There are no action games this gen that come close to Ninja Gaiden or RE4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

groverslanding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 groverslanding
Member since 2012 • 952 Posts

Ninja Gaiden - Visceral, blistering paced, the feeling of full control of your character than you just don't get in this wimpy age of "push A for awesome!" scripted sequences and regenerating health, and hard, you'll die, and you'll keep on dying.

RE4 - 20 hrs of equisitely paced action and brilliant set pieces. This gen your lucky to get an action game that can do 6 or 7 hours, especially without boring you because those 6 or 7 hours got nothing on RE4's.

groverslanding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 groverslanding

*Disclaimer* Other than maybe Rocksteadys Batman franchise ;)

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
The Batman games are fun but the combat is pretty shallow and emphasizes flash over substance. If you want good action games this generation look no further than SEGA:
groverslanding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 groverslanding

The Batman games are fun but the combat is pretty shallow and emphasizes flash over substance. If you want good action games this generation look no further than SEGA:         famicommander
I love Vanquish, Binary and Bayonetta.... but RE and NG they are not.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I think this is a matter of opinion, OP but each to his own.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Resident Evil 4... 20 hours... what is this?

Anyway, I think Bayonetta's art style turns a lot of people off to the otherwise great gameplay it offers. As for Resident Evil 4, I think the first Dead Space was about on the same level.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Vanquish >>>>> OP
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

ninja gaiden=good

RE4=trash

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Starshine_M2A2
RE4=trashalmasdeathchild
Depends on the platform.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]RE4=trashStarshine_M2A2
Depends on the platform.

RE4 in general sucks. it's not a RE game plain and simple

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44417 Posts
While I most certainly agree that both Ninja Gaiden and RE4 are excellent games there's been some other really excellent action games come out this gen. Bayonetta and Vanquish immediately spring to mind. Also RE5 was very good and RE6 is looking great as well.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I consider RE4 to have basically turned into Dead Space, and I prefer DS, but that's due to the sci-fi setting. I can't comment on Ninja Gaiden-esque games as that's not my sort of genre, but I did play some of Vanquish and it has some pretty fun, fast action.

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg

Right here.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I never played Ninja Gaiden but I found RE4 to be my one of least favorite resident evil game I have played.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]RE4=trashalmasdeathchild

Depends on the platform.

I think you need to stop living in 2002.

>_>

RE games evolved,DEAL with it!

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"] Depends on the platform.GreekGameManiac

>_>

more of devolved.with nothing being different and unique a game changed it's entire style to appeal to the masses

splinter cell is doing it

so is dead space

cause dudebros"action and explosions are kewl guyz srz"

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]RE4 in general sucks. it's not a RE game plain and simple

almasdeathchild

>_>

more of devolved.with nothing being different and unique a game changed it's entire style to appeal to the masses

so is dead space

There was nothing like Resident Evil 4 when it was released though :P

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 almasdeathchild

>_>

IndianaPwns39

so is dead space

i honestly wont lie i liked the controls and such. i just wouldnt call it resident evil nore best in the series

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreekGameManiac

i honestly wont lie i liked the controls and such. i just wouldnt call it resident evil nore best in the series

almasdeathchild

Then you're just stuck in the past.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Well! Someone never played the Uncharted series
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 almasdeathchild

GreekGameManiac

not really. i don't even mind it went 3rd person hell you could abuse that to make a great RE see here is what made RE,RE

-atmosphere:the feeling of being helpless and alone worried about being killed around every corner

-eery music:it adds to the atmosphere,while present music is catchy just doesnt give a good feel

-scarce ammo and health:gave it the survival horror feel,where you needed to conserve and think to survive

while the series was not scary or meant to be,it gave a good horror feel and needed you to survive these days you can kill everything before moving on ammo and health is everywhere and now they have a currency system which just throws everything out the window

also in RE6 they added a marker to show you where to go,where is the exploration? thats where some of the fun was.

it has nothing to do that im stuck in the past. it's that im annoyed that somthing great different unique became somthing completly different to appeal to the masses and dumb it down.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreekGameManiac

almasdeathchild

not really. i don't even mind it went 3rd person hell you could abuse that to make a great RE see here is what made RE,RE

