the gaming blashpemy thread

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

Say whatever blasphemous gaming opinions you have. dont be ashamed to speak your mind.

Just try to keep this topic on individual games, not consoles and the like. and dont flame each other too much. this is a blasphemy thread. dont expect to agree with everyone else.

I guess Ill start. I utterly despise the "golden axe" games. I always have since I played them as a kid. they are sluggish, choppy, and have horrible combat. plus, getting knocked off your mount with one hit and then having it run away really gets under my skin. I dont know why so many people revere them.

oldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 oldogg
Member since 2003 • 823 Posts

grand theft auto 4's "realism" made the series a dreadful bore.

chucholucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chucholucho
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

i detest how epic adventure games like GOW3 have pretty dumb bosses.

also cheesy/corny dialogues that want to make an impression.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I think Bioshock is massively overrated. The story is pretty thin, the backstory is sloppy, the level design is atrocious and the combat is boring. I love the atmosphere, and I think the concept of the game and the artwork are amazingly creative. But it's just not fun to play.

All of BioWare's console releases have been underwhelming...at least, compared to what they did on PC before all this. A few of my complaints center around the 3-Act structure they've used in just about all of their releases up to this point. I feel the design hamstrings the storytelling (long conversation). And any time BioWare has tried to do their own ruleset (as opposed to using D20 or AD&D 3rd edition), they've failed miserably, creating a terribly unbalanced system of abilities that robs the game experience of a lot of its fun. Their attention to detail also sucks. The games are fun enough, but well below the greatness I would have expected from this company.

God of War is boring. What can I say but the Japanese just do these melee action games better. Greek mythology is lame and Kratos just gets on my nerves.I'd rather be playing Bayonetta.

soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 soldine
Member since 2007 • 1980 Posts

I thought Half life 2 was garbage. *flame shield on*

Kneel_B4_Zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kneel_B4_Zod
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I thought Half life 2 was garbage. *flame shield on*

soldine
I actually agree with you. I'll go one further by saying Portal is the best Valve game to date.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
None of these opinions are "blasphemous", or special in any fashion at all, really. Their is no such thing in such a subjective matter as what video games people do or do not like.
Kneel_B4_Zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kneel_B4_Zod
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
None of these opinions are "blasphemous", or special in any fashion at all, really. Their is no such thing in such a subjective matter as what video games people do or do not like.SteveTabernacle
in your opinion
Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
I know everyone loves it, but I couldn't abide Saints Row 2. I hadn't played the first one but rented the second based on so many recommendations, couldn't get into it. I found many of the characters unlikable, the controls sloppy, and the humour spectacularly juvenile. Not for me!
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Gonna like this thread.

Xenogears & Chrono Trigger >>>>>>>>>> your favorite JRPG, and who hates the genre, never played them, as i to hated the genre before.

Planescape Torment & Baldur's Gate 2 >>>>>>>>>> your favorite WRPG, well.. except the Gothic series.

Gothic 1, 2 & 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wait for it.. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every Elder Scrolls game. I love Morrowind&Daggerfall though, but Gothic is in a whole other legue.

Prince of Persia Warrior Within >>> every PoP game.

Half Life 2 had a boring to to hell and back story, but fantastic atmosphere. Inferiour to Half Life.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
FPS destroy the real meaning of quality time with gaming.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#12 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Most of these posts are preaching to the choir... This gen is better than last gen in the quality of videogames as with the industry 'as-a-whole'. Games for the most part are products of design not art - Ebert is kinda right. Great games do not need traditional narratives/storytelling. Glitches/Bugs can actually be entertaining. CoD from a mechanical standpoint is better than Metroid, Half Life and Bioshock Halo isnt overrated as a package. Farmville actually has some depth. Casual gaming is evolving faster than core gaming.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

90% of all gamers are actually casual gamers whether you like to think of yourself as some elite class of gamer or not.

[spoiler] This should go down well here :lol: [/spoiler] .

Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

Baldur's Gate 2 >>>>>>>>>> any game ever made

Lucianu
Just made a slight change there :p
Avatar image for juliankennedy23
juliankennedy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 juliankennedy23
Member since 2005 • 894 Posts

Saints Row 2 is a better game than GTA4

Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights is more fun to play than Psychonaughts.

Limbo is review bait and one of the least entertaining XBLA titles.

If you are over 12 years of age you probably should trade in your Wii.

The first Assassins Creed became a bit of a drag halfway through.

Braid is review bait and a fairly medicore platformer.

Most multiplayer content is DOA.

Night Trap was actually fun

You can't make a serious RPG (Including JPRG) where the main character is a 17 year old boy that looks like Meg Ryan.

MMO players are only one step above Farmville and Mafia War players. (Exception Evo and FF14 players actually rank below Zynga gamers)

More Alien side boob and less planet mining is a great mantra for any develoment team working on a sequel.

ForceFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ForceFreeze
Member since 2008 • 823 Posts

KZ2 has the best FPS controls, at least on consoles.

Evilmeanie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Evilmeanie
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts
Fallout 3 is the best of the Fallout series by a wide margin. Wide, you mutant jack-wagons. Most pre-2000 games show their age and now officially suck. Actually, make that pre-2004. If you are playing that crap, you're limited by hardware, crushed by budget, hopelessly in love with the game, or simply addled. EM
MichaelToreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MichaelToreno
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts

Most of these posts are preaching to the choir... This gen is better than last gen in the quality of videogames as with the industry 'as-a-whole'. Games for the most part are products of design not art - Ebert is kinda right. Great games do not need traditional narratives/storytelling. Glitches/Bugs can actually be entertaining. CoD from a mechanical standpoint is better than Metroid, Half Life and Bioshock Halo isnt overrated as a package. Farmville actually has some depth. Casual gaming is evolving faster than core gaming.illmatic87
Wow. Not sure it's possible for someone to have more opposite of tastes from me then you do. Don't agree about this gen being better. I think games where art takes precedent over design are better, on average. Design = cool to look at and admire, not necessarily fun to play. I think games benefit greatly from a good story. No way in hell is COD better then Bioshock. Halo is overrated. Yikes.

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

PS3 has no games

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

I say that FPS are better on PC than Console. Anyone who dares to say otherwise, it's a blasphemer.
I like Consoles, by the way and Gears Of Wars and Call Of Dutys suck. I hate Halo with a passion too.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Online multiplayer sucks.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

FF13 was an amazing game.

PSP's library > DS in 2010.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#22 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
The RPG genre has been bastardized and the label itself is meaningless all thanks to developers, gamers and reviewers. there's no start, no beginning, no definitions to classifications. it is comprised of everything from Fable 1 to Planescape Torment to Morrwind to Odin Sphere.
TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
Never liked, and never will like, RPG's. I'm talking about the stereotypical ones, like The Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy and Fable, where you run around with swords and do farming. I don't mind the Fallout series, and I like the System Shock, Deus Ex and Mass Effect series'. Horrid opinion, I know, but I honestly can't say I'm totally impartial, in any sense. 99% of all Japanese-made games are stupid and have people with weird eyes, pink hair, a bizarre body shape (you know what I mean) and, shock horror, swords. Again, just my biased opinion, I can see why people would, erm, like, them. Oh, and Toca Race Driver 3 is the best racing game ever made, period.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

pokemon is an utter pile of trash. It never amounts anything. All its got is new graphics, and new creatures.No strategy whatsoever, all you have to do is go type vs type and you've already won. Its terrible attempt at a story is laughable. Its the smae thing EVERY TIME. "collect eight badges, stop the crazy guys." Honestly, but some meat into that "story and make your "villians" actually bad! "Oh I'm going to takeyour papers hahahahaha". Taking papers?! Seriously? That's the worst you can come up with?! And what if I don't want to become champ? What if I want to run my own gym or something?

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

KillerWabbit23

First blasphemous statement I have read. Repent!

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

Saints Row 2 is a better game than GTA4

Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights is more fun to play than Psychonaughts.

Limbo is review bait and one of the least entertaining XBLA titles.

If you are over 12 years of age you probably should trade in your Wii.

The first Assassins Creed became a bit of a drag halfway through.

Braid is review bait and a fairly medicore platformer.

Most multiplayer content is DOA.

Night Trap was actually fun

You can't make a serious RPG (Including JPRG) where the main character is a 17 year old boy that looks like Meg Ryan.

