User Feature : Top 10 FPS Weapons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bacchus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 1

#1 bacchus2
Member since 2006 • 768 Posts

As there weren't enough responses, and some didn't stick to the maximum of 3, I've decided to not go ahead with this. I do think it is a good idea, and perhaps if Gamespot made a feature of it, it could work. For those that replied, sorry to have wasted your time guys. I just didn't have enough information to the idea justice.

ZODIO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 ZODIO15
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

My top 10 favorite wepons FPS and yes all these games listed can be transfrer from 3rd person to 1st person reverse, of all time wold easly be:

Gears of war 1and 2: Lancer-one clip this deadly wepon it will kill somebody from far range but up colse its about 3 shots....

Halo 1,2,3: Shotgun- easy to use and really fun to watch the bodies fly some distance when you shoot somone....

Unreal tournment 3: Flack Cannon- 3 shot kill almost the same as the shotgun....

Battle field Bad Company: Spas Shotgun- 1 shot kill and bodys fly just like Halo 1,2,3....

Mercanaries 1,2: AK47- really powerful and fun to use....

Rainbow Six Vegas 1,2: 500 Tatical shotgun- lo, can can anybody tell iam a shotgun...you know =]....

Too Human: Berserker machine Gun- totally destorys the robots by ripping them apart....

Mass Effect: Bio-Shock Rifle- funny to see robots shorting out do to this powerful power up wepon....

Half Life 1,2: Gravity Gun- fun to pick things up and throw things arcorss the map etc...

Portal: Transferer- lol gets you to a to b...is there really cake???? lol....

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

1. BFG 9000 (Doom)

2. Stake gun/grenade launcher ( Painkiller)

3. Flak Cannon ( Unreal)

4. Lightning gun ( Quake)

5. Parrot bomb ( Serious sam)

6. Plasma rifle ( Doom)

7. Nail gun ( Quake)

8. AK 47 ( several games)

9. Obregon MP-50 Repeating Cannon 20mm ( F.E.A.R.)

10. Shrink Ray ( Duke Nukem 3D)

Those are my top ten.

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

Mine, in no order are:

The Zero Point Energy Manipulator (Half Life): Commonly referred to as the Gravity Gun. It's amazing how much fun, and how effective, this gun is.

The Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (Half Life: Portal): Known as either the Portal Gun or ASHPD, fun to trick a insane computer program to shoot a rocket and kill itself, or just to throw some trash away.

The Lancer (Gears of War): Really, it's a freaking machine gun with a CHAINSAW bayonet. You have to be ill to not like this.

More to come.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
People seemed to miss the part 'maximum of three'. Well, here is my top three: Gravity Gun (HL2), BFG 9000 (Doom), Cutlass (Battlefield Pirates for BF1942) The last one is probably unkown to all of you but with the cutlass I've experienced many of my favorite moments in gaming. There's nothing like being out of ammo, dodging relentless musket fire and fighting off several members of the Skull Clan at the same time. It takes years of practice but once you are good enough, the cutlass is all you need.
ClawKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ClawKiller
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts

BFG 10K- Quake 2 - First time I picked up this gun i was pretty amazed. It took up alot of my screen andI need about a 100 Energy Cells to fire it. Once I got enough ammo, I pulled the big level on the top of the gun and it began to warm up, I was amazed at the aftermath. A massive green ball of energy shot out of the BFG and shot into the centre of the room I was in. Several beams of light exploded out of the ball, into every Strogg in the room. They were all immediatly vaporised, and nothing more than lumps of bloody flesh. It was awesome!

Gravity Gun - Half Life 2 - It's fun, incredibly innovative and the focus of an entire game ! (Garry's Mod)

Knife - Counter Strike - Hehe...killing someone with this isi ncredibly satifying.

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

Gravity Gun: Half-Life 2. It's not so much the gun itself, it's how it was implemented, being able to use just about anything as ammo and everything responded so well.

Lancer: Gears of War. Come on, a fun assault rifle with a frikin CHAINSAW on the bottom, nothing in video games is cooler.

EyeWierd20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 EyeWierd20
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

Perfect Dark:The far Sight

GoldenEye:Golden Gun

TeamFortress2:Butterfly knife

TimeSplitters3 and HalfLife2: The temporal link-up and GRAVITY GUN. They were pretty much the same thing, only the Temporal link-up wasnt as... powerful, it would let things sway around alot more

EyeWierd20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 EyeWierd20
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

Oh yeah I forgot

HandPortalDevice

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
^ i was guna say the farsight from Perfect Dark as well. A sniper rifle that can shoot through walls and still is a OHK is awesome
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts

The Lancer is the coolest. (From Gears Of War)

The P90 with the red dot from Cod4

I can't think of anything else. I need some new FPS games :P

aDhAmMe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 aDhAmMe13
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

1) Splicer (Resistance 2)

2) M4A1/Grenade launcher (Call of Duty 4)

3) human fists (Condemned: Bloodshot)

4) Flak Cannon (UT)

5) AK 47

6) P90 (CoD 4)

That's it 4 me...

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Three huh? Boy that's a hard one.

-Shotgun from DOOM. No other gun that I've played has conveyed so well a feeling of impact and enjoyment as the shotgun from DOOM. Not only did it have proper damage balancing, it was actually useful at a short distance. That's not to mention the sound effect, which is one known throughout the gaming community. To this day I will always stick with the shotgun unless it's impossible to survive using it alone; I never get tired of it.

-The ORIGINAL Halo assault rifle, not the ones from the crap sequels that sound like they are running on AAA batteries. The clip size was perfect, it allowed for longer pushes into an assault without having to reload, and the booming bass while firing was great. It also had the remaining ammo on the gun's display which was easy to see, and had a compass pointing to the next objective. A very well done gun overall.

