This topic is locked from further discussion.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
Well it kinda of looks like the old Madden curse is dead. Vince Young is still playing, granted it's not like his first year, but he's still throwing and still running around making plays. Normally by now the player that's on the cover of Madden is already out for the season.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Yeah I guess. Too bad he didn't get injured yet though.
jiggidyjiggidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jiggidyjiggidy
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts
so when is madden himself gonna hit the ... coffin?
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

so when is madden himself gonna hit the ... coffin?jiggidyjiggidy

He hasn't yet? :P Oh that's right, only his career did and the fact that nobody really listens to a word that comes out of his mouth. At least I would repeat anything he says about football, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

As far as the curse goes, it doesn't mean that they are doomed to death. Just that their career is usually seriously injured. Whether it be from physical injury, or just under performing from the norm. And so far, from what I've seen of Young this year, he has the curse.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
I agree that VY's playing hasn't been as good as it was in his first year,but a lot of that has to do with dropped balls and not his passing skills.
Shifty_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Shifty_Pete
Member since 2004 • 2678 Posts

so when is madden himself gonna hit the ... coffin?jiggidyjiggidy
Madden died years ago. EA has his body hooked up to an experimental system of electrodes that trigger different muscles and make him move. You can tell because while they can stimulate neurons in his brain to make him talk,they can't make him actually make any sense. He just kind of blathers about some random topic over and over again until someone interrupts him.

"The... the... the... the winning team... the team that... that wins the game... is usually... the team, uh... that team is usually the team that, uh... that scores the most points. In the game. Usually the team that scores the most points'll win the game. Let me write that on the screen..."