Watch Dogs get's a release date and Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

According to a tweet made, and it's also been confirmed by Xbox.com aswell. Get ready to get your copy for Watch Dogs. After a lot of delays and uncertainty, we finally get something of a release date. Who is going to get this sucker?

Link

Update:

8 man multiplayer confirmed for Watch Dogs

Link

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Great... will definitely be getting this on PC.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@donalbane said:

Great... will definitely be getting this on PC.

I am getting this for PS4 myself

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I am also getting this on PS4 myself. This was originally one of the launch titles I was very excited about playing, but it got delayed, so my PS4 has been collecting dust for awhile. Now with Watch Dogs coming, along with Infamous: Second Son, this will give me a reason to play the PS4 again. :)

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Hell yeah. Day 1.

Pedro_Ibarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Pedro_Ibarra
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

First time I watched a tape of this game I thought It would be an awesome game. Something fresh in the industry. I have just watched the last video (here at Gamespot) and, to be honest, I don´t expect much of it. We will see what's going on, but the story trailer is a lit bit different to what my original game idea was.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Graphics in the launch trailer look like they've been massively downgraded. Looks no better than GTAV.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@marcheegsr said:

Hell yeah. Day 1.

I pre-ordered the Collectors edition

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Anyone else not interested in this game? I want more info on that Cyberpunk thing that's being all sneaky.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

According to a tweet made, and it's also been confirmed by Xbox.com aswell. Get ready to get your copy for Watch Dogs. After a lot of delays and uncertainty, we finally get something of a release date. Who is going to get this sucker?

Link

Well, its also been confirmed by Ubisoft themselves in a Press release :D but 27th may is still a bit away and i'm not convinced it still looks like crap and might be delayed until after E3.

And no date for the WiiU release lol poor little WiiU.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11 Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

At this point the game is guaranteed to sell extremely well regardless of how good of a game it ends up being. I'm still one to wait for reviews and popular gamer opinion before diving in.

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:

Graphics in the launch trailer look like they've been massively downgraded. Looks no better than GTAV.

I agree that they have been downgraded but they definitely trounce GTA from what I have seen.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Awesome!

I've got Wolfenstein pre-ordered, which comes out in May, but I'll have to get this first.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Awesome!

I've got Wolfenstein pre-ordered, which comes out in May, but I'll have to get this first.

I'm getting wolfenstein

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Finally a release date, I can't wait for this game, although i'm only getting the PS3 version, I don't plan to buy a next gen console for a long time.

@Sefrix said:

I'm still one to wait for reviews and popular gamer opinion before diving in.

Waiting for reviews would not be a good idea with this game, since it is automatically going to be underrated for being an open world game with vehicles and weapons that isn't GTA.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sefrix

@RageQuitter69: Hah! Valid point. I always try to keep that kind of thing in mind when reading reviews. I also like to listen to the general consensus of gamers as well. For instance, if you only read the professional reviews of ME3 you'd have no idea you might not enjoy the ending. It was the gamers that brought up that point and so obviously it being at the end of the game took time to realize. If you buy games day one you always run the risk of being disappointed.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Well, its also been confirmed by Ubisoft themselves in a Press release :D but 27th may is still a bit away and i'm not convinced it still looks like crap and might be delayed until after E3.

yeah, it was confirmed after

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I kind of feel like they missed the boat for me. Maybe I will feel more excited closer to release, but I feel like I was super interested when the game got announced two years ago (at the E3 in 2012 I think, mainly as it was a surprise and I had not read on it before hand making me think it was not leaked/announced prior to E3). However, as time has gone on, it feels like we have been getting shown a lot of the game and I think that may have harmed it for me rather than push my excitement levels up. It is no longer this unknown quantity now and it looks like it will be a modern day Assassins Creed. Saying that, that would be cool so I guess I am in. I will likely buy it given its around the summer drought phase of the release schedule (Wolfenstein as well I think I will get as I am reading that it will be good). So I guess this is a good time to release it. But yeah, I hope the extra time they have spent on the game was worth it as I feel like they have missed out potentially on being one of the bigger games to be out on the new hardware systems.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@Garfield360UK said:

I kind of feel like they missed the boat for me. Maybe I will feel more excited closer to release, but I feel like I was super interested when the game got announced two years ago (at the E3 in 2012 I think, mainly as it was a surprise and I had not read on it before hand making me think it was not leaked/announced prior to E3). However, as time has gone on, it feels like we have been getting shown a lot of the game and I think that may have harmed it for me rather than push my excitement levels up. It is no longer this unknown quantity now and it looks like it will be a modern day Assassins Creed. Saying that, that would be cool so I guess I am in. I will likely buy it given its around the summer drought phase of the release schedule (Wolfenstein as well I think I will get as I am reading that it will be good). So I guess this is a good time to release it. But yeah, I hope the extra time they have spent on the game was worth it as I feel like they have missed out potentially on being one of the bigger games to be out on the new hardware systems.

i am still excited for it

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

@Sefrix said:

@RageQuitter69: Hah! Valid point. I always try to keep that kind of thing in mind when reading reviews. I also like to listen to the general consensus of gamers as well. For instance, if you only read the professional reviews of ME3 you'd have no idea you might not enjoy the ending. It was the gamers that brought up that point and so obviously it being at the end of the game took time to realize. If you buy games day one you always run the risk of being disappointed.