MMO players are only one step above Farmville and Mafia War players. (Exception Evo and FF14 players actually rank below Zynga gamers)

More Alien side boob and less planet mining is a great mantra for any develoment team working on a sequel.

juliankennedy23

Muhahahahahahaha! Sig worthy.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

I dislike GTA, Halo, Assassin's Creed and recent CoD games. Half-Life 2 was merely a good game. There exists a very small handful of games from the action adventure and platformer genres that aren't garbage.

inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

Gonna like this thread.

Xenogears & Chrono Trigger >>>>>>>>>> your favorite JRPG, and who hates the genre, never played them, as i to hated the genre before.

Planescape Torment & Baldur's Gate 2 >>>>>>>>>> your favorite WRPG, well.. except the Gothic series.

Gothic 1, 2 & 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wait for it.. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every Elder Scrolls game. I love Morrowind&Daggerfall though, but Gothic is in a whole other legue.

Prince of Persia Warrior Within >>> every PoP game.

Half Life 2 had a boring to to hell and back story, but fantastic atmosphere. Inferiour to Half Life.

Lucianu

Indeed the Gothic games are the best.

Also i hate online multiplayer mostly and i can't stand coop in almost all games.

SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

Crackdown 2 is a good game.

Final Fantasy XIII is too.

Some indie developers on XBLA should be taken out back and shot.

The new DMC has potential to be good.

The FPS genre isn't to blame for why people think the game industry is in "ruins". Neither are Achievements/Trophies.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

the Cod series id the worst thing to happen to gaming since ET

Avatar image for juliankennedy23
juliankennedy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#31 juliankennedy23
Member since 2005 • 894 Posts

SonicX_89

As someone who owns 80 something indie games and has played every demo up to the letters RE (I'm working my way through them)

I couldn't Agree more

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Final Fantasy 7 may be one of the worst games in that entire franchise. Not only is it absolutely hideous, the story was bland, predictable, and filled with inconsistencies, the characters were boring and I'm a bit disappointed that only one of them died. The villain is cheesy even by Square's standards, and the hero is one of the dullest and least memorable ones I've ever seen. What? You asked. :P
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 whiffed my nards.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was rubbish, cherished by a bunch of fakers who probably get sold fake X at raves before proclaiming how HIGH they are.

I LIKE the Tenchu games.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 may be one of the worst games in that entire franchise. Not only is it absolutely hideous, the story was bland, predictable, and filled with inconsistencies, the characters were boring and I'm a bit disappointed that only one of them died. The villain is cheesy even by Square's standards, and the hero is one of the dullest and least memorable ones I've ever seen. What? You asked. :PChiliDragon

i agree aswell

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChiliDragon

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]Final Fantasy 7 may be one of the worst games in that entire franchise. Not only is it absolutely hideous, the story was bland, predictable, and filled with inconsistencies, the characters were boring and I'm a bit disappointed that only one of them died. The villain is cheesy even by Square's standards, and the hero is one of the dullest and least memorable ones I've ever seen. What? You asked. :Pspawnassasin

i agree aswell

You're obviously a wise man with good taste then. :)
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

Euaggelistes

First blasphemous statement I have read. Repent!

NEVER!

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i fell asleep playing arma II thats how bored it made me

i also hate blizzard entertainment to no end.. they have slammed the door in my face multiple times, have mistreated me as a customer and consumer and have even tried to extort me (on a technicalities level) im sorry i cant support a company regardless of hsitory or quality of product if your going to be an absolute jerk to me. (jerk isnt the word id sue but my other word or words would be deemed reportable or offensive).

i also enjoyed onechanbara and sniper:ghost warrior

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#38 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I'm embarassed to be a gamer when I see a pile of utter trash like Bayonetta nominated for GOTY and Best New Character. Most offensively, though, it's on the shortlist for *gasp* Best Voice Acting.

Every game Sega ever made sucked.

Miyamoto creeps the hell out of me, Michael Jackson-styIe.

God of War is a shallow button-masher which every action game developer is ripping off because it's the simplest action game to copy yet sells the most.

Halo 2 is leaps and bounds better than Halo: Combat Evolved and is the best Halo game to date.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#39 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

I think Bioware is massively overrated. They haven't really innovated in game design this decade. KOTOR and Mass Effect are REALLY similar games.

