Some gaming facts about yourself that you're ashamed to admit (but will anyways)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Any embarassing guilty pleasures? Epic failures? Plain ol' ridiculous facts? Share 'em! Here a few of mine:

• I can't beat The Legend of Zelda: ALink to the Past
  • I haven't played any of theFinal Fantasy games after VII.
  • I've never played Super Mario 3, Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island
  • I consider myself a huge RPG fan yet I didn't beat Chrono Trigger until this past weekend.
  • I currently have a backlog of over 30 games. Over half are still in their original factory seal.
  • Whenever I see someone type "Pokemon D/P" I always think to myself "Pokemon Double Penetration" and then chuckle to myself.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

1. I bought King Kong partially for the achievements.
2. I played through Terminator 3 and didn't think that it was terrible.
3. I hate the Guitar Hero franchise with a passion, but I'll still play the games.

HellishKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 HellishKratos
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

1. I really like playing Viva Pinata.

2. I still play Pokemon Snap and enjoy myself.

3. I'm actually enjoying playing Naruto: Broken Bonds.

4. I still like DBZ games.

I'm ashamed to admit these because I'm 20 years old, lol.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
  • I've never played a 3D Zelda game. No OoT for me.
  • I buy more games than I can play, and almost never finish them (that is slowly changing).
  • I've never played ANY Metroid game.
  • Braid gave me headaches and I never finished it. I'm too thickheaded to figure out the puzzles. :P
Avatar image for JimCarreyForYou
JimCarreyForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JimCarreyForYou
Member since 2009 • 2606 Posts
-I don't like to play as a team when I rarely go online specially when they are FPS. - I bought this Rocket powet fuel or something like that from PSN and I enjoy it...' - DB fighting games are still my favorites on that genre excluding this last one because it sucks, it doesn;t feel the same and anybody can beat you.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

- I don't like online gaming... it's laggy, jumpy and I suck at it

- It took me three or four attempts to beat the first boss in Zelda: Twilight Princess (don't laugh)

- My 11 year old nephew ALWAYS beats me at Call of Duty 4 and WaW (I don't actually own either game though, so that's my excuse)

- I like being told where to go in a videogame, none of this non-linear stuff (except in SOTC where exploring is quite fun)

- I'm 22 and still waste hours and hours of my life playing Sonic games

- I own a shedload of fighting games and suck at them all

CHEATSman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 CHEATSman115
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts
- every game i've beaten is because of walkthriughs
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

I am absolutely horrible at the donkey kong arcade game. I've made it past the 3rd level one time in my entire life :|.

I haven't played a wii game in months.

Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
- every game i've beaten is because of walkthriughsCHEATSman115
We have a "winner". I'm ashamed to just have so many uncompleted games lying around, particularly gamecube games which I only bought because of "Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles" which as we all know turned out to be complete and utter s**t.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

I also enjoy reading game manuals on the bog. I'm kind of proud of this, though, so I dunno if it still counts. :P

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I bought the Atari Jaguar for $800.00 when it came out, the worst gaming purchase I've ever made. What's worse, I spent months beforehand doing yardwork at $8/hr saving up for it, only to have it bomb a few months later and trading it for a cheap computer that was worth a third of what I paid for it.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

I bought the Atari Jaguar for $800.00 when it came out, the worst gaming purchase I've ever made. What's worse, I spent months beforehand doing yardwork at $8/hr saving up for it, only to have it bomb a few months later and trading it for a cheap computer that was worth a third of what I paid for it.

Rekunta

Huh? :?

The Jaguar's retail price at launch was $250.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts

-I got my ass handed to me by a 10 year old in Soul Calibur. YAY!

-I sleep with Kirby plushies at night

-I think Balthier's a hottie

-When I'm not playing videogames, I like to sit down with a pen and paper and write fanfics about Balthier and myself.

-I think FFVII's better than VI

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

Menalque2

Huh? :?

The Jaguar's retail price at launch was $250.

Yea I know. It was the only one on island, so I had to pay out the nose.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts

3. I hate the Guitar Hero franchise with a passion, but I'll still play the games.

Legendaryscmt

The hell?:lol: Talk about cognitive dissonance.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I don't have the patience anymore to play 2d generation games on the console itself and I often end up playing it emulated using the savegame feauture :?

I know I could easily beat the game on the console itself but I don't have the patience anymore to try certain area's over and over again.

I'm used to fast gameplay, rushing through levels nowadays.

It used to be different years ago.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Here's another one. I bought two copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 (limited edition complete with box and plushie); one to play and one to keep sealed as a collectible. My roommates made fun of me horribly.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
well, lets see here 1. i still play all the pokemon games and usually log over 100 hours into each - im looking forward to the upcoming remakes of gold/silver 2. i cant beat the final bosses in metroid prime 1/2 3. i suck at guitar hero/rock band and am proud of it 4. i cant stand the whole halo craze - similar but to a lesser degree with gears 5. im jealous of a lot of playstation games but wont play them because i hate sony
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts

The moment I got oblivion I started cheating on the console and never actually played it as it was meant to be played.