-AK-47 from Goldeneye. Awesome, awesome, awesome. It just felt heavy and effective.....I can't pinpoint what made it so cool, but it was damn fun to use.

Those are the three that immediately pop to mind.

Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts

3?

Halo 1-Plasma Rife

Uncharted-Deagle

UT3-Link Gun

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

RPK-74: Call of Duty 4

SPAS-15 from Battlefield, Bad Company

MM-1 from Delta Force: Land Warrior

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts

hmm to tired to think of 10, but heres my favorite fps guns

gravity gun - Half Life, need i say more?

Portal Gun - Same as above :P

Golden Guny - James Bond for n64, me and my friends would race to get it, and then one of would hide in the bathroom (forgot the name of the map) and the other people would take turns charging the bathroom.... :D fav multiplayer ever

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
He says list a maximum of three, then he'll compile the votes (majority?) into a top ten list.
bacchus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 1

#18 bacchus2
Member since 2006 • 768 Posts

Just a note if people missed it in the original post, it is meant to be your top 3 weapons, and the list will be compiled from those.

@Rk-Mara
Is Battlefield Pirates a mod? If it is (I couldn't find a listing for such a game on Gamespot) it shouldn't be included. Otherwise my entire top 3 would be guns from the Unreal 4 Eva mod :)

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
[QUOTE="bacchus2"]@Rk-Mara Is Battlefield Pirates a mod? If it is (I couldn't find a listing for such a game on Gamespot) it shouldn't be included. Otherwise my entire top 3 would be guns from the Unreal 4 Eva mod :)

Yeah, it's a mod. I just can't help it how it's better than any other melee weapons I've tried :P
Shiroibwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shiroibwoy
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts

P228 Sig Sauer - CS

Helicopter Minigun - SiN

Double Barreled Shotgun - DooM II

Minigun - Quake II

Rocket Launcher - Quake

Minigun - Time Splitters II

Assault Rifle - Halo

aidz22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aidz22
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

1) the grav gun. i am sure that you can find enough people writing an article about it.

2)the far sight (perfect dark). WHAT AN INCREDIBLE WEAPON. just find a nice little hudeyhole in the dark somewhere and snipe to your hearts content. i have experienced a few different times when everyone else is fighting off eachother (and bots)working their electric guts out while you spoil their fun :) . its a bit like hitting the angry button (|)

3) this one is a toss up A) the soul cube from doom 3 B) STEYR AUG from css / G3 from BF2 (i just like em both).

OHH I HAVE IT

my very own uber duper trooper super sword that i made in neverwinter nights by my self, for my self. pretty well did everything: freeze on target, fire on target, 100 km strike range 100% armour upgrade, instant death for all creatures ( including golems :P ) regenerate health by 200% every second dispel all negetive magic on myself or allies every second. etc. etc.

i sure you get the point, good stuff

go-cizmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 go-cizmek
Member since 2007 • 1782 Posts

This is a hard one... I can only think of a few:

Redeemer - UT

Flak cannon - UT

Lightning gun - UT

qwerty_singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 qwerty_singh
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
BFG 9000 from Doom!!
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

Cerebral Bore (Turok 2) Imagine a gun that shoots tiny, homing bores that drill out your enemies brain.

BFG-9000 (Doom) Imagine a gun so powerful that the only name scientists could give it was Big F***ing Gun 9000

Blue Gravity Gun (Half-Life 2) It picks up enemies and objects and throws them, need I say more

HONORABLE MENTION

Insta-gib gun (UT3)

Shotgun (Halo: CE)

Lancer (Gears of War)

BrokenPezHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 BrokenPezHead
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

Cererbral Bore- Turok 2, nothing like a bomb in the head.

Throwing Knives- Goldeneye 007, Had more fun with these then any other weapon (I love any weapon you can actually dodge)

The Machine Gun Bra- Redneck Rampage, C'mon, it's just fun!

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Combat shotgun - Doom 2. Cmon, you all know this was the first gun u used in a game that made u feel badass.

gravity gun - Half Life 2. Not dangerous, just damn fun.

cerebral bore - Turok 2. Just damn fun to watch.

Any explosive weapon - Turok. Holy crap, insane physics makes this game fun. Watching guys bounce off walls etc, for the first time in games is satisfying.

Slow motion mode - FEAR. I know this isn't a weapon, but i guess it kinda is since you use it to your advantage. Man oh man do things get fun mowing through guys like this.

plasma nades - Halo series. Top notch humor seeing enemies and your friends squirm around when they get one stuck to their face.

gravity hammer - Halo 3. I have to say this is honestly more fun than the elite sword. Makes you feel like a true spartan throwing this thing around.

bow - Thief games. stealth insanity, silent death, and some change in your pocket. How can u go wrong?

moss bombs - Thief games. They seem kinda dull, throw one in someone's face and they mumble and scramble to get it off. This is pure humor.

second mouth(alien) - Alien vs Predator. This wasan awesome game back in the day. How can u go wrong with aliens and predators fighting against each other?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
1. Shotgun/Super Shotgun ~ The Ultimate Doom/Doom II: Hell on Earth/Final Doom
2. BFG9000 ~ The Ultimate Doom/Doom II: Hell on Earth/Final Doom
3. Chainsaw ~ The Ultimate Doom/Doom II: Hell on Earth/Final Doom

I also have to mention the BFG11000 from the iwad launcher Skulltag... it is a rapidfire BFG that uses a fraction of the ammo and does the same amount of damage (without the warping spread).