What games would you like to see remakes of

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

What games would you like to see modern day remakes of and why? These can be old games that were maybe 2D side scrollers, like what happened with Prince of persia or maybe an unsung hero of the past that you feel was under rated.

I'll add some as I think of more. Off the top of my head.

Road Rash - I know there has been many versions of this but I only played 1 and 2 on the mega drive. I'd love to see a modern day version of this on say the 360. I'm thinking moto gp but on roads with baseball bats! The game would have to remain true to the classic. So no over the top story line, just simple, illegal motor bike racing for money. Cool crazy runs on twisting roads, avoiding the police and having high speed fights with other bikers.

Body harvest (N64) - You may not have ever heard of it or played it. It was a bit like an early GTA but with monsters that like to harvest humans. It was very open ended and ran around cities and other locations driving vehicles of your choice (or what was at hand) taking on these aliens. The game had great potential but was a bit floored and glitchy.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
there definitely needs to be a remake or some related game to "Legend of the Dragoon" that game was to good and it had a awesome storyline
Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pegasus_Shade
Member since 2005 • 897 Posts
if you wanna play modern day road rash mate, go for jacked :) very funny game - especially when you 'jack' another guy's bike in the middle of a race
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Final Fantasy 6. On the DS. Am I the only one who wants this?

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 angryfodder

if you wanna play modern day road rash mate, go for jacked :) very funny game - especially when you 'jack' another guy's bike in the middle of a racePegasus_Shade

never even heard of it? Will look it up, cheers buddy

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pegasus_Shade

[QUOTE="Pegasus_Shade"]if you wanna play modern day road rash mate, go for jacked :) very funny game - especially when you 'jack' another guy's bike in the middle of a raceangryfodder

never even heard of it? Will look it up, cheers buddy

lol no problem... just warning though it isnt very good - if anything see if you can pick it up for a bargain
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
I'd love to see a remake of Mike Singleton's Midwinter. SSI's Dragonstrike would look so cool with next-gen effects as well.
Avatar image for 217204017105542512469215635720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 217204017105542512469215635720
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

Ho jeez. Let's see. I'd love to see a remake (or even a port) of Super Mario RPG. What else? *coughffvii&viiicough* Did I say that? My bad. I think legend of dragoon would be cool.

All the old games I used to like are already getting remakes or they already have them.

gaa0c85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 gaa0c85
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
FFVII simply the best
Plaguester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Plaguester
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

I would love to see a remake of Descent come out for the Wii. Actually, any 6DoF* game for any platform would be great. But I think that the Wii would work best with the somewhat complicated control schemes that these games tend to have.

* 6DoF = 6 degrees of freedom

fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts

Only one.

Final Fantasy VII.

Mikeroefone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mikeroefone
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I know it's pretty recent...ish, but I would love to see a new Crazy Taxi for 360 or PS3 or Wii. I think it could be pretty nuts if it were on one of these systems.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
Goldeneye :)
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 angryfodder

Goldeneye :)immortality20

I thought about this game, but decided that any attempt to remake this classic would fail

Blackification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackification
Member since 2006 • 1275 Posts
Vigilante 8. Or a Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks sequel.
LqdSnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LqdSnk
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts

Video_Game_King

No, I'd like to see it happen too. My favourite RPG of all time.

Also I'd like to see a remake of Actraiser.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Video_Game_King

You're not the only one. Chances are FF6 will happen because FFIV will sell into the millions. But first, FFV must come first before the most-wanted, FF6.

dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts

KOTOR II needs to be remade/finished badly.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Legends of Dragoon

Metal Gear Solid (ps1)

A Metroide game that isnt in FPS

Resident Evil 2 and CV (hell if they just redid the graphics I'll be happy)

Golden Axe

Final Fantasy 6

Fire emblem games to consoles not crappy hand helds

LqdSnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LqdSnk
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts

Legends of Dragoon

Metal Gear Solid (ps1)

Resident Evil 2 and CV (hell if they just redid the graphics I'll be happy)

Golden Axe

Final Fantasy 6

Fire emblem games to consoles not crappy hand helds

Ballroompirate

I thought Twin Snakes for the GC was a pretty good remake.

ROTO_DQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ROTO_DQ
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
most great old games had beenremade
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Pokemon Gold/Silver. Actually nevermind; I love those games the way they are.

