What do you wish they'd make a game about?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
What do you guys think is the most promising un-tapped theme for a good game?My vote goes to a civil war themed shooter. I know the history channel came out with a game, but it was a total crapfest.Ohh...and tricycle racing
fepepinar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fepepinar
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
What do you guys think is the most promising un-tapped theme for a good game?My vote goes to a civil war themed shooter. I know the history channel came out with a game, but it was a total crapfest.Ohh...and tricycle racingdgbiker1

Ha..funny that you say that, I remember seeing a review for a civil war game which was absolutely hilarious. Ah found it, the game is "ods and Generals". Look up the video review. :D

Anyway, I wish they made a game about..basically a videogame version of the movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. I find pirates and ships and them battling so appealing. D: I also wish there were more movies like that.

Earthwormjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Earthwormjam
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
i like samurai x online or even just RPG game that can be played on PC
noctilucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 noctilucus
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

First of all, business simulations in the vein of Capitalism II. It seems to be the only one out there and while it's fun and entertaining, there's plenty of room for improvements.

Secondly, a combination of Unreal Tournament with a large scale war with some tactical/strategic aspects in which you play a role. All those deathmatches are fine but they lack something like a broader storyline, some side aspects that provide diversity inbetween the shooting.

Thirdly, combinations of turn-based strategy with collectible card games. There are a few such games but I'd say there's much untapped market potential. Or something more simple like Chaos Overlords but with more flexibility (map size for example)

ChrisA2Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChrisA2Z
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
They made your second choice already mate, it was called planetside an online FPS virtual war by SOE it should have been great but it sucked because like most online games nobody understood the meaning of teamwork!
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

How about a JRPG based in the world of aviation and fantasy with a industrial, steam-punk like setting? Grandia III tried to have aviation themes but it really wasn't about planes but turned out to be another crystal-chasing generic game.

Anyway, a RPG like this would be cool, kind of like Last Exile meets Crimson Skies set in the world of Steamboy with Studio Ghibli producing it and Square-Enix developing it! :D

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
How about a strategy game based on natural disasters like volcanic eruptions, earthquakes etc, where you have to re-build cities etc, or try and prevent them from killing everyone? A-La Dante's Peak style game :)
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

How about a strategy game based on natural disasters like volcanic eruptions, earthquakes etc, where you have to re-build cities etc, or try and prevent them from killing everyone? A-La Dante's Peak style game :)KingKoop

Now that's not a bad idea, I'd give it a shot. What I'd like to see is a true from rags to riches story, where the player is a budding singer/actor and whatnot and tries to make it in the showbiz. This could be a diverse concept, from a management game, to a karaoke thing.