virtual reality which GENRE would be the bestfor it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hunter627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hunter627
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

i say that shooters would be the best and you can feel the pain when you get hit by a bullet

you get like a shock

Pessu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Pessu
Member since 2007 • 944 Posts
The xxx genre.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Puzzle games like Tetris. :|
DarkSidexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkSidexxx
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
First person shooters would be incredible!!!! I can think of A LOT of games I'd like to be dropped into in virtual reality!!!! What I would give for a VR version of games like Aliens vs Predator,Condemned,Halo 3,Gears of War,and Resident Evil..the list is endless!!!!!! :D
Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
MMO's, since real life is a grind anyway.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#7 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

First Person Shooter without a doubt.

A close second... Role Playing Game. That be cool doing something like in the middle of a huge battle like Lord of the Rings or that raid in your SeeD test in Final Fantasy 8 or something to that effect.

Heh... even sports games might be interesting in FULL virtual reality.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joeamis
Member since 2003 • 3010 Posts
Adult genre, followed by every genre equal.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
I reckon you would get a sore neck from turning your head so much in FPS. It's better with a mouse where you can make quick, snappy movements. Any Sim...especially Flight and Driving sims would suit VR the best. That would be so awesome with high quality headphones. OMG Holophinc sound! as well *drools*
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
VIRTUAL REALITY SIMS!!!!1 LOL :p I think FPS would probably be the best genre, maybe RPGs to

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

I reckon you would get a sore neck from turning your head so much in FPS. It's better with a mouse where you can make quick, snappy movements.selbie

And you don't turn your head around in real life? if soldiers can survive the real life version of an FPS aka War without getting neck cramps then im sure we can survive a virtual game. And anyway

As for a VR game then yeah an FPS with out a doubt would be a first choice for any virtual reality game.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts

[QUOTE="selbie"]I reckon you would get a sore neck from turning your head so much in FPS. It's better with a mouse where you can make quick, snappy movements.1005

And you don't turn your head around in real life? if soldiers can survive the real life version of an FPS aka War without getting neck cramps then im sure we can survive a virtual game. And anyway

As for a VR game then yeah an FPS with out a doubt would be a first choice for any virtual reality game.

I just don't see how the controls would work. Besides, there's a big difference between running around in a battlefield getting shot at and sitting on your butt swiveling your head. And there's no way I'm going to chill out playing a game while standing up. Plus, soldiers are about 100 times fitter than most of us.
shufu7-11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 shufu7-11
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
An FPS would be the best. A fighter might be good as well.
Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts
Either a massive action-adventure like Zelda/Shadow of the Colossus, or an artistic game like Rez.
PuRe_CaNaDiaN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 PuRe_CaNaDiaN_
Member since 2003 • 204 Posts
I'd probably be down for a Virtual Reality RTS. More along the lines of Black and White though.
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
You guys do realize that Virtual Reality is already conceivable right? What you're PROBABLY thinking of is Simulated Reality... Virtual Reality is what we have now, simulated reality is where you manipulat the brain directly, thus putting it into a dream of sorts...
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts
VR is already happening. At some convention somewhere they showed it off. Some army thing, you get in a giant wire ball thing, put on some gloves and a helmet and off you go. There's also the Nintendo Virtual Boy. I'd get it if it hadn't caused people's eyes to bleed. Frankly VR is almost the only place to go after this gen of consloes. We almost have photorealistic graphics, but there can't be another 'gen' of consoles just for slightly better graphics because people won't pay for that. Portable consoles can go that direction though. Maybe 3D, I don't know.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
God games would be pretty fun with VR, I'd love to give a game like Black & White or even The Sims a go from that perspective.
gabcd86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 gabcd86
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts
I think an FPS in VR would be kinda redundant, seeing as we have lightguns, and in an FPS, all that you really have is a gun. But for games like Oblivion, and the Mercenaries, that sort of freedom would be perfect, if you could interact with everything however you wanted.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MKHavoc
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts
You know there actually is a helmet and a plastic gun you can buy and attach to your pc. I saw it on On The Spot once, but it costs a few hindred dollars.