What do you want to see in Rise of the Tomb Raider?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

I'm at the last mission in the game and here is what I think they can improve in the next game.

I think the combat was excellent and it just needs some tweaks here and there and more enemy types. Also the setpiece moments were incredible. Add more of that and it's all good.

The tombs on the other hand were quite lacking imo and not as grand in scale as it was expected. Previous Tomb Raiders actually did better than these. The puzzles were also quite straightforward and easy.

Finally, a decent story. I actually think the Tomb Raider reboot was all about the experience and they totally forgot about the story which imo was really lame... The horror elements were awesome though. To this day I am still afraid of the Oni :s

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

More tombs, more survival elements like hunting, and more true puzzle solving. Keep the Uncharted style gameplay sequences, but don't use them as often. They got overwhelming and boring after a while.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3  Edited By amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Emphasize the actual tombs and puzzles. Drop the QTEs (they were ridiculously overused), better stealth mechanics, more weapons, crafting, etc.

Everything else mostly comes down to the narrative and characters.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I think tank controls would be more suited in game like this

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Get rid of the puzzles. A couple of them were too frustrating in the last game. Focus on the exploration and action.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

A main character who spends more time on her feet than she does falling. Also make the combat fit the dire situation that she is suppose to be in. The first game felt more like a run and gun action game then a survival game. I was not afraid to run right up to a enemy and shoot them in the face in part due to regenerating health. It was a stark contrast to The Last of Us which nailed atmosphere and gameplay.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@TheShadowLord07: No Never

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

The previous game was fantastic but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having larger tombs to explore.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Less Lara Croft Mortal Kombat edition

Less Lara the Butcher(es?)

Less kill everyone else who are basically just survivors like you in order to save your friends you selfish she-devil.

Less the heck you could have just save Mathias by saying that destroying that idol will ultimately save him too but you didn't just because you wanted to give birth to a survivor. Jerk.

Less feminism giving us men with brains of potatoes.

Less Lara's friend dies but she's totally cool about it.

Less sideboobs.

Less did she just take out a giant dude with an arrow? And I don't mean shooting that arrow using a bow. I go to gym three days a week and I can't do that!

Less at the end of the game Lara says I'm not finished yet. Then the "A survivor is born" pops up. Does that mean she murders the rest of her friends cause normally people in these kinds of situations use phrases like "oh boy! Glad that's over."

Less Tomb Raider more Jonathan Blow.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

More actual Tomb Raiding. Better actual story with characters who matter beyond existing just to die to make Lara the hardass that she eventually becomes. Fewer giant battle setpieces where Lara expresses remorse at killing as she guns down two dozen guys to get to the next area.

And finally a way to simulate hair that doesn't drop the framerate for anyone not running the latest gen cards.

-Byshop

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I would like a it to be very light on the story or actually have a good story. I would like to, I don't know...TOMB RAID vs kill everyone on sight. I really hated playing this game. The only fun I had was when I made it through the horribly written story, horribly written characters, horrible pacing and the detestable use of QTE which I think should die in hell and take every developer that implements it with it. After all of that trash was out of the way the fun of Tomb Raider finally made its way to the surface.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#13 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

The last game was pretty good, but yeah:

@Byshop said:

More actual Tomb Raiding.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

A main character who spends more time on her feet than she does falling. Also make the combat fit the dire situation that she is suppose to be in. The first game felt more like a run and gun action game then a survival game. I was not afraid to run right up to a enemy and shoot them in the face in part due to regenerating health. It was a stark contrast to The Last of Us which nailed atmosphere and gameplay.

Probably for the first half the game but the last half was traditional run and gun, kill everyone and then pretend to be a relatable human, much like the last Tomb raider game.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Probably for the first half the game but the last half was traditional run and gun, kill everyone and then pretend to be a relatable human, much like the last Tomb raider game.

The last half of the game wasn't extremely different. I'm not talking about the old 'narrative and gameplay don't mesh because the character wouldn't/shouldn't/couldn't kill all these people in real life without regret.' I'm talking about a much more subtle gameplay mechanic experience. In the Last of Us you didn't have regenerating health, so running up to enemies and shooting them in the face had much more devastating consequences than in Tomb Raider; this stuck with the game until the end. The Last of Us made me feel as if I survived a conflict; Tomb Raider never had this feeling. I was never stressed or worried in combat scenarios; I was bored in many of them. In a game about being stranded, hunted, and trying to survive the tone wasn't reflected in the gameplay.

Anyway to address your complaint, I would say The Last of Us' characters are more easily seen mowing down other humans than Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. I don't think that aspect of TLoU clashes with its narrative.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

More sneaking around and figuring out how to take out enemies. I quite enjoyed that, like shooting the walls to distract your enemies. I also want more exploring and puzzles.

Splatted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Splatted
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

Gameplay wise I'd like to see:

1. Actual platforming instead of the incredibly boring hold-down-the-climb-button-to-progress style gameplay that is so popular.
  2. Less focus on action and more on puzzles, platforming and exploration.
  3. Less gunning down hordes of enemies replaced with more personal small encounters, ideally with narrative significance.

Story wise I'd like an unobtrusive framing narrative that explains why Lara and others are where they are with most of the focus being on what you uncover exploring the ruins. Ideally it would be up to the player to uncover what actually happened there without having everything clearly explained simply as a by product of proceeding through the game.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

Yeah bring those puzzles back to the unsolvable TR3 days..

I like the atmosphere in the early TR games. There is something very dark about it that the new games lack, although the combat has been improved greatly. & I do miss those Uzis :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Bigger Boobs and Co-Op !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@pinkfinity

Co-op is like cocaine.... It ehances everything.... :) even Boobs come in pairs.... All good things do.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@pinkfinity

I played it alil bit, I stopped because my co-op partner left for school, I'm not touching it till he gets back....

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

wanna see her tits, just kidding :P