Want an open world pirate rpg

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Malekoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Malekoth
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
I have played most major rpgs and adventure games. I did enjoy Red Dead's western theme. I prefer fantasy based rpgs, though I have always craved a good pirate rpg. I have heard of Risen 2: Dark Waters but never tried it due to negative reviews. The ideal pirate rpg, would be open world, where you can sail anywhere, dock and explore numerous landmasses large and small. Also different quests, challenges and secrets. Finding lost treasure, and raiding ports/ other ships would be cool. There could be a good/evil spectrum as in games such as swkotor, jade empire, and such. I love the ability to customize your character's appearance and gender. I don't mind playing as a specific person, as I love how Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Skyrim still allows you to customize. Whether I will ever find this game, or if one like this already exists, who knows.
Avatar image for The_Last_Paladi
The_Last_Paladi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The_Last_Paladi
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

Here's a link to all the better known Pirate MMORPGs. Hopefully this helps you out some:

http://mmohuts.com/editorials/pirate-mmorpgs

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

The problem with Risen 2: Dark Water is that there is no real seaing in the game. The ship is used more as a way tp break up the areaes.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts
I thought of the same thing awhile back. It would be so awesome to have a pirate RPG, it would definitely be different and would allow studios to explore the possibility with seas. I would love to see Rockstar do a game like this. We can only hope for one in the near future.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

What about Skies of Arcadia?

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I played Pirates of the Caribbean for 5 years and I can recommend it as an excellent game with a lot of depth and most importantly it is quite fun.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#7 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19549 Posts

Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast / GameCube)

Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

Suikoden IV (PS2)

Tanistronf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tanistronf
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I played Pirates of the Caribbean for 5 years and I can recommend it as an excellent game with a lot of depth and most importantly it is quite fun.

iowastate
This is pretty much the game you are looking for. The only problem is that it's a bit dated now as it was for the original XBOX. Personally, I too would love an open world pirate RPG for this generation.
lockstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 lockstock
Member since 2003 • 2769 Posts

Here's a link to all the better known Pirate MMORPGs. Hopefully this helps you out some:

The_Last_Paladi
Sid Meier's Pirates, an old PC game. possibly dated but fun, especially the dancing (?) challenges.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#10 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19549 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Last_Paladi"]

lockstock
Sid Meier's Pirates, an old PC game. possibly dated but fun, especially the dancing (?) challenges.

That's not an RPG though.
fantran123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fantran123
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Bethesda - Sea Dogs    old PC game. :lol: