The Mako is coming back in Mass Effect 4 !!!! YES!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

You either love this news, or hate this. There is no-in-between. Once you learned to drive the Mako properly in ME1, it had a real charm behind it. That's why I'm so happy because of this news. I can't wait to be driving this perfect piece of machinery!

You excited?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I'll be excited if the segments and controls aren't terrible this time.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I want the Mako to die already

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Minishdriveby

@mastermetal777 said:

Why? It was terrible in the first game, but if they're able to fix the controls I don't see the problem with the inclusion. The second and third game lost an element of Mass Effect's emphasis on exploration because of its exclusion.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

As one who disliked it's controls in the first Mass Effect game, I sure regret that when you were given the planet scan in ME2 and I even missed that when ME3 came out and all you had to do was get close to a planet.

And Excited?, not really. I'd need to see some gameplay and some more info before I may get excited.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I do think the Mako should never have been taken away, it beats planet scanning. I like the fact you explore the actaul planet even if some planets have nothing on it of value.

I would like a few things improved

Its controls

A lot more planets to have some reason to go there, perhaps settlements, chances to take up side quests etc.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

This ........ i hated that part in ME1 and was so glad they didn´t waste time in 2 and 3.

But Bioware is Bioware and of course they have to mess something up, at least this time let it just be with the mako and not the ending.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Minishdriveby

@Jacanuk said:

@mastermetal777 said:

This ........ i hated that part in ME1 and was so glad they didn´t waste time in 2 and 3.

But Bioware is Bioware and of course they have to mess something up, at least this time let it just be with the mako and not the ending.

I find this type of solution to flaws in previous installments to be the easy way out. Instead of improving upon their mistakes, they remove them all together. If nothing was salvageable, then the possibility of erasing and starting over can be considered, but by removing the Mako sections they removed one of the more interesting aspects of Mass Effect, replacing that aspect with an oversimplified, uninteresting, and worse exploration system.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@Jacanuk said:

@mastermetal777 said:

I find this type of solution to flaws in previous installments to be the easy way out. Instead of improving upon their mistakes, they remove them all together. If nothing was salvageable, then the possibility of erasing and starting over can be considered, but by removing the Mako sections they removed one of the more interesting aspects of Mass Effect, replacing that aspect with an oversimplified, uninteresting, and worse exploration system.

That was the answer to every flaw in ME1 and why I do not like ME2 or ME3 game play as much.

There was good parts to the mako.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The first Mass Effect had so many great ideas that weren't especially well-executed. Had they tried to do them better in ME2 rather than just drop them entirely, the series would have went in an entirely different direction.

The exploration of planets was the most enjoyable part of the first game for me. Something that was sadly absent from the rest of the series. Some of those planets (especially those in binary star systems with blue/red stars) were gorgeous and far more memorable than even purpose-built places in the later games.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Excited? Not at all.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well I'm certainly excited. I didn't find controlling the Mako to be all that bad and it did really lend itself to the idea of exploring planets. A little tweaking here and there and I think they can really make it a cool feature.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

agreed that the mako had a certain charm to it. once you got used to the controls it was fine. it featured a lot in the first game and should have been kept and improved. good to see it back. should mean more exploration and some welcome variation

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Macutchi said:

agreed that the mako had a certain charm to it. once you got used to the controls it was fine. it featured a lot in the first game and should have been kept and improved. good to see it back. should mean more exploration and some welcome variation

This is the point. The controls may have been weird but it let you get around quickly and get to high places. It was also necessary to be able to maneuver in combat against all those cannons. Bioware said this one won't have weapons so the control should be fine anyways. It's not just the planetary exploration. Hopefully this indicates a shift back towards the RPG that was ME 1 instead of a TPS the series became.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I liked the idea of the Mako and that you had to actually explore planets, even if the controls were floaty. Flying to a planet, landing, exploring the surface in a vehicle and then getting out reminded me of the old school space exploration games I used to play on PC. I was bummed when I found out it wasn't in ME2, although I know that among my friends who like the series mine was the minority opinion.