I couldn't care less about achievementes/trophies, I dont get why people buy crappy games just toget them.

I prefer singleplayer on my FPSs

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

It's not something I'm necessarily ashamed of, but I don't like some of the most popular games. I just didn't like games like Final Fantasy VII, Oblivion, and the Halo series in general.

ATKisNeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 ATKisNeat
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts
I can not beat Zelda: Oracle of Ages. I just can't get past the goron dance part. So frustrating.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
During my first run on any rpg I always look for cheats I really hate free form gameplay like Oblivion. Always gets me so bored. My first sim game I bought because I wanted to date an online character When I tell my friends how much ive been playing a game and then they completely own me in it, I feel ashamed.
kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kimkim01
Member since 2009 • 704 Posts

I actually liked the song: "The Girl in the Tower".

Points to anyone who knows this.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
I liked Bullet Witch.
sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts

I buy more than one consoles not because i want it, but because i feel better when i own more e.g i bought ps3 recently dunno why really.

I deliberately broke my RROD my 360 to get a replacement.

I have lots of games that i'll never complete e.g Mario 64!! dozens of 360 games.

I enjoy playing dynasty warriors over games like fallout 3 dead space gta zelda.

I own at guitar hero!

I prefer console FPS over PC!!:o

Yes and i still love pokemon:oops:

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#26 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

oh, some of these admissions are just shocking! you all should be ashamed of yourselves. :P

hm, for me it is.....

1. i'm crap at games. i can't play 'real' games; shooters by treasure, any fighters, any puzzle games.

2. sometimes i feel embaressed if i still have to spend time alone levelling up...at like 2am in the morning. i think that maybe i should have grown out of this kind of thing by now (but not gaming per se).

3. i'm picky... i love japanese games so much that i've become somewhat resistant to western video game aesthetic. but on the other hand i'm outspoken, because i don't want to generally play as bald 'hard men' with machine guns, or play a game that really should be a hollywood film. i still don't think there's anything wrong with not especially liking RTS or FPS though.

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts
- i rarely go back to a game once i beaten it even if it has a huge replay value. - i feel that japanese developers > western developers - i work all day and play games most of the night. weekends are reserved for parties and beer pong. - goin in game stores i would always go to the ps2 section first for some reason - i can play RB drums but cant play the real drums - im still amazed how the light gun from the original NES knows where im aimming in duck hunt. im convinced that some witchcraft/wizardry is involved. - a game with 50+ hrs of gameplay is considered long but if u think bout it its only 2-4 days of gaming. - it puzzled me why the 360 still uses a disk tray when everyone is doing the trayless slots nowadays. - i thought blowing in a game cartridges makes it work better but now i know im just been adding moisture and spit into it. - when i loss to the cpu, i used to blame the game for cheating. - war and genocide can be prevented if nations just host lan networks and have tournies. - i love RTS games but suck at it. i still cant defend myself against a zergling rush. - i played soo much SNES when i was little the power brick melted.
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

Not ashamed of these since I don't see why i should be:

1) I never fall for peer pressure, I couldn't care less for games like Halo, Gears of War and so on, if I want to be bored to tears, I'll watch Big Brother

2) I love Pokemon and other cute games

3) I do play violent games, but I tend to go for ones that are tongue in cheek violence instead of all this realisim nonsense

4) I prefer to play as a female character than male, bad enough being born male without playing as male in games as well

5) If I were asked to choose between a game like Bio Shock or a game like Dynasty Warriors, I'll take the Dynasty Warriors, at least I'll have fun

6) I've lost count on how many games I've played and beaten since 1984

7) I tend to go for games that have ratings lower than the triple AAA titles, 80% and lower usually though I do sometimes go for higher rated games if it interests me enough

8 ) Silent Hill 1 scares the c**p out of me

9) I like being scared in games like Project Zero/Fatal Frame

10) I couldn't care less for all this multi player only rubbish, waste of money and time when a good solid single player is just as good and you don't have to worry about foul mouthed brats ruining your fun

11) I like EA, though they could be better - Less sports games for example, bring back the Strike series and do it well

12) I push myself a tad too hard in games in order to fight my disability and prove to myself that I'm as capable as anyone else

R/T

Ironserpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ironserpent
Member since 2008 • 646 Posts

I've never played a single one of the FF games. People on here say how much better FF8 is over FF4 or vice versa and I don't have a clue what they're talking about. :D

jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jasper061992
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts

Hehe, lets see:

-I couldn't beat the final boss in Super Mario Land on GB

-I have a sh'tload of games scattered everywhere in my home and didn't beat even 1/2 of them.

