jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#1 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Ok, so I played the Beta of the Crew and really liked it despite the handling being more slippery and looser than I am used to. I love the Burnout and Need for Speed games. Last year's Need for Speed Rivals was amazing, I loved that game, I like arcade racing, I am not a Gran Turismo or a Forza person and even DriveClub was far more simulator-esk for my taste (and also too broken for my taste). But the Crew is out of control. The rubber banding is out of control, the spinouts are out of control it just feels like you can't drive properly as the drifting in this game is not tight at all. Is it just me? Does it get better? Do I just suck really bad?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@jasonredemption: i have yet to play it

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

What is your level and your highest car level? How far are you into the game? Are you talking about pvp or generally speaking?

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jasonredemption

I'm in a street race in St. Louis. I've played it about 50 times. Cars going the opposite direction pop so quick that there's no time to react. One mistake on a turn or a swerve and your spin out. I keep playing with the control meters and nothing seems to really fix the loose driving-wacky driving. My car is like a level 75 and I'm almost a level 10 so it's not like I've raced and done some of the side activities to level up.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

Ok, so I played the Beta of the Crew and really liked it despite the handling being more slippery and looser than I am used to. I love the Burnout and Need for Speed games. Last year's Need for Speed Rivals was amazing, I loved that game, I like arcade racing, I am not a Gran Turismo or a Forza person and even DriveClub was far more simulator-esk for my taste (and also too broken for my taste). But the Crew is out of control. The rubber banding is out of control, the spinouts are out of control it just feels like you can't drive properly as the drifting in this game is not tight at all. Is it just me? Does it get better? Do I just suck really bad?

If you are looking for a Gran Turismo feel of driving then you are looking at the wrong game. The Crew isn't that kind of racing game.

But how do you mean its hard? i played the beta have 30+ hours in now and it feels great, i have no problem with rubber banding or drifting , do i get gold every time, not really but i am glad because if i did what would i come back to at higher levels and spend time on.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Has the handling improved since you started the game? I only played the beta and definitely understand how bad it can handle. But my impression was that since this is a "car-pg" and an mmo, that your car will improve as you level up. So maybe you just need to level up some more before tackling this race you're in?

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jasonredemption

@Jacanuk: Yeah, if you read my post you'd see I don't do simulator driving. I'm into arcade racing. I finally beat that one race and am now trying to go around the map and figure out what to do next. The online doesn't seem to be working like I can't get a PvP match started, it's weird.

@Grieverr: So far it hasn't improved (I would say) if anything I've gotten more used to it (and like I pointed out) as well as I've tweaked the sensitivity controls and all that. I played the betas and liked it and I'm trying to keep that positive attitude to give this game a fair shake but I'm not feeling it. It's like the game lacks that magic that makes games fun. I can see how a demo of this game would be fun for a few hours but so far the world is big but empty because the handling isn't great the racing isn't as much fun.

I'm gonna keep playing because it might get better. So far it's been a "play alone" experience which is disappointing for a game that requires an online connection.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

@Jacanuk: Yeah, if you read my post you'd see I don't do simulator driving. I'm into arcade racing. I finally beat that one race and am now trying to go around the map and figure out what to do next. The online doesn't seem to be working like I can't get a PvP match started, it's weird.

@Grieverr: So far it hasn't improved (I would say) if anything I've gotten more used to it (and like I pointed out) as well as I've tweaked the sensitivity controls and all that. I played the betas and liked it and I'm trying to keep that positive attitude to give this game a fair shake but I'm not feeling it. It's like the game lacks that magic that makes games fun. I can see how a demo of this game would be fun for a few hours but so far the world is big but empty because the handling isn't great the racing isn't as much fun.

I'm gonna keep playing because it might get better. So far it's been a "play alone" experience which is disappointing for a game that requires an online connection.

Hmm, if you are into arcade driving then so far The Crew for me lives up to everything i expected. But from what you wrote i think the problem might be that you are not the right level for the race, the different parts you can win do make a huge difference, when i got to New York and got back to Detroit after winning a lot of the race parts, i could instantly feel a huge difference in car handling, car speed and how much better it felt to drive the races.

So try to get more parts and then see if it doesnt make a difference.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ojmstr

You need to upgrade your cars and put those perks where you want them, i have all my perks on things that has to do with my cars handling, feels way better now at lv 40 than at the beginning, and a good advice, don`t do any pvp before you reach higher levels, you will have no chance vs lv 50 players with lv 1000+ cars. The pvp lobbys are probably emty at the moment anyways because most people are still leveling up and they don`t want to do any pvp before they get higher level and got some skills.

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasonredemption

Ok, so yeah I've been upgrading my car and I got past that inital race that was giving me trouble. So I'm in Chicago and I'm doing races there upgrading and all that and am now tackling some races out in the Midwest. I am doing a race down in Iowa or something and the recommended car level is 86 (I'm at 136 or something like that) and I'm getting pawned by the rubberbanding. I just tried for like the 10th time and I got ahead of the one guy but he shot past me like I was standing still. I don't get it. It's not like I'm not used to rubber banding. Motorstorm series had it, Need for Speed had it but this game baffles me with the icey handling (which is minimally fixed under the settings) and the AI and totally empty "mmo" world. What a joke. I want to like this game, I'm gonna keep trying just still not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the game is the one with the issues.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ojmstr

I also have experienced some rubberbanding, if that is lag your talking about? I had some at the beginning but it got better for me, i see no lag whatsoever now, just reached lv 50 yesterday and got a lv 800 Masarati:) Havn't tested out any pvp yet but a buddy of mine has played it and he said it worked really good with no lag at all. An advice, you should really try out those factions missions with a friend or two, those missions are insanly cool:) + you get alot of bucks;) Same in pvp, you get tons of cash so it seems those modes factions and pvp are kinda the main things to do in this game after the story. Also important to do those skills missions to make your cars go up in level. Im going through all the skills now to reach to top lv with my cars as im getting ready for the end game which is pvp;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

lol... CAR-PG. They were ambitious ! :p

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ojmstr

@Lulu_Lulu: Haha nice one;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ojmstr

Wish I could take credit but that term has been surrounding this game for quite a while now.... Somebody already mentioned it in this thread.