think you got screwed when price drops on other things you've bought.

driftingsilvia

ohhhh it was li

can you say before you had a full game before they made teh change? but now they are charging you monthly fee for that full game you once had and paid full price for it?

*UPDATE* ohhh so it was like thr WoW thing is doing it when SWTOR came out, you pay for the game full price and pay monthly for it still

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

so in the end of the day, will you guy say the people who bought the game full price got screwed by EA?

msfan1289

they were the ones who got to enjoy the game in its golden months, me being one of them. It's only spiraling down into its death right now

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Maaan, people STILL play outdated Online Games where Guild Wars 2 is out now for a few months already? ^^

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
But Guild Wars has no lightsabers :P
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

But Guild Wars has no lightsabers :Pdarkman006

Who needs a Lightsabre when you can color any armor piece in any color you want? BE THE LIGHTSABER YOURSELF! xD

MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MasterBrief
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

so it's kind of like what they did with LOTRO when it went free? I don't understand why any games come out with a sub anymore honestly DDO set in motion change that will not stop.

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 msfan1289

so it's kind of like what they did with LOTRO when it went free? I don't understand why any games come out with a sub anymore honestly DDO set in motion change that will not stop.

MasterBrief

well i agree. people say they " you get more for the money", "you are support the dev team" " its worth the money" "i dont mind at all" the problem i see is if a lot more games go free to play and have to pay a monthly fee to get a better game experience you will end up paying twice as more or pay endless more then just paying full pop for it.

if people sign up for a sub for one game its give or take $14.99 a month right? and now you have games like SWTOR, and World of Tanks and both are $14.99 each a month and you like WoW which is 14.99, thats 44.97 a month for all 3 games, times that by 12 months for a year thats $539.64 a year and split that into 3 games, thats 179.88 you just spend a year for each game, and if more games go the free to play moto, and have the sub a month, add an other $179.88 on top of what you have now, and on top of that add the extra money you spend to buy things like items and what not, then i dont see a reason to play a game like that.

i think all have should chrage $5 a month for the highest sub account you can get.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 driftingsilvia

[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

msfan1289

ohhhh it was li

can you say before you had a full game before they made teh change? but now they are charging you monthly fee for that full game you once had and paid full price for it?

*UPDATE* ohhh so it was like thr WoW thing is doing it when SWTOR came out, you pay for the game full price and pay monthly for it still

You have the option to pay monthly yes, but you don't have to. I still don't see it as being ripped off or even angry. Price changes on everything, doesn't matter if it's a game, a system, a car, etc. You still have to pay to buy the game itself, you just have the option to not pay for a subscription.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 driftingsilvia

[QUOTE="MasterBrief"]

msfan1289

well i agree. people say they " you get more for the money", "you are support the dev team" " its worth the money" "i dont mind at all" the problem i see is if a lot more games go free to play and have to pay a monthly fee to get a better game experience you will end up paying twice as more or pay endless more then just paying full pop for it.

if people sign up for a sub for one game its give or take $14.99 a month right? and now you have games like SWTOR, and World of Tanks and both are $14.99 each a month and you like WoW which is 14.99, thats 44.97 a month for all 3 games, times that by 12 months for a year thats $539.64 a year and split that into 3 games, thats 179.88 you just spend a year for each game, and if more games go the free to play moto, and have the sub a month, add an other $179.88 on top of what you have now, and on top of that add the extra money you spend to buy things like items and what not, then i dont see a reason to play a game like that.

i think all have should chrage $5 a month for the highest sub account you can get.

You make the choice to have a subscription. More often than not, when a game goes f2p, the quality diminishes a lot. I don't like the fee for Warcraft, but it's fair for everything you get, and you can always just quit when you don't want to pay for it.
msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 msfan1289

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

[QUOTE="MasterBrief"]

driftingsilvia

You make the choice to have a subscription. More often than not, when a game goes f2p, the quality diminishes a lot. I don't like the fee for Warcraft, but it's fair for everything you get, and you can always just quit when you don't want to pay for it.

i know you can just quit, but what im saying if more games goes with this kind of service. then we the market will be flooded with this kind of stuff, and we will have to sign up and cancel for games that we want to play and dont want to pay, and keep track of the game we want to play and make sure we have enough money in the account to pay for the service, other wise we might over draft eh accounts, or get charge for a game we do want, but then you say "maybe ill play this game for this month only" and forget and then you are charged, and in the end of the day you should have just made it a one whole and pay $60 for. xD

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 driftingsilvia

Or, you could use time cards.