----------The OFFICIAL CURRENTLY PLAYING thread-----------

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pugnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 pugnate
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
I see these sort of threads on other forums, and thought we could use it here. Post here and let everyone know what you are playing, and what you've finished recently.

I've been playing Bioshock, which I am loving. Great game, dripping with atmosphere. UT3 is a lot fun online... the kind of fun that has you cussing out loud in pure joy mixed with disbelief.

I find myself returning to Oblivion after six months of hiatus. I still haven't finished it, and with the tons of great mods available on the PC, the experience has transformed into something that looks far more gorgeous, and plays with a lot more balance.

Last game I finished was Portal, and I found the length to be perfect. There was only so much they could do with that mechanic, and I thought it was a great title overall.
peterom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 peterom11
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

Mario Galaxy

RE4- Wii edition

Zelda- TP

Mario strikers.

HWGuy14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 HWGuy14
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Some San andreas - Good story fun game.

Twisted metal 2 - Brings back memories

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

final fantasy 7

FIFA 08

Guitar Hero 3

NHL 2008

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

In the last two weeks, I've finished Half-Life 2 - Episodes 1 & 2, and Portal. All great games.

Currently back to WoW. I just got my epic mount about a week ago and am in the process of leveling my mage from 64 to 70.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Xbox360
Assasin's Creed.
Halo 3.
Sonic The Hedgehog.
Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy XII : Revanant Wings
Playstation Portable
Street Fighter Alpha Max 3
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
Mass Effect
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

PC- Garry's Mod 10

DS- Advanced Wars

Wii- Nothing :/

GC- Smash Bros

y0urkn1ght14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 y0urkn1ght14
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

bioshock

assassin's creed

rock band

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts

mario galazy

cod4

ornage Box

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

Right now I'm playing through Blue Dragon and Assassin's Creed on the 360. I'm currently just starting the second disc in BD and have a total of about 25 hours of playtime so far and I'm really enjoying it. It's looking to be a pretty solid 8+ game for me.

I'm nearing the end of Memory Block 4 in AC and wow am I ever loving this game. The graphics are excellent and the controls feel great especially with all the climbing and leaping from building to building. Ubisoft did a really bang-up job on this game and have set an incredibly solid framework for a franchise or making a similar kind of game. So far I'd say that this is 9+ material for me.

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

I am currently trying to finish as many games as possible, in other words I am trying to nuke my entire backlog. So I am currently playing Zack & Wiki, Resident Evil: UC, Contra IV, and what ever VC game holds my attention for the moment. I want to start on other games, but I am taking a three games at a time approach.

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts

Senko No Rondo

And my first ever Tomb Raider Game, Tomb Raider Legends

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spirit_of_87

Senko No Rondo

Shinoto

Good choice! I've been playing that off and on since it's release to you play online?

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shinoto
[QUOTE="Shinoto"]

Senko No Rondo

Spirit_of_87

Good choice! I've been playing that off and on since it's release to you play online?

play online, As in get my ass kick by the same Japanese man over and over again....Yes:P

I enjoy it. Its actually quite fun hehe, I started to get okay at it once I learned it is easy to just watch your car instead of trying look at both. I also have CoSIII to look forward too ^_^. Something like Raiden Fighters which i never tried, and I'm even thinking of rebuying Ikagura when it comes to XBLA. Not to mention from what I heard Raiden 4 may also come to 360 ^_^

And I do admit this, This is the genre of games that seem to benefit the most from Achievements, Leaderboards, pretty much everything on 360 ^_^

TkLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TkLive
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
  • Guild Wars (PC)
  • Street Fighter Zero 3 (Saturn)
  • Call of Duty 4 (PC)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Snipe_You_Out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Snipe_You_Out
Member since 2006 • 2707 Posts

Gears of War - X360

Counter Strike:Source - PC

jak10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jak10
Member since 2006 • 22272 Posts
assassins creed
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door,SSX Blur,The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts

Since the beginning of winter break I've been able to complete a couple of games:

Half Life 2 Ep. 2 - Finally finished the orange box and Ep. 2 was without a doubt the best part of the series.

Mass Effect - Sped thru the game in 15 hours to get a hang of it. Plan on going through atleast once more, this time taking in all the sights.

