The Top 5 Things I Hate About Online Gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

#1, Hacking/Glitching/Cheating.

Come guys, get real. Those who call themselves 'gamers' can't possibly expect to anyone agree when they cheat. Gamers play to the rules accordingly and express good conduct.

#2, Childish Behaviour.

This primarily happens in Gears Of War 2 for me. There will always be the race for the frag grenades, or the sniper/torque bow, and if you happen to get it, someone will decide to be a tool and throw smokes at you, and will always intentionally get in your way. This will usually result in both you and your annoying teammate, dying.

#3, Kill Stealing.

Even though this may happen to everybody, it's still a really annoying act that keeps coming up. You know in CoD or GoW, you get someone in last stand or get them down, and someone else comes out of nowhere and steals your kill. Come on guys, that really isn't cool.

#4, Kids.

Yeah, we all know it. Put in CoD, GoW, Halo 3, or any other 17+ rated game, and you always get those little high-pitched voices that never seem to SHUT UP.

#5, Excessive Swearing.

Seriously, is all this profanity really needed? Especially with kids as well, they seem to swear like sailors with no sail on their boat. It really isn't a good thing to do, because all the swearing usually starts with an argument, which only INCREASES the swear count.

So yeah, this is basically what sort of ruins online gaming for me. Anyone else with me here?

banksotu67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 banksotu67
Member since 2006 • 519 Posts

Well just wanted to say that for #4 you can't really hate kill-counting cause I don't think it's done purposeful. I mean if I'm playing CoD and I'm sniping and somebody comes into my scope I'm shooting.. I'm not looking around to see if you're already shooting at him.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I can imagine how much of a better place Xbox live would be if we could get rid of all the Immature kids.

Lazyguy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lazyguy81
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
whenever i play Gears of War 2, i'd say about 3 out of 5 games i play in there is some young kid who swears like its cool, but he doesnt realize that it doesnt sound cool coming from a little kid.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Oh, thevices of online gaming. But yeah, it's everywhere.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#6 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Kinda makes you want to stick with just your friends online, eh?

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

I hate when little kids try to pick a fight with you for no reason. Like you kill them, or they think you're hacking, so they start screaming swear words around and claim to have reported you "50 times". People like that, I just mute.

Your list is the whole reason I deleted my XBL account. I just couldn't handle it anymore. I do play BlazBlue online on my friend's PS3 and 360 though :P.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#8 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
I think you can consolidate these to cheaters and morons.
superdav42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#9 superdav42
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts
I can only wish there was away to enforce an age 17+ rule....
amirzaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 amirzaim
Member since 2007 • 1720 Posts
Not just the top 5 bad things about the online games that you mentioned, but online gamer feel addict to online games until some gamers that mostly student aged 12 and above playing truant and they going to cyber cafes just for have fun with online games until they didn't realize how worst playing truant during school times. I saw many students playing truant in cyber cafes and I also saw too many cyber cafes which is the best place for students for playing truant and having fun with online games. Even the addicted gamers had to doing some criminals in order to get the money to play the online games. Ok, i had been reading the article about some of the online gamers died while playing online games for too long and i would say that online games have pros and cons but too many cons than pros.
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts

1.) Hacking/Cheaters/Glitchers are quite bad, but usually they are kicked easily when I play games with guys like that.

2.) I find this to be a bigger problem I encounter than the hackers, cheaters, etc. Idiots who do that can really ruin a game.

3.) Kill stealing is not a big deal for me.

4.) Kids are easy to deal with; MUTE.

5.) Swearing does not bother me that much when you are playing with friends or adults online, but listening to the kids swear like crazy while trying to act hard and tough can get on my nerves. Again I just mute them.

StaRzeG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 StaRzeG
Member since 2004 • 136 Posts
I love online gaming for those exact reasons, minus the hackers. If you aren't playing online, you're just sitting there playing by yourself against computers. How fun.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
I can only wish there was away to enforce an age 17+ rule....superdav42
Yea, because only gamers under 17 act like idiots. :roll: Anyways, yes, there are too many people that just seem to ruin the fun for others, whether they are cheating, acting childish, or just plain won't shut up. Which is why I prefer to play more team based games, such as BF:BC, because if you try to act like a moron, your team loses, and don't use a mic.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

#6: Griefing.

People that play just to ruin other people's gaming experience really need to see a shrink.

It's funny for about 10 seconds.

How can you even do that, purposely piss people off in their spare time playing a videogame for fun. It just blows my mind on so many levels.

gamerblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerblack
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
Agree with #4. U can mute them but still their parents shouldn't let them play M rated games. ^_^
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

This topic pretty much sums up the reasons why I have never tried online gaming, and never will.

Single-player games FTW.:)

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

Yep, I agree with all of them.

However, I have a a question for all of you. If I am 13 and I use my mic, but I really sound like I'm 15-17 and don't spam the mic, will you guys still say "gtfo"

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
[QUOTE="knight0151"]

Yep, I agree with all of them.

However, I have a a question for all of you. If I am 13 and I use my mic, but I really sound like I'm 15-17 and don't spam the mic, will you guys still say "gtfo"

No. It is mostly the kids who come in sounding like dumbasses and bossing everyone around that pisses everyone off. Just play the right way and do not cause trouble and you could have a good time with anyone.
ogerseni168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 ogerseni168
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts
Ya, I agree with your opinons. These are the reasons that I quit many online games. Online games will be nice without those problems.
Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts

#1, Hacking/Glitching/Cheating.

Come guys, get real. Those who call themselves 'gamers' can't possibly expect to anyone agree when they cheat. Gamers play to the rules accordingly and express good conduct.

#2, Childish Behaviour.

This primarily happens in Gears Of War 2 for me. There will always be the race for the frag grenades, or the sniper/torque bow, and if you happen to get it, someone will decide to be a tool and throw smokes at you, and will always intentionally get in your way. This will usually result in both you and your annoying teammate, dying.

#3, Kill Stealing.

Even though this may happen to everybody, it's still a really annoying act that keeps coming up. You know in CoD or GoW, you get someone in last stand or get them down, and someone else comes out of nowhere and steals your kill. Come on guys, that really isn't cool.

#4, Kids.

Yeah, we all know it. Put in CoD, GoW, Halo 3, or any other 17+ rated game, and you always get those little high-pitched voices that never seem to SHUT UP.

#5, Excessive Swearing.

Seriously, is all this profanity really needed? Especially with kids as well, they seem to swear like sailors with no sail on their boat. It really isn't a good thing to do, because all the swearing usually starts with an argument, which only INCREASES the swear count.

So yeah, this is basically what sort of ruins online gaming for me. Anyone else with me here?

MadVybz

This is why I love hosting my own servers on PC.

Hacking? Banned.

Childish Behavior? Banned.

Immature Kids? Banned.

Excessive Swearing? Banned.

Although for kill stealing, I'm not really paying attention to my team mates, I'm focused on killing the enemy. It happens, it sucks, but its not the end of the world. You've probably done the same thing to someone else and not even notice.

Scientist8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Scientist8
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
I'll get lucky from time to time and get on a great server with players and think that it's always going to be that way then all it takes is one guy to ruin the whole experience. It does get pretty annoying.
dub14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dub14
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts

its still worth it though