The GameSpot Players Network

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DigitalDame (4072 posts) -

Hello GameSpot Members,

The Community team is happy to announce that we have started a new initiative to help get GameSpotters playing together, we call it the GameSpot Players Network. No, you don't need to worry about facebook, or twitter shenanigans for this kind of socializing. This is local to GameSpot (with a little bit of Steam to help give the feature... well steam.)

gspn_09356_640screen.jpg

What is GSPN?
GSPN is our way of revamping the way we used to run Game Nights. We feature members who would like to connect with other players based on their player attributes, and it's just another way to find new people who may also be looking to do the same things as you inside the game!

How can I join up?
Well for starters you can join the GSPN Union. This union will send out missions we have each week so you're kind of already signed up. However, if you want to join our roster, all you have to do is fill out a questionnaire! It's really that simple. Drop by theGSPN FAQto find more about this program and why you shouldsign-upfor your Winter profile.

You can see the full annoucement made by Jody here.

As you can see, some of you have already signed up to be a part of GSPN. And this week in the Community News, we're having a raffle for GameSpot members who join the GSPN Steam community and share their steam ID here.

#2 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Sounds nice, though I couldn't fully understand, does it include going to third party sites?

Furthermore, how exactly will it work out? Hope some more info's are added soon :)

#3 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Is this paying subscribers only?

#4 Posted by DigitalDame (4072 posts) -

Sounds nice, though I couldn't fully understand, does it include going to third party sites?

Furthermore, how exactly will it work out? Hope some more info's are added soon :)

Justforvisit
No, you will not need to go to a third party site. We just have the steam option available since it is a pretty amazing way to connect (for PC users at any rate).

Vari3ty
Nope, you could even say its Free to Play ;)
#5 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Synthia

No, you will not need to go to a third party site. We just have the steam option available since it is a pretty amazing way to connect (for PC users at any rate).

Vari3ty

Nope, you could even say its Free to Play ;)

Nice Stuff :D

Thoough....Free 2 Play...AAAARGGHHH x_X I know it's not the same but the name of it alone.... @__@

Edit: Oh and thanks for the info ^^

#6 Posted by DigitalDame (4072 posts) -

Though....Free 2 Play...AAAARGGHHH x_X I know it's not the same but the name of it alone.... @__@

Justforvisit
Aww come now, there are some F2P games that aren't horrible, TF2 for example ;)
#7 Posted by MethodManFTW (25785 posts) -
Cool, I'll check it out.
#9 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -
[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Though....Free 2 Play...AAAARGGHHH x_X I know it's not the same but the name of it alone.... @__@

Synthia

And Dota 2! Can't forget Dota 2. Did I tell you I like Dota 2? Yes. I do.
#10 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Synthia"][QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

SteelAttack

And Dota 2! Can't forget Dota 2. Did I tell you I like Dota 2? Yes. I do.

Well well, exceptions prove the rule I guess :D

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72431 posts) -
i have joined
#12 Posted by zyxe (4697 posts) -

there should totally be a link to the GSPN page up at the top of the Gamespot bar! it's one thing to have a player organized group, but another to have an official GS group. it's tough to have to search through blogs or bookmark it when i think it's really that cool of an idea.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72431 posts) -
it should at least be at the front page, making it easier to navigate perhaps?
#14 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

there should totally be a link to the GSPN page up at the top of the Gamespot bar! it's one thing to have a player organized group, but another to have an official GS group. it's tough to have to search through blogs or bookmark it when i think it's really that cool of an idea.

zyxe

Oh yeah, pretty much this :)

Have already joined, will need to check out if that was already enough or I have to take further steps for it all to work.

#15 Posted by DigitalDame (4072 posts) -

When the culture tab is revitalized with the site redesign we hope to add this to the drop down menu.

#16 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

When the culture tab is revitalized with the site redesign we hope to add this to the drop down menu.

Synthia

Any idea when this site redesign is going to occur? I've been hearing for months how the tech guys or whoever are building this new design from the ground up (not sure if true?), so I'm assuming sometime next year?

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72431 posts) -
thank you for adding me
#20 Posted by DigitalDame (4072 posts) -

[QUOTE="Synthia"]

Vari3ty

Any idea when this site redesign is going to occur? I've been hearing for months how the tech guys or whoever are building this new design from the ground up (not sure if true?), so I'm assuming sometime next year?

Correct, it's set for sometime in 2013.
#21 Posted by MethodManFTW (25785 posts) -
I hope we do a FarCry 3 game night. :D