Couple of XBLA games - Beat Sonic 1 & 2, have been playing Puzzle Quest a lot as well.

Other then that, I've been playing CoD4 and Halo 3 online. For Christmas my girlfriend got me GHIII and Rock Band, I've been having so much fun with the drums that I'm not even tempted to use the guitar or play GH.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Check my profile. It tells all and MORE!
GalaxyMan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 GalaxyMan93
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts

Step Mania lol. great addicting game.

Also peggle

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

Halo 3, Virtua Fighter 5 Online, Assassin's Creed, and Pokemon Pearl. I'm on and off with Bioshock and Super Mario Galaxy as well.

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#24 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

PS2 - FFXII

360 - PGR4

PC - HL2 EP1, Universe @ War, Company of Heroes

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts

CoD4

Halo 3

Forza Motorsport 2

Fifa 08

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines ~ PC ~ Started playing about 5 days ago, put in over 30 hours already, beat it once and going back for a second. Easily the greatest role-playing game I've played in my life. Easily. Combat is "meh" but the atmosphere and the role-playing is superb.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl ~ PC ~ Put it down as soon as I got addicted to Masquerade Bloodlines but hopefully will get back to it in the near future and finish it. Best game atmosphere ever crafted.

DJMAX Portable 2 ~ PSP ~ Just got it in the mail today 18 days after ordering it. I am so very excited about just digging in and playing it pretty much exclusively for the next week at least.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles ~ PSP ~ Playing it sparsely on and off. Not too interested in it right now but I bought it for playing Symphony of the Night on the bus going to university... so I really don't need to be playing it right now. :3
TheGamerUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheGamerUser
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts

Just read my sig :-)

--------------------------

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spirit_of_87
[QUOTE="Spirit_of_87"][QUOTE="Shinoto"]

Senko No Rondo

Shinoto

play online, As in get my ass kick by the same Japanese man over and over again....Yes:P

I enjoy it. Its actually quite fun hehe, I started to get okay at it once I learned it is easy to just watch your car instead of trying look at both. I also have CoSIII to look forward too ^_^. Something like Raiden Fighters which i never tried, and I'm even thinking of rebuying Ikagura when it comes to XBLA. Not to mention from what I heard Raiden 4 may also come to 360 ^_^

And I do admit this, This is the genre of games that seem to benefit the most from Achievements, Leaderboards, pretty much everything on 360 ^_^

So you have a Japanese 360? I only ask because you mentioned Shikigami No Shiro III which was already released in Japan and is not coming to the 360 in the U.S. But, the Wii will be getting it in the U.S., which is fine with me. Raiden Fighters is a great series and I have heard rumors of Raiden Fighters collection, and Raiden 4 coming to the 360 in Japan, but not the U.S. Unless UFO want's to publish a Raiden title like they did for Raiden III on the PS2. Still there just rumors for now.

I am not a fan of Ikaruga as I don't dig the whole pacifist concept. It's a good game but I don't think it deserves to be on the petal stool that gamers place it on when there are better shumps out there. I still will probably buy it on XBLA:P

Metal Slug 3 comes out this wednesday on XBLA, I just hope there online service is working by then.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

I'm currently playing:

1. Star Craft
  2. Wii Sports
  3. Pokemon - Pearl Version
Cpt-Macmillian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cpt-Macmillian
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The big games for me right now. I'd say

Bioshock- Great game. Everything about it. The big daddies suck on hard mode though >_>;

Assasin's creed- It's fun. Great game too, but it's a little repetetive. I'me in the beginning of Memory Block 5. But my discc keeps screwing up. Stupid dirty discs!-