-Also have a fair amount of games i haven't touched yet

-Barely touched the Xbox 360 or Wii and stick to old 8/16bit consoles.

-Wishing i was kick@ss in FPS games.

-Broke a few of my games by accident.

-Broke one of my 360 controllers out of frustration.

-I like mini web games. Also like puzzle games like bust-a-move.

-I like to listen to 8bit Chiptune music and my friends in college made fun of me. I felt ashamed lol.

-Wasting most of my time glued to my PC on gamesites.

-I thought my Xbox 360 RRoD'd on me one night until i had to replug back in the AV cable. I felt so stupid that day lol.

-I don't mind cr@p games very much lol.

-I like owning exactly the same game for every platform it was released on.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I actually bought some furniture for my apartment........in playstation Home :? I don't like games that are even remotely scary, i want to have fun playing a game and that's it.
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

I am terrible at RTS games. Despite trying to play many of them over the years I still can't play them.

Same goes for fighting games.

I have stayed up for a whole day playing a video game once. I was just curious... I wasn't that tired at the time.

I sturggle to play games with horror themes. I havn't finished Dead Space yet despite having it for 6 or so months now and it took me for ever to get to the end of RE4. They arn't even that scary, I just don't feel that comfortable playing them. It's a bit depressig actually.

And some things are just too embarasing to admit.

Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I don't like Metroid

I don't like Super Smash Bros

I'm not the biggest fan of fps

viper1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 viper1991
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts

I'm really not that good at any games, even ones I've been playing for ages and I rarely ever finish games. :cry:

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

1. Hated MGS4

2. main reason i bought psp was for umd movies.

3. I thought Halo 3 sucked

4. I bought a strategy game and played it once because it required too much patience . . .

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#36 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts
  • I love getting swag
  • I always buy CE's. I even spent 170 bucks or whatever the price for the ULE of Dead Space. I hated Dead Space.
  • After playing Valkyria Chronicles, I got the figurines of them in bikinis. As well as KOS-MOS in a bikini.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

-Never finished Dead Rising cause it gave me nightmares.

-A large percentage of my games will go unfinished.

-Have played all GTA games but have yet to finish a single one.

-Bought the Legendary edition of Halo3 for the Spartan helmet.

-I love RTS's but I suck at them online(same with fighting games).

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
- I quit Twilight Princess at the Ice Temple. :(....... - Don't like most fighting games - Hate sports games - I enjoyed Chrono Cross more than Chrono Trigger >_> (Still think both are perfect, though)
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]During my first run on any rpg I always look for cheats I really hate free form gameplay like Oblivion. Always gets me so bored. My first sim game I bought because I wanted to date an online character When I tell my friends how much ive been playing a game and then they completely own me in it, I feel ashamed.

?! Why do you look for cheats?! lol
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

Ive never beaten a true rpg. The closest game to an rpg that ive beaten was Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and ive played.

i suck at online parts of fps games that im pretty good at on single player(Gears and Call of duty mordern warfare

DarknessLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DarknessLion
Member since 2008 • 2305 Posts

-Owned all GTA but only beat one
-Only Played one FFX-2
-Thought Driver 3 was good
-Spent 2 Days straight playing Sim City
-Bought Juiced 2 on release date.
-Sold GTA4 for Far Cry 2 4 months ago.
-Still on Act 1 in Far Cry 2

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I swear at my TV while playing a lot, especially if its a tough part in a game that is killing me over and over. And I mean SWEAR. lol.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Years back when I had my Dreamcast, I thought it was broken and left it gathering dust in a cupboard for weeks. Then one day I took a closer look at the problem - turns out I just hadn't plugged the power cable in all the way. Yes, I felt pretty stupid.

Oh, and I'm a sucker for steelbook packaging. I don't care how much extra it costs - I love steelbook.

joao_22990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 joao_22990
Member since 2007 • 2230 Posts
I fully enjoyed every final fantasy i've played, but never actually finished any. It's just that such games often feed my need for exploration, and don't really feed my need to have a very good fighting system, which i've found in the SMT franchise.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

What an awesome thread...

I buy movie games sometimes, and yes mostly for easy achievements
I have never played an RTS for more than a hour
I sucked at WoW
If I get stuck at a game, I usually never play it again (CoD on vetran, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Black, Medal of Honor Airborne)
If possible, I will always buy CE
I've never and most likely never will beat a Final Fantasy or an RPG thats not Oblivion
I'll buy any game for 360 thats under 10 dollars (Meet the Robinsons, Beowulf, VampireRain, Superman)
I'll play and master any Guitar Hero/Rock Band game that comes out