The scarriest horror game moment...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamer_Assassine
Gamer_Assassine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamer_Assassine
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
What was the scarriest thing(moment) in a horror video game you had?
masterfarticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 masterfarticus
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts
Doom 3. About halfway into the game, you are walking past a bunch of big test-tubes with dead demons in it. After you walk past one, it turns out to be alive and slams the glass and makes a loud sound. Then it just goes back to sleep or hibernation or something....
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I don't play many horror games, but the most recent for me would still have to be the moment in the school basement in Condemned: Criminal Origins.
It was more of "pop out" horror though. [spoiler] Where there is a guy in the locker, and thought to be dead, only to be close to death and pop at you [/spoiler]

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#4 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Doom 3. About halfway into the game, you are walking past a bunch of big test-tubes with dead demons in it. After you walk past one, it turns out to be alive and slams the glass and makes a loud sound. Then it just goes back to sleep or hibernation or something....masterfarticus
lol that made me jump to.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
System Shock 2.
strjms72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strjms72
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think the scarriest horror video game is undying, there were many moments that got me scared, creatures used to appear all of the sudden all the time... the most frightening part was when you had to go through some tombs underground, it was all dark and with the creatures lurking...:-S
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
Silent Hill 3. There's one bit where you're in a storage room, with a line of shelves in the centre making the room an E shape. Down the first aisle are a load of mannequin halves and one full mannequin. Down the next aisle are some shotgun shells, take those and a child screams with the sound of a wet thud. Go back down the previous aisle and the mannequin has lost it's head and there's blood everywhere. There's also a room filled only with a sink and a wall-sized mirror. The door locks and this black vine stuff comes out the reflected sink. Soon it consumes everything in the reflection and your character stops moving. The door is unlocked and you're free to go. Never explained, never justified, just plain scary.
TwinGemini25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TwinGemini25
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

F.E.A.R Extraction Point

Towards the end of the game, your making your way through a hospital to get to the helecopter landing pad on the roof. At one point you pass by an examination room, looking in from a window of bullet-proof glass. The room was blood covered and completely trashed, complete with a nurses corpse on the examination table. As your pass by, the lights go out inside the room. When they switch back on, the corpse is pressed up against the window, screaming at the top of her lungs and shaking like she's having a seizure. Lights go out again, and when they come back on, the corpse is gone with only her blood-smeared handprints on the window left.

I can safely say that moment scared the living sh*t out of me.

Rush2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rush2k
Member since 2004 • 651 Posts
1. Resident Evil: It was the first horror game I played and I was too young, I guess. Scared me quite a few times even tho it wasn't really scary.

2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - The part in the

[spoiler] "ghost house". First you fall through the floor and later there is the ghost of the guy with the axe appearing out of thin air in the cellar and when you turn around he is gone. Doesn't sound too bad, but it really surprised me. [/spoiler]
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts
Piggsy in manhunt. I couldn't play that at first. Chasing you with a chainsaw, man that was freaky.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
[QUOTE="masterfarticus"]Doom 3. About halfway into the game, you are walking past a bunch of big test-tubes with dead demons in it. After you walk past one, it turns out to be alive and slams the glass and makes a loud sound. Then it just goes back to sleep or hibernation or something....bigd575
lol that made me jump to.

I had a friend over when I came to that part, he jumped so bad by that event that he fell from the chair, quickly got up and said " I'm going home", then he left. Can't say I blame him, he is easily scared by videogames. My most scary moment in a horror game would have to be Condemned : Criminal Origins, When you find the guy in the locker in the school level and are to take evidence pictures of it. Scared the crap out of me and had my hands shaking afterwards. Loved it though.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]Silent Hill 3. There's one bit where you're in a storage room, with a line of shelves in the centre making the room an E shape. Down the first aisle are a load of mannequin halves and one full mannequin. Down the next aisle are some shotgun shells, take those and a child screams with the sound of a wet thud. Go back down the previous aisle and the mannequin has lost it's head and there's blood everywhere. There's also a room filled only with a sink and a wall-sized mirror. The door locks and this black vine stuff comes out the reflected sink. Soon it consumes everything in the reflection and your character stops moving. The door is unlocked and you're free to go. Never explained, never justified, just plain scary.

This. One of the scariest moments in the whole series. Another one for me would be when Pyramid Head corners you on the hospital roof in Silent Hill 2. You go up there and find nothing. When you go back to the door he appears out of nowhere and smashes you through the fence railing.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

Doom 3. About halfway into the game, you are walking past a bunch of big test-tubes with dead demons in it. After you walk past one, it turns out to be alive and slams the glass and makes a loud sound. Then it just goes back to sleep or hibernation or something....masterfarticus
That's one of the most scary moments i've ever had, but i was at my friend's house, i broke his monitor, i punched the monitor like that child that got scared with the prank of the maze game. And i had t pay. That's the reason i don't play real scary games like Silent Hill or Doom. I'm afraid to lose money.

shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 shemrom
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

The end of Doom 2 with the decapated bunny head, and this when i was only like 6 years old(WORST NIGHTMARE I EVER HAD, IT WAS ABOUT A GIANT PINK BUNNY RUNNING AROUND BITING PEOPLE HEADS OFF AS THEY TRY TO FIGHT IT.) I don't like playing horror games at all, to easily scare from them.

Left 4 Dead is an excepten for me, you play with friends, make me go on with the game.

bigfatcrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigfatcrap
Member since 2006 • 1919 Posts
The prison in Silent Hill 2 had the most oppressive atmosphere in any horror game I have played. When I went through one of the hallways, your radio blasts static and you start hearing footsteps. I accidently went inside a cell and when I tried to get out, I couldn't. I started panicing and finally started waiting for the monster to come to the cell. Waited about a minute. When nothing happened, I went towards the door and tried to open it this time. Turns out I wasn't facing the door right when I tried to open it. There was no monster in the hall either. I still didn't go back in that area for a while.
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

minor spoiler

in condemned 2, when your walking along, and all of a sudden a huge bear covered in blood bursts through the wall and starts chasing you.