And CoD4- Playing Veteran now. The Mile High Club achievement sucks to get. Awesome and fun.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
vampire bloodlines right now. sort of playing assassins creed too, but its not very compelling as far as completion. we'll see if i bother. RELUC here and there. wii bowling around the holiday. umm what else.. some mario galaxy, cant believe i havent finished it but i stopped for ME because that was a heavy game to finish over the break. smg is more casual. i also have the witcher waiting to be played, and maybe C&C3
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
The love for Vampire: Bloodlines in this thread warms my icy heart. After all my years of singing its praises its good to see it get some love :) Me? Im playing: Company Of Heros Holy ****ing crap after years of PC gaming hiatus I finally got acess to a a half arsed gaming PC and this is the first game out of a slew of them I bought that I decided to try. I am completly blown away, I love this game :) Assassins Creed: On the 7th assassination right now and its pretty godamn boring to be honest. It is extremley repititive and onverated in my opinion, it has it rare moments but I cant wait to finish it and never look at it again. Rock Band Yeah I cant find an instrument bundle so I have just the game and im using the GH2 xplorer controller and having a blast in the solo guitar campaign. I downloaded all the new songs for sale and live and have a tooon of playing to get out of this game. It is easier than guitar hero I find but still roxxorz mah b0xxx0rz *heart*
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shinoto
[QUOTE="Shinoto"][QUOTE="Spirit_of_87"][QUOTE="Shinoto"]

Senko No Rondo

Spirit_of_87

So you have a Japanese 360? I only ask because you mentioned Shikigami No Shiro III which was already released in Japan and is not coming to the 360 in the U.S. But, the Wii will be getting it in the U.S., which is fine with me. Raiden Fighters is a great series and I have heard rumors of Raiden Fighters collection, and Raiden 4 coming to the 360 in Japan, but not the U.S. Unless UFO want's to publish a Raiden title like they did for Raiden III on the PS2. Still there just rumors for now.

I am not a fan of Ikaruga as I don't dig the whole pacifist concept. It's a good game but I don't think it deserves to be on the petal stool that gamers place it on when there are better shumps out there. I still will probably buy it on XBLA:P

Metal Slug 3 comes out this wednesday on XBLA, I just hope there online service is working by then.

From what I heard CoSIII is comming to the US on 360. Its just undecided when. If not, then its okay. lol.

EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts

Rock Band Yeah I cant find an instrument bundle so I have just the game and im using the GH2 xplorer controller and having a blast in the solo guitar campaign. I downloaded all the new songs for sale and live and have a tooon of playing to get out of this game. It is easier than guitar hero I find but still roxxorz mah b0xxx0rz *heart*GodModeEnabled
It's a shame you weren't able to find the bundle, the drums are by far my favorite part.

Well tonight before we headed out, my girlfriend was playing some SMG and I decided that I had nothing better to do then to play in the co-op mode with her. I had heard the only thing you could do in that mode was pick up and shoot star bits so I was surprised to find out that by simply clicking on enemies, I could stun them. So I held each enemy down while she leisurely walked up and hit them. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I found out that by clicking on Mario while she played, he would jump and spin. So I would randomly make him jump and spin and my girlfriend had no idea why he would be jumping off the worlds. :)

c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 c-d4wg
Member since 2007 • 340 Posts

Currently playing:

x360- assassin's creeed and ghost recon AWF 2

psp-tekken drk ressurection

wii-zelda twilight princess

Ds- metroid prime hunters

recently finished:

360- halo 3

psp- gta lcs

ds- nothing:P

wii- nothing haha :P

c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 c-d4wg
Member since 2007 • 340 Posts
woops haha sorry i also finished rainbow six vegas
pugnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pugnate
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
Vampire Bloodlines was great! I think it is probably getting more exposure because of STEAM?
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

Well, I just picked up The Orange Box, Vampire: the Masquerade- Bloodlines, and Pyschonauts all off Steam.

I beat Portal last night (brilliant game- how was this game not GOTY?) and am working my way through Half-Life 2, which I've never played before. I guess I'll probably go through the episodes after this before taking up VtM:B and Pyschonauts.

Also, I'm about half-way through Stranglehold on the PS3. It's fun in small doses, but I can't just sit down and get absorbed by the game. I should really polish off the last two levels in GRAW2, as well.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Zanac, Light Crusader, Bonk 2, Top Hunter, Ninja Gaiden NES, Axelay, Super Mario Galaxy, CoD4, and Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I'm currently playing RE4 (for the second time) and Killer7...
anthonyActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#41 anthonyActon
Member since 2004 • 3748 Posts
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and I need to get back into Bioshock.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
This used to be a very popular thread here. Post it again without the caps, and we'll let it run.