-Byshop

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@behardy24 said:

The Mako is coming back in Mass Effect 4

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/784/721/242.gif

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Sounds good to me. Means more exploration!

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#19 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Controlling Mako was way easier on the PC port, and I thought those exploration segments were very engaging, probably the highlight of the first game for me.
But tbh, even though it's making a return, without Shepard I don't see a reason for ME4 to exist

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Awesome. I think the original still stands as my favorite Mass Effect game. It was tedious at times, but driving the Mako and exploring everything on a planet had a real sense of accomplishment for me.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I honestly don't care. More interested to see what they do with the story.

I always wanted to see a prequel game, importing saves from Mass Effect 1, and you play the history and background you chose in that save file. That would have been great. Fighting off the thresher maw and seeing your whole squad die, etc.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Behardy24

@crimsonbrute:

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Behardy24

@yokofox33 said:

Awesome. I think the original still stands as my favorite Mass Effect game. It was tedious at times, but driving the Mako and exploring everything on a planet had a real sense of accomplishment for me.

Same here. I have played Mass Effect 1 a lot and is easily one of my favorite games of last gen. It sure does get frustrating in parts, but the game has a nice bit charm and strategy involved within all aspects of it.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

It required a lot more strategy. Mass Effect 1 on Insanity was legitimately a bitch to complete.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Behardy24

@Ilovegames1992 said:

It required a lot more strategy. Mass Effect 1 on Insanity was legitimately a bitch to complete.

That's why I loved ME1 so much. It require a level thought and strategy for you to survive. I beat ME1 on Hardcore (If I remember correctly) and loved how I had to stop and think of what do next and assign what powers to use. Being a vanguard and having a high-power pistol is easily the best class and most fun I found. I know for sure, one day, I will go back and play Mass Effect on Insanity and maybe even experiment with other classes.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Behardy24

@Minishdriveby said:

I'll be excited if the segments and controls aren't terrible this time.

I found that was the whole charm of the Mako. That not being a flexible vehicle to drive, force you to accustom to it's movement, and after awhile, you get the hang of what the strengths and weakness of the machine were. I think making it terrible from the get-go made it something special.

Though, that doesn't mean I want the same controls to be in Mass Effect 4, I don't think BioWare can pull off the specialness again in "next-gen" advance edition. By the looks of the demo, he seems it will control way smoother and nicer, and may be somewhat faster.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

The Mako on the PC is torture. The Mako on the Xbox or Ps3 was a different story.

If they don't add controller support for the PC version I'll have no choice but to get it on a console.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I quite enjoyed landing on planets with the MAKO and exploring the terrain. It could get tedious but the scan in ME 2 was just lame compared to that. Besides, with it back it's going to feel more Mass Effect like. I hope they'll keep the galaxy map as well, loved it.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#29 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It isn't surprising or anything. I didn't mind the Mako sections for the most part throughout the series.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

My problem wasn't the Mako but rather BioWare's continual laziness when it comes to designing environments. When you read the descriptions of planets you get these fascinating details about things like huge canyons carved out by ancient world-breaking cannons but when you land you pretty much see the same terrain as every other planet except with different color rocks and skybox. Those sections were monotonous and featureless...wasted opportunities, really. Now, when they did the Overlord DLC....that's how you do planet exploration. So many gorgeous vistas and legitimate quests.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I like the exploration, but damn..Mako makes zero sense logically.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I don't mind it but the control were pissing me off until I got the hang of it.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

burn Mako burn

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Noooooooo !!!!.

Ok to clarify....I could live with the Mako as long as it doesn't have that stupid balloon tire feel to it again. Also as long as I don't have to drive over half the planet just to get a stash. Also as long as that drive over half the planet doesn't involve me trying to inch my way up a goat path up a mountain. Only to find out at some point the Mako just won't go any further. You know what it's Bioware...I take it back and stick to my original...Nooooooo !!!!