Sound design for Survival-Horror video games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kerjinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 kerjinn
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey peeps, this here is a survey for the sound design for survival-horror video games. It is a part of a project that I have to do for my college degree. It'll be great if you have the time to complete this survey for me and bring me one step closer to my degree. Any response from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!

Here's the link to said survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6N7LRGV

CHEERS!!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@kerjinn: What exactly is your project on? And I did the survey.

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Did the survey, now give me a cookie :)

kerjinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kerjinn

@turtlethetaffer: Thanks for your time and effort on completing the survey. I appreciate it.

The criteria for this project is for us to create a prototype (original music, cover, soundscapes) and test it out on audiences for feedbacks and comments. Basically, we need to collect information from our prototypes and create an audience profile based on the information gathered.

kerjinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kerjinn

@brodelin: Thank you very much! Here you go.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I demand a cookie as well!

Also I ran on forever in the text field at the end. Sorry about that. I really like Survival Horror.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Done.

I like survival horror. I'm still waiting on a dev to get the world of Lovecraft right.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@kerjinn: Oh so you'll be making the sounds and testing them on people, basically? That sounds pretty neat. I'd be interested in hearing the final results.

Biggest advice I can give references the Uncanny valley. Basically, if something looks close to a human but still looks unhuman, it's considered more scary. It's why so many people think realistic dolls and clowns are scary; they look human, but something is still off about them. Same can be said for sound. Make it seem like it could have come from a human, but make it sound slightly inhuman. Ever play dead Space, you know those wall clinging enemies that scream? Something like that. The screams sound almost human, but still monstrous.

kerjinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kerjinn

Hey guys and girls, here's a demo of a project I've been working on for college. It's a audio clip for an imaginary horror game. I am supposed to collect comments and feedbacks regarding this demo. Any help from you guys are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Link to soundcloud with full description here:https://soundcloud.com/wongkerjinn/survival-horror-video-game

By the way, as this demo contains very low bassy music, I would suggest using headphones/earphones/external speakers for maximum listening experience.

P.S. After listening to the demo, why not spend another minute or two to complete a survey regarding this demo. It's a short one, I promise.

Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SX7JLQ6

CHEERS!!

kerjinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kerjinn

@brodelin@ZZoMBiE13@Boddicker@turtlethetaffer

The demo is out!! It's on post #9!