This topic is locked from further discussion.

Funeral_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Funeral_Fan
Member since 2007 • 1019 Posts

Seeing as Vampire are all the rage right now (the twilight effect) I'm surprised that there aren't any Vampire games coming out. I think developers are missing out on an oppertunity, I'd personally love to see and new console vampire RPG much like Vampire the Masquerade. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

Flamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Flamuel
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

Zombieland is a better movie than twilight. And a lot of people hate Twilight, myself included, becuase it's more of a love movie than a vampire movie which makes it more appealing to women and girls and since gaming has more of a male audience there is no damand.

Night_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Night_dude
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

okay call me old fasion but there are the best vampires gameing series ever
is calld " Legacy Of Kain"

it has 5 parts :

Soul reaver 1

Soul reaver 2

Blood omen 1 'Rpg'

Blood omen 2

Defince

those are found on " Pc ,Ps2 , Xbox"
except Blood Omen 1 since its very old

but the story is blasting!!! i dont think other game beats those on Ps2 and Xbox on there time

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I need to rebuy Vampire: The Masquerade. That was a good game.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

The best Vampire game ever made is Bloodlines. It's set in the Masquerade universe, came out around 2004 or so. Highly recommend it to anyone. It's aFPS/RPG hybrid not all that dissimilar from Deus Ex in its structure. I personally think the dialogue trees in this game are better than anything BioWare has done, although they always get so much credit in this department. Playing as a Malkavian is truly one of the more memorable character experiences in gaming. But it's got some great gameplay, including some really cool level design, such as a haunted house quest towards the beginning that could put a lot of horror games to shame. But there's always multiple ways to accomplish objectives, including through the dialogue...it's just a really fun game.

And, yes, we definitely need more vampire games...if only for the change of pace.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

The best Vampire game ever made is Bloodlines. It's set in the Masquerade universe, came out around 2004 or so. Highly recommend it to anyone. It's aFPS/RPG hybrid not all that dissimilar from Deus Ex in its structure. I personally think the dialogue trees in this game are better than anything BioWare has done, although they always get so much credit in this department. Playing as a Malkavian is truly one of the more memorable character experiences in gaming. But it's got some great gameplay, including some really cool level design, such as a haunted house quest towards the beginning that could put a lot of horror games to shame. But there's always multiple ways to accomplish objectives, including through the dialogue...it's just a really fun game.

And, yes, we definitely need more vampire games...if only for the change of pace.

Ish_basic

That's the one I've played. Didn't play the first one.

My character consisted of the high noble class. Forgot the name. From what I remember they took things off Poltergeist and The Shinning, but it was still awesome in the haunted level. Some of the ghosts from the haunted house creeped me out.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

My character consisted of the high noble class. Forgot the name. istreakforfood

Sounds like Ventrue?

Which brings to mind, I would have liked to see more distinct leveling options/skills for each clan. Maybe an option for playing asCaitiff (clanless)and being essentially an outcast both in theCamarilla and the human world at the same time. Would have made for some interesting dialogue options. Still, it's a really good play. It's a shame that Troika, the devs, don't exist anymore.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
castlevania games have vampires.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Seeing as Vampire are all the rage right now (the twilight effect) I'm surprised that there aren't any Vampire games coming out.

Funeral_Fan

Thats becasue twilight isnt real vampires, its incredibly lame romantic not-at-all-vampire "vampires"

JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

If you have a PS3 you can download Legacy of Kain Blood Omen off of playstation network. Its pretty cheap.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Zombieland is a better movie than twilight. And a lot of people hate Twilight, myself included, becuase it's more of a love movie than a vampire movie which makes it more appealing to women and girls and since gaming has more of a male audience there is no damand.Flamuel
I would guess, regardless of the media craze, if an awesome game came out about vampires, that even guys would buy it. For many games, the demand isn't recognized about being there until the game is released. How much demand was there for a FPS game that had no combat, just puzzles? And yet Portal did pretty well.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Funeral_Fan"]Seeing as Vampire are all the rage right now (the twilight effect) I'm surprised that there aren't any Vampire games coming out. warmaster670
Thats becasue twilight isnt real vampires, its incredibly lame romantic not-at-all-vampire "vampires"

They may not be your conventional vampires with all the sparkling and existing during daylight, but they are far better than the mutant freaks that vampires have become as well as more akin to the initial image of vampires.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="warmaster670"][QUOTE="Funeral_Fan"]Seeing as Vampire are all the rage right now (the twilight effect) I'm surprised that there aren't any Vampire games coming out. Hexagon_777

They may not be your conventional vampires with all the sparkling and existing during daylight, but they are far better than the mutant freaks that vampires have become as well as more akin to the initial image of vampires.

I could handle them walking around during the day (Blade did the samething with sun-tan lotion), but it was the sparkles that made me burst out laughing. I can handle a lot of variations in vampire depictions, but sparkles in the sun is just asking too much.