Virtual Console Releases for 10/01/07. ( It's a SIN! )

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#51 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

Actually, Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels was released on the Super NES in Super Mario All Stars.

rebelious

And on Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC).

But in neither case was it the original unaltered form. Both of them were made somewhat easier, and access to the bonus worlds was simplified. This VC release is the game as it was denied to Western players out of fear of it being "too difficult for them."

N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts

I am in New York and I get charged tax when I buy points online. Got charged 54 and change for 5000 points.

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

I feel very weird. I didn't buy SMB2 because I thought i'd rather wait for All Stars on the VC but now it's no longer available i'm kind of annoyed. Even if i didn't buy it I kinda wanted still being able to do so.

Nintendo better not do this expiring release crap with any other game ever again. It's not like the people feeling forced to buy it are more than the people who would have bought it in the long run (at least I don't think so)

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

@Onewing Angel - Dude dont be sad. Patience is a virtue. By the way what games would you like to see come out on the VC?

Spirit_of_87

i want ALL the snes RPGs, the NES castlevanias, megamans, banjo kazooie on n64, pilotwings, god there are so many. the real problem is when will i see these games? the end of the wii's lifecycle?

@Mozart no, i am not calling for people to emulate. im just saying its crazy for nintendo to not divert more resources toward releasing the classics as quickly as possible. every person that turns to emulation is money lost. nintendo is raking in money right now and they can afford to hire more people to bring the VC to where it needs to be.

and as ive said numerous times, VC games should be as low in price as possible, so as not to compete with new game purchases. ive likened them to an impulse buy by the cash register at a store. thats how they should be handled to ensure that people download them like madmen, not just pick up the top titles that they know are worth the money.

Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

Wow, I've waited 20 years for this release, and I'm loving it so far.SMB2 (Japan) is considerably harder than all other 2D Super Mario games, and that's including the All-Stars version. Mario fans owe it to themselves to download this gem. :)

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Does anyone suspect that N64 games require more coding to get them working on Wii? Why do you think that the selection for this system is so paltry? There are quite a few games I owned and alot I didn't that could be released IMO.

Now I know I shouldn't be doing this but HOLY MOTHER OF GOD is no one checking out the new videos and screens in the mario galaxy thread? Page 9? :shock:

Super Mario Galaxy Heavenly pleasure (56k) Double dose of new pics!!!!!!!

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

Why do you think that the selection for this system is so paltry?

gaminggeek

Aside from Nintendo 1st party games, the N64 was seriously lacking quality games. And now that the greatest and best game (Sin & Punishment) on the N64 has been made available on the VC; they should really just move on to bigger and better things. Like releasing all the awesome import Saturn games on the VC. Unless they want to release Bangai-O and Mischeif Makers then they should really just focus on orther systems with a larger library of games.

Oh and that sucks that so many of you have to pay taxes for buying points.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

I feel very weird. I didn't buy SMB2 because I thought i'd rather wait for All Stars on the VC but now it's no longer available i'm kind of annoyed. Even if i didn't buy it I kinda wanted still being able to do so.

Nintendo better not do this expiring release crap with any other game ever again. It's not like the people feeling forced to buy it are more than the people who would have bought it in the long run (at least I don't think so)

bugsonglass
What? The Lost Levels game isnt available anymore? A timed release? WTF? PANCAKES. :evil:
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20969 Posts
[QUOTE="Mantorok"]

[QUOTE="King9999"]Wow...gotta get both games. :D Why do they cost more, though?rebelious

They have never been released outside of Japan, I think it's probably to cover the localisation costs.

Actually, Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels was released on the Super NES in Super Mario All Stars.

That wasn't the real SMB2. That was the nerfed-down kiddie-pool version of the real SMB2.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
[QUOTE="rebelious"][QUOTE="Mantorok"]

[QUOTE="King9999"]Wow...gotta get both games. :D Why do they cost more, though?DarkCatalyst

They have never been released outside of Japan, I think it's probably to cover the localisation costs.

That wasn't the real SMB2. That was the nerfed-down kiddie-pool version of the real SMB2.

No one's been able to explain to me exactly how they're different, though. Nerfed as in less enemies, or the save-at-every-stage feature?
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20969 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="rebelious"][QUOTE="Mantorok"]

[QUOTE="King9999"]Wow...gotta get both games. :D Why do they cost more, though?MAILER_DAEMON

No one's been able to explain to me exactly how they're different, though. Nerfed as in less enemies, or the save-at-every-stage feature?

IIRC, there were some changes made to the stages themselves to make them easier.