The Curse of Monkey Island

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for danyopizlesgirl
Danyopizlesgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Danyopizlesgirl
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Do you think they will ever make "The Curse of Monkey Island" for the Xbox or PS game systems or even a updated version of it for the PC? I really like this game but the platform for the PC is so old and I don't even know if a new computer could play it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#2 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Buy it from Gog.com . Old games there are compatible with latest OS and PCs . Just install it , and it'll run without any problem .

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Buy it from Gog.com . Old games there are compatible with latest OS and PCs . Just install it , and it'll run without any problem .

It isn't on GOG.
Anyway, fans have created custom launchers to make the game work on modern PCs, so the original disks should be fine.

As for a remake...they'd probably have to re-draw all of the art and re-record all of the dialogue to make it look/sound good on people's tv systems. I don't see it happening any time soon - but then again, I didn't see a re-release of Grim Fandango coming out either.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4  Edited By dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Really depends what Disney want to do with all those licenses now they own them. Think it's unlikely though.

If anything, you can run it using ScummVM, and it'll work on new systems without a problem (heck, there are versions of ScummVM that would get it working on all sorts of devices that it wasn't originally designed for).

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

ScummVM will run it just fine.