-atmosphere:the feeling of being helpless and alone worried about being killed around every corner

-eery music:it adds to the atmosphere,while present music is catchy just doesnt give a good feel

-scarce ammo and health:gave it the survival horror feel,where you needed to conserve and think to survive

while the series was not scary or meant to be,it gave a good horror feel and needed you to survive these days you can kill everything before moving on ammo and health is everywhere and now they have a currency system which just throws everything out the window

also in RE6 they added a marker to show you where to go,where is the exploration? thats where some of the fun was.

it has nothing to do that im stuck in the past. it's that im annoyed that somthing great different unique became somthing completly different to appeal to the masses and dumb it down.

I'm sorry that you can't accept that games change.

:/

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 almasdeathchild

GreekGameManiac

being a fan since 96 my word has my weight;)

you shouldnt change somthing to appeal to everyone at all.

all we see is gun gun and more guns.which is annoying. atleast silent hill stays to it's roots

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts
Shadows of the Damned?
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiouds

Other than mainly camera angle, Resident evil Outbreak File #2 is better than RE4.

Also saying a person can not accept change or is stuck in the past is not a valid reason. It made worse when that person gave valid reason that he/she does not like something.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 almasdeathchild

Shadows of the Damned?juradai
that was an action and venture and a prett damn funny one at that

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GreekGameManiac

Other than mainly camera angle, Resident evil Outbreak File #2 is better in RE4.

Also saying a person can not accept change or is stuck in the past is not a valid reason. It made worse when that person gave valid reason that he/she does not like something.

wiouds

Isn't it?

Opinions is one thing.

Stupid opinions is another.

RE4 played amazingly.

And i've been into the series since RE2...

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

Other than mainly camera angle, Resident evil Outbreak File #2 is better in RE4.

GreekGameManiac

Isn't it?

Opinions is one thing.

RE4 played amazingly.

and stupid opinions is an opinion.

so there is just opinions

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wiouds

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

GreekGameManiac

Isn't it?

Opinions is one thing.

RE4 played amazingly.

The character control more like Dead Space but with a fix camera angle which I pointed out being better in RE4. InResident evil Outbreak File #2, the enemies gave you very little and you had to deal with what you found and limited carrying space. RE4 was nice with the ammo and weapons you could hold on you.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

almasdeathchild

Isn't it?

Opinions is one thing.

RE4 played amazingly.

and stupid opinions is an opinion.

so there is just opinions

If you say so.

:3

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Starshine_M2A2

^

Agree to disagree guys.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]more of devolved.with nothing being different and unique a game changed it's entire style to appeal to the masses

so is dead space

almasdeathchild

Yeah I really love Resident Evil 4 (although I think 2 is my favorite), even if it was different. I never really cared though because the games were getting pretty stale by the time RE0 came out, and while I thoroughly enjoyed the game it just didn't grab me as effectively because it felt so familiar.

My only issue was that RE5 forced co-op into the game, and they still advertised it as being horror for years to come even though it wasn't. I miss the old games now, but back then I didn't so much mind.

I think Revelations was great, and I hope it makes it's why on XBLA/PSN so more people can experience it.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

GreekGameManiac

Its not that he cannot accept change, he can not accept games becoming sh*tt!er. People will accept change if it be the right change. They will accept evolution. I do not believe for one second RE evolved. It De - evolved.

Everything that was once appealing about it is now gone. I would much rather play a Resident Evil 1, 2 remake, even with a behind the back camera than play the recent RE titles. Im done with the RE series recent & future titles. RE6 looks horrible.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Vanquish bra..
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
RE4 is indeed awesome! but it is last gen really :P. In my opinion, one of the best action games of this gen is the Gears of War series! it is just amazing! it's brutal, fun, LOUD (that adds to this series), it has fun characters, a fun story... but most importantly the action is fun in the campaign, multiplayer and horde modes. Beast is decent too. Gears is great :D. I am in the minority when I say this, but the first Kane & Lynch is a fantastic game! Dog Days is great too, but I prefer the first one, mainly because of the setting and story. Also the pacing is better (the second one is pretty much CONSTANT action with no breaks).
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#36 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I thought Dead Space was as good as RE4. God of War is arguably as good or almost as good as NG.