Never saw what was so special about the Halo series, the first one was alright...

I think the GTA series is incredibly crass and boring.

MGS4 was atrocious....

That is all.

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Halo, Sonic, and GTA need to stop having games released based on them. Sonic has sucked for YEARS. Halo has become a bore and GTA will never be as good as San Andreas. That is all.

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

UpInFlames

You mean every game they developed right? Cause I am loving the eff our of Vanuqish..but that was Published by Sega and developed by Platinum.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#42 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

Sacif

You mean every game they developed right? Cause I am loving the eff our of Vanuqish..but that was Published by Sega and developed by Platinum.

Yeah.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

Almost all pre-2000 shooters have been mauled by age no matter how much you liked them when they came out. Assassin's Creed is the most boring game I've played. Call of Duty is vanilla. Bioshock has a mediocre story. The 360 and PS3 are evenly matched for now. Final Fantasy 7 isn't the best RPG ever. JRPGs aren't dead yet. Japanese gaming is nowhere near dead. The western game industry is in more of a rut than the Japanese game industry. (I'm looking at you, FPSs.) Sales don't make a system/game better. Pokemon is lame. Red Dead Redemption is fun. Also, the PS3 controller is almost exactly the same as the 360 controller, maybe better.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Almost all pre-2000 shooters have been mauled by age no matter how much you liked them when they came out. Assassin's Creed is the most boring game I've played. Call of Duty is vanilla. Bioshock has a mediocre story. The 360 and PS3 are evenly matched for now. Final Fantasy 7 isn't the best RPG ever. JRPGs aren't dead yet. Japanese gaming is nowhere near dead. The western game industry is in more of a rut than the Japanese game industry. (I'm looking at you, FPSs.) Sales don't make a system/game better. Pokemon is lame. Red Dead Redemption is fun. Also, the PS3 controller is almost exactly the same as the 360 controller, maybe better.

TSNAKE617

jrpg's arent dead no.. but they all are starting to look eerily the same.. im thinking their jsut running out of stories to tell that are interesting.

ff13 is a prime example.. the tales of series, children of mana ive barely started and your seeing what i mean i bet

pokemon, yu gi oh (and associated knock-offs).

for every 1 unique jrpg that arrives there is 10 that are ctrl + c ctrl + v's of another or of one of their prequels.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TSNAKE617

[QUOTE="SonicX_89"]

juliankennedy23

As someone who owns 80 something indie games and has played every demo up to the letters RE (I'm working my way through them)

I couldn't Agree more

I've only played freebies and I still feel ripped off by some of them.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Halo 2 is leaps and bounds better than Halo: Combat Evolved and is the best Halo game to date.

UpInFlames

Heh, I actually agree with this. Halo CE was great, but Halo 2 improved on it in a lot of ways. Halo 3, ODST and Reach have all been clones of Halo 2.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChiliDragon
The western game industry is in more of a rut than the Japanese game industry. (I'm looking at you, FPSs.) TSNAKE617
Oooo.... fighting words! :P Though now that I think about it, it is strange that no one else brought that up.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

[QUOTE="TSNAKE617"]The western game industry is in more of a rut than the Japanese game industry. (I'm looking at you, FPSs.) ChiliDragon
Oooo.... fighting words! :P Though now that I think about it, it is strange that no one else brought that up.

That's only true because they keep trying to bring out game after game. If all the develoeprs went away for a few months and tried to come up with some new ideas instead of copying each other...

I'd much rather see a drought than a flood with nothing worth looking at.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TSNAKE617

[QUOTE="TSNAKE617"]

ionusX

jrpg's arent dead no.. but they all are starting to look eerily the same.. im thinking their jsut running out of stories to tell that are interesting.

ff13 is a prime example.. the tales of series, children of mana ive barely started and your seeing what i mean i bet

pokemon, yu gi oh (and associated knock-offs).

for every 1 unique jrpg that arrives there is 10 that are ctrl + c ctrl + v's of another or of one of their prequels.

I was mainly thinking of Valkyria Chronicles and Persona when I said the JRPG thing. I kind of think JRPGs need to mix darker elements into JRPGs to find some fresher ideas.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

There has never been a fun Sonic game. Ever