Hmm... a remake of Morrowind with Oblivion's graphics engine (but keeping everything else, including the art style, the same).

smadiso1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 smadiso1
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
Mutant League football or any sport franchise for that matter. I was surprised EA never tried a remake of this addictive line of sports insanity during the highlife of the PS1. Has any footbal fan ever NOT wanted to rip the head off the ref for a bad call?! :twisted: It's been nearly 14 years since it's release; this game is WAY past due for a rebirth.
K1LL3R_J4Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 K1LL3R_J4Y

I would like to see golden axe remade for one of the next gen consoles

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
The mention of Body Harvest would be great. Besides that, i'd like to see the first two Shenmue games done well again on a console which allows them for more scope (obviously, with a third).
strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts
Skies of Arcadia. although it already had a remake, they should do it again:P
Ranger_ISO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ranger_ISO
For me it would be Wing Commander:Privater , Mainac Mansion, and X-Com UFO defense.
Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
Definitely the original Silent Hill....this game had everything going for it...Story, atmosphere, creepyness, puzzles, etc........the only weak point of the original were the graphics....I think a next gen remake of the original Silent Hill, like how they remade the original RE, would really be awesome.
Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

Metal Gear Solid (ps1)

Ballroompirate

They did remake MGS.....it was Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GC.

They also remade the original Metroid as a platformer...it was called Metroid: Zero Mission for the GBA.

Felorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Felorn
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts

FFVII simply the bestgaa0c85

Surprised it took this long for someone to mention this game.

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pegasus_Shade
Am i the only one who thinks remaking these classics will take away from how good they are because 1 - the will suck or 2 - they still dont hold a candle to the original... Many people may not have experenieced these game and instead learn what they are about off a different version??? Im not saying they will all be bad but........... Anyway as someone said Descent would be awesome
Avatar image for desktopdefender
desktopdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 desktopdefender
Member since 2007 • 1415 Posts

Halo 1 with xbox live support and maybe some updated graphics

And Half life 1 though were getting that(black mesa source)

erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts

I don't want to see any games remade. I'd rather developers focus their time and money creating new games, instead of slapping new paint on old stuff.

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pegasus_Shade
Totally agree - I mean if the games are good enough for a remake does it really NEED a remake then??? New games ftw
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Resident Evil 2hey..dont shoot.... im human!
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts
Bad games need to be remade not good ones. Just like movies. (cough The Firm)
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Acid08
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts
FFVII x 100000000000000
brittoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 brittoss
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts
Well seeing as how destructable enviroments are becoming the norm then we need a game that can really show how a distructable environment in a game should be done. So Blast Corps from Rare is needed to show all the pretenders how to do it.
dzaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dzaric
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
Killzone 1, except make it good.
smadiso1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 smadiso1

Am i the only one who thinks remaking these classics will take away from how good they are because 1 - the will suck or 2 - they still don't hold a candle to the original... Many people may not have experienced these game and instead learn what they are about off a different version???I'm not saying they will all be bad but...........Pegasus_Shade

I honestly had never looked at remakes from this angle. And it's too bad some game developers don't either seeing as how a decent number of truly awful sequels and remakes have come out over the years for all platforms. Still, there are those shining gems out there that could really shine on a new system and have a total rebirth if done well. Case in point Starcraft2. How long were fans clamoring for a sequel that would use new technology? And just now Blizzard has made it come true. I doubt it's going to suck and can't imagine it not holding a candle to the original, but still it was something that HAD to be done simply because the fan base was there and Blizzard would lose out on TONS of money if they didn't at least try it. Would it be safe to say then that a game should at least be considered for a remake/sequel so long as 1. the fan base is so strong that it would be a crime to gamers every where if a remake wasn't at least attempted 2. if the original design team can't be brought in on the project than at least bring in people who were die hard fans of the game so as to preserve everything that made the original great and 3. make it a point to design the game as a tribute to loyal fans instead of just another way to earn tons of cash off a popular series/name. In the end, I want to see remakes of games that will continue the tradition and feel that made them what they are but take advantage of technology that could make them all the more enjoyable. If it's just going to be a cheap, butchered, half-assed take on an old idea, using more eye candy than innovative thought, and selling it more on the history of the name, they had better just leave the classics damn well alone! If I'm just a raving lunatic feel free to shoot back at me. It'd be nice to know if I need some "professional" help. ;)

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pegasus_Shade

[QUOTE="Pegasus_Shade"]Am i the only one who thinks remaking these classics will take away from how good they are because 1 - the will suck or 2 - they still don't hold a candle to the original... Many people may not have experienced these game and instead learn what they are about off a different version???I'm not saying they will all be bad but...........smadiso1