I can't even listen to gamers for opinions on a game due to fanboys and story whores, I stick to the old fashion way of trying out games without listening to critics or gamers (although I don't buy on day one since I live in Australia where games are more expensive), yes you can risk being disappointed, but the same can be said for listening to critics and gamers, for example, no critic or gamer mentioned the fact that Metal Gear Solid 4 only had 4 hours of gameplay and multiplayer where you had to pay for content and even new characters slots (this just showed how greedy Hideo Kojima is).

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do what you do, i'm just putting my $0.02 out there.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sefrix

@RageQuitter69: Oh agreed, it's not the end all solution to not wasting time/money but it can help, like in my example. I find I typically have fairly unique tastes as well (hate GTA, loved Rage, etc.) but with enough gameplay footage, critic and user reviews, etc. I feel I can make a pretty educated assumption of if I'll like the game or not. I think as long as gamers do not blindly buy games based off of hype and fake trailers we can better control crap being thrusted at us :) This, along with simply having a large backlog already, will have me waiting for a while on Watch Dogs.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#23 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts
@Garfield360UK said:

I was in the same boat especially with the gameplay elements. I feel like most of what I saw was gameplay footage after seeing the recent story trailer I think I am now more excited for the game.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i thought this was coming out april, so may 27 it is

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Great to hear.

Now I have to figure out if I want this for PC or PS4, probably aiming more for the PC.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Nope before, the gaming media was just slow to get ahold of the press release, but it was on the press site since midnight last night.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Nope before, the gaming media was just slow to get ahold of the press release, but it was on the press site since midnight last night.

alrighty then, the other news sites might just have been slow

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

alrighty then, the other news sites might just have been slow

Yep, think it was because it was in french :) most american sites thinks that someone making a joke when they see it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Metamania

@dvader654 said:

The game looks like a different game now. It looks horrible. Last gen like. WTF happened.

I don't know about that. It still looks pretty good. Either they rushed it out fast to meet the deadline or something...

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Lost a lot of interest after the delay, lost a lot more interest after the bait and switch downgrade.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I'll keep an eye on this because I like the concept, but the Ubisoft really needs to get out of the habit of passing off target renders as gameplay footage.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: Yeah probably :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Last_Ride

Update: 8-man multipayer confirmed for Watch Dogs

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Metamania

Ubisoft representative claims that the game hasn't been downgraded at all.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

I am picking this up for the PS4.

Of course, it's gonna be a good 10 months or so before I own a PS4, soooo yeah :P

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@Metamania said:

Ubisoft representative claims that the game hasn't been downgraded at all.

lmao Ubisoft seemed to lose their shit there for a minute

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Update:

Link

So sad they destroyed what could have been a great ip for some MP Bs.....

Hype official over on my part for this game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Cool. My hype may have cooled a bit after the latest footage but the premise of the game still has me hooked plus the online mp could be a lot of fun.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Update:

Link

If it turns out they delayed it because of that, i am going to get so angry...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Update:

Link

If they delayed it because of mp i will never buy another ubisoft product again..... because thats just pissing on everyone

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Update:

Link

If they delayed it because of mp i will never buy another ubisoft product again..... because thats just pissing on everyone

oh i agree, lets just hope for the best though

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Metamania

I suppose this will be one of those cases where they have to tack MP on it just because everyone else is doing it. Fools.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Did this game not have multiplayer anyway? I thought that was something discussed at the last E3?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Oh sweet, a multiplayer mode no one will be playing three weeks after release. What a worthy use of time and resources. That's sarcasm, folks. ;)

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#46 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Garfield360UK said:

Did this game not have multiplayer anyway? I thought that was something discussed at the last E3?

It did. Sort of a Dark Souls-esque thing were other players would enter your game and try to hack you. Don't know what that would do exactly, though (I forget if they mentioned any of that). The demonstration I attended for it seemed all right.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride

@Garfield360UK said:

It was more of Need For Speed Rivals multiplayer, where players could go into others game and help them or screw things up

@Randolph said:

Oh sweet, a multiplayer mode no one will be playing three weeks after release. What a worthy use of time and resources. That's sarcasm, folks. ;)

Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Far Cry 3, Batman Arkham Origins, etc all have multplayer shoehorned in