Splinter Cell - Sam Fisher Should Die

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SergioP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SergioP
Member since 2002 • 1338 Posts
With Eric Johnson and Tom Hardy taking up the voice acting for the character, I can't help but see Sam Fisher as no longer being Sam Fisher. I'm not sure why Michael Ironside is no longer doing Sam's voice but it simply isn't Sam without him. For me, it would be a lot better if they just created another character to go with the new voice actors. I'm no fan of Eric Johnson however Tom Hardy has a great voice. That said, he's still not Sam Fisher. I own every Splinter Cell game up until now. Unless they do something to fix this, the last game that I bought will be the last game that I will ever buy. For me, this is upsetting because I really liked the franchise.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
A new character, yes, but I don't see why Sam should die. Anyway, the way things are, I doubt ubisoft could have done a worse move than they did.
SergioP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SergioP
They could have him die and have his "brother" go after his killer. Another option would be that Sam vanished and another agent is now searching for him. There's plenty of directions one can go with that. All they need to do now is give a damn.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Black_Knight_00
There's plenty of directions one can go with that. All they need to do now is give a damn.SergioP
This. The new development team didn't give a damn. Resulting in betrayal.
SergioP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SergioP
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] This. The new development team didn't give a damn. Resulting in betrayal.

As far as Ubisoft goes, I'm still enjoying the Assassin's Creed franchise. It's just too bad that I can't say the same thing for all of the Splinter Cell games that I won't be playing.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="SergioP"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] This. The new development team didn't give a damn. Resulting in betrayal.

As far as Ubisoft goes, I'm still enjoying the Assassin's Creed franchise. It's just too bad that I can't say the same thing for all of the Splinter Cell games that I won't be playing.

I enjoy mostly everything Ubi does. Exception made for their new direction concerning Splinter Cell. Both movie adn Blacklist are a kick in the balls.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Sam shouldn't die, he should be the mission control/mentor for the next protagonist.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

It doesn't matter what they do with Blacklist, for better or worse; Michael Ironside needs to be brought back to voice Sam. Maybe THEN it will have a bigger, better reaction from the fans than before. It ain't Sam without Michael portraying him and Ubisoft doesn't understand little concept at all. Has nothing to do with "oh, we need someone physical for the part." Bull****! Has to do with money, plain and simple! So stop being greedy ******** and get Michael Ironside to do the role, no matter how much money you have to throw at him!

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ilovegames1992

It doesn't matter what they do with Blacklist, for better or worse; Michael Ironside needs to be brought back to voice Sam. Maybe THEN it will have a bigger, better reaction from the fans than before. It ain't Sam without Michael portraying him and Ubisoft doesn't understand little concept at all. Has nothing to do with "oh, we need someone physical for the part." Bull****! Has to do with money, plain and simple! So stop being greedy ******** and get Michael Ironside to do the role, no matter how much money you have to throw at him!

Metamania

From a business perspective i imagine that throwing megabucks to keep a voice actor going isn't financially prudent.

I think i'm going to try not to dwell too much on this Ironside thing, as much as i love the guy and synonimise him with my favourite video game character.

I think Ubisoft realise that after looking at the decent sales figures of Conviction, it doesn't matter how much they deviate from the original games, they will still sell well.

Thats how it seems to me.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Ilovegames1992

From a business perspective i imagine that throwing megabucks to keep a voice actor going isn't financially prudent.

I think i'm going to try not to dwell too much on this Ironside thing, as much as i love the guy and synonimise him with my favourite video game character.

I think Ubisoft realise that after looking at the decent sales figures of Conviction, it doesn't matter how much they deviate from the original games, they will still sell well.

But it should be prudent. It's messing up the series and what it's truly all about; keeping things in context and being consistent. Doing this voice change ISN"T following that at all.

Also, that's how all businesses work; people seem to buy something a lot and it gives them money, which in turns makes those developers think "Hmm, it has to be THAT GOOD, so we'll keep on making more." In some cases, it's a good thing. Other cases, it's bad (see Final Fantasy for how bad it has become now).

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

But it should be prudent. It's messing up the series and what it's truly all about; keeping things in context and being consistent. Doing this voice change ISN"T following that at all.

Also, that's how all businesses work; people seem to buy something a lot and it gives them money, which in turns makes those developers think "Hmm, it has to be THAT GOOD, so we'll keep on making more." In some cases, it's a good thing. Other cases, it's bad (see Final Fantasy for how bad it has become now).

It could be argued Conviction did that a while ago, still sold well.

I'm an old SC fan, i really don't want Ironside to go at all, but they just know that it will sell anyway so whats the point in pandering.

And if a business knows it wont really be affected by cost cutting, it will probably cut costs to maximise profits, as they will in this case.

I'm sure the new fans they gained in Conviction would more than make up for those lost in this game anyway.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Sooo....he should die just because in ONE LANGUAGE HE LOST HIS VA.

Ok, now tell every other region that get's a localization with Speech in their native language THAT reason.

LOL!

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

If there was a villain that killed Sam Fisher, it better be one hell of an awesome villain. The guy is showcased to be an unstoppable killing machine, so the idea of him getting killed actually makes me interested in playing a hero bad ass enough to avenge him.

Even old age is afraid of Fisher at this point.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Black_Knight_00

Ok, now tell every other region that get's a localization with Speech in their native language THAT reason.

LOL!

Justforvisit

It's even worse for localized versions: the italian edition changed Sam's voice from an AMAZING actor to a dumbass back with Conviction. A foreshadowing of ubisoft's new policy to do voice work on the cheap.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

LOL!

Black_Knight_00

It's even worse for localized versions: the italian edition changed Sam's voice from an AMAZING actor to a dumbass back with Conviction. A foreshadowing of ubisoft's new policy to do voice work on the cheap.

German though has always been the same awesome sounding guy so far, so we have a Draw here.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

LOL!

Justforvisit

German though has always been the same awesome sounding guy so far, so we have a Draw here.

Tthe german actor is indeed pretty good, but check out Sam's original italian voice, then listen to the Conviction voice actor. Even if you don't speak the language you can perceive the quality drop.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

While I would like to see Michael Ironside voice Sam Fisher, that is not why I play this series. I will deal with the new voice actor, but my real problem is the deviation from the original formula. Conviction took it too far, and this title looks to be taking it further.

I cannot believe some people thought Sam being on a revenge mission and showing these crazy god like abilities would be exclusive to Conviction. Apparently it made sense to people that Sam became Jason Bourne over night and that after showing his crazy god mode abilities, he would just go back to the way he once went about his missions. Sam never had these abilities to absolutely decimate those in his way in previous iterations, he was cautious, cold, and most importantly... mortal.

Anybody who played Conviction and didn't expect all of this, you have only yourself to blame. It was obvious that it would bring more action, more bullets, more explosions, new voice actors and bigger breasts to the characters.

But anyways, I will still purchase Blacklist, I did enjoy Conviction so I am sure I will enjoy this new iteration, however anybody who is surprised by the things we're seeing in Blacklist should get their head examined. Conviction was a step in this direction and obviously as with most sequels... they were gonna take it another step further.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

sam fisher is old already, he should just retire and become Lambert. a new operative is a better option than the current killing machine that is blacklist.