I honestly had never looked at remakes from this angle. And it's too bad some game developers don't either seeing as how a decent number of truly awful sequels and remakes have come out over the years for all platforms. Still, there are those shining gems out there that could really shine on a new system and have a total rebirth if done well. Case in point Starcraft2. How long were fans clamoring for a sequel that would use new technology? And just now Blizzard has made it come true. I doubt it's going to suck and can't imagine it not holding a candle to the original, but still it was something that HAD to be done simply because the fan base was there and Blizzard would lose out on TONS of money if they didn't at least try it. Would it be safe to say then that a game should at least be considered for a remake/sequel so long as 1. the fan base is so strong that it would be a crime to gamers every where if a remake wasn't at least attempted 2. if the original design team can't be brought in on the project than at least bring in people who were die hard fans of the game so as to preserve everything that made the original great and 3. make it a point to design the game as a tribute to loyal fans instead of just another way to earn tons of cash off a popular series/name. In the end, I want to see remakes of games that will continue the tradition and feel that made them what they are but take advantage of technology that could make them all the more enjoyable. If it's just going to be a cheap, butchered, half-assed take on an old idea, using more eye candy than innovative thought, and selling it more on the history of the name, they had better just leave the classics damn well alone! If I'm just a raving lunatic feel free to shoot back at me. It'd be nice to know if I need some "professional" help. ;)

Hmmm interesting.... Ive always believed that if a games good enough to warrant a lot of fans for a remake then it truly doesnt even need one (ie if it was THAT good to being with just stick with it, dont listen to the mass of new gamers who whine about it needing better graphics to be good [Which dont detract from gameplay truly])

Not saying all remakes are bad but I would prefer a new game (the Ninja Gaidens are great remakes)

Also, further in the post you tend to refer to sequels rather than an actual remake..... lol actually the whole second half of your pst reminded me greatly of a certain game that is being made atm by a company that is TOTALLY different to the original creators and are basically breaking all your rules (in my opinion of course - it could be a good game but just from what ive seen it isnt holding true to the originalS and I dont have high hopes for it)

The thing is, in my opinion either unfinished games need to be redone or old games with a lot of potential should be remade or as such - however most companies wont bet on such a thing as it may affect their monetary intake if the first was horrible and didnt sell. ahhh Van Buren you were too good to be true lol

And I agree on all the points btw... Only those who have experienced and truly loved the games should be able to affect future remakes/sequels.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#43 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I agree with remakes under one condition. That they add more on the original not take out much like what TRA did.
jak10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jak10
Member since 2006 • 22272 Posts
FF8
smadiso1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smadiso1

Also, further in the post you tend to refer to sequels rather than an actual remake.....

Pegasus_Shade

After I reread my post I noticed this too and I apologize emphatically for getting off topic with sequels instead of true remakes. Perhaps the mad cow disease is finally eating away at my brain. While the three things I suggested could apply to a sequel as well, I really would like to see companies apply it to their classic games for a potential remake. Spit shining, modernizing, however you want to phrase taking a classic and just making it look/sound/load/handle better needs to be the aim. If a game starts getting tweaked beyond this (engine, mechanics, story), it might as well be a sequel or be given a new name to market under because if a classic is changed past what gamers knew and loved that company might as well dig a grave right then and their because their days will be numbered.

Strathdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Strathdor
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
It would have to be Power Stone(Dreamcast). Seriously that game was very fun to play.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

What games would you like to see modern day remakes of and why? These can be old games that were maybe 2D side scrollers, like what happened with Prince of persia or maybe an unsung hero of the past that you feel was under rated.

I'll add some as I think of more. Off the top of my head.

Road Rash - I know there has been many versions of this but I only played 1 and 2 on the mega drive. I'd love to see a modern day version of this on say the 360. I'm thinking moto gp but on roads with baseball bats! The game would have to remain true to the classic. So no over the top story line, just simple, illegal motor bike racing for money. Cool crazy runs on twisting roads, avoiding the police and having high speed fights with other bikers.

Body harvest (N64) - You may not have ever heard of it or played it. It was a bit like an early GTA but with monsters that like to harvest humans. It was very open ended and ran around cities and other locations driving vehicles of your choice (or what was at hand) taking on these aliens. The game had great potential but was a bit floored and glitchy.

angryfodder

I never ever liked remakes, and I don't think I'm ever going to like them. That's unless someone comes around and makes a good remake of a game that doesn't ruin the atmosphere of the original game.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts

I'd buy a remade Metroid II.

Avatar image for overheat-europe
overheat-europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 overheat-europe
Member since 2003 • 57 Posts
I really like remakes actually as long as they stick to the story and don't go too overboard on new machanics. I'd like to see a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga :)
buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts

Resident Evil 2 and code veronica

Thanks for the remake of the original Tomb Raider