So who needs a good Story ? Do we need a Story at all ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Poll So who needs a good Story ? Do we need a Story at all ? (44 votes)

A game without a Story isnt a game! 20%
I want to play a good game and dont care about the Story 20%
Only a good story with a good game makes a great game! 59%

In some of those recent ALIEN ISOLATION reviews there were some critics complaining that its a great game but lacking the story. Which in my opinion is another bullshit reason to lower the rating of a game....coz seriously now who really needs a good story to be honest...or a story at all ???

It was always my opinion that if i want to follow a good story i read books or watch movies, if i want to PLAY a game then want to PLAY in the first place and dont care whats the story behind it, a game could have the best and most interesting and fascinating story out there....if the game sucks then the story wont help it either and i will not continue to play it...ill probably just read a walkthrough in order to find out how the story ends.

Dont get me wrong, i always follow the story and i watch the cut-scenes, but i mostly watch the cutscenes with the hope to see beautiful rendered graphics or cool action-scenes like in the MSG or arkham franchise etc., but often i am close to just skip certain scenes coz i am generally just not really interested in the story...i want to PLAY the game instead of watching the story unfold.

• 
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#151 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

A good story is important but not necessary . Gameplay , challenge and fun factor is more important . I prefer story driven games but that doesn't mean I believe that it's the most important thing in a game .

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 37

#152 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Gameplay>story.
But wouldn't you get pissed if the story is so bad or bad written or ...lacking? I myself care about stories in games. It's one of the factors that can make the game great. How about a Half Life game without a story, that would be great and unnoticeable, right? or a Mass effect game / Witcher game / StarCraft game without story? won't ruin the experience right? won't feel like you're just playing a multiplayer game with people ''just for plain crazy fun'' ?
Luckily most of the times, when you find a great game, you find the story great as well. :)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#153 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

LOL that anger.

if it makes you sleep better at night then yes, i am totally angry

dude you really should do some anger management courses. You've been venting your anger on OPINIONS. Your opinion<> my opinion. This is what this thread is about. People are supposed to share their OPINIONS. Whether you agree or disagree, it won't matter. Calm your titties.

girl.....again....this aint about me, this thread aint about me, i am not the center of this world, i am not responsible for all evil on this planet, i am no demon, i am no god nor the devil himself, you really have no need to focus on me that much, now take your lolly and move on and go watch some anime cartoons

you sound like a complete moron :(

i sound like that ?

do you really hear voices when you read my posts ?

my bad, i forgot morons take everything literally.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

Nice m8. I can feel your sadness miles away.

LOL the anger, you forgot the anger!

well, the sadness was a bit too overwhelming.

girl...you really dont have to explain yourself to me, i know you feel a little insecure but really there is no need to look up to me like that

keep confusing me as a girl. I love this feeling.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

@heguain said:

Gameplay>story.

But wouldn't you get pissed if the story is so bad or bad written or ...lacking? I myself care about stories in games. It's one of the factors that can make the game great. How about a Half Life game without a story, that would be great and unnoticeable, right? or a Mass effect game / Witcher game / StarCraft game without story? won't ruin the experience right? won't feel like you're just playing a multiplayer game with people ''just for plain crazy fun'' ?

Luckily most of the times, when you find a great game, you find the story great as well. :)

well then i speak for myself only that i mostly do not care about the story so i aint pissed if the story is bad cause i dont even follow it that closely

talking about HALF-LIFE, whenever i think back to that game i dont even remember much of the story but i think back and clearly remember the great fun i had playing the game and certain gameplay elements and scenes i havent expierienced in a game until that moment, like the great AI which was smart enough to throw their grenades behind the cover where i was hiding....or the blood splatters on the walls behind shot enemies....THATS what i remember and THATS what was all the fun, not the friggin story

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 sabretooth2066

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

girl.......if you use such an incredibly amazing gay avatar, its your own fault then if people think you have no dick.

and well....i am happy that you love this feeling, but again....i friggin fuckin absolutely do not care about your damn feelings and you dont have to explain yourself to me all the time...

...now take your goddamn candies and go watch some anime cartoons

I can't help it that I'm a kawaii handsome young man.

No candies m8. I slaughtered a sheep and a goat today. It's gonna be a mutton party yeah!!!!

girl....just get your friggin ballerina schoes and go watch some anime cartoons

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Threads like this shows how little mod activity goes around in game discussion forums.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 sabretooth2066

@Gamerno6666 said:

Threads like this shows how little mod activity goes around in game discussion forums.

funny i dont see you really participating in this thread but only crying like someone cut off your balls

most people in here do great talking about the topic in here, its just a few who have such troubles following the topic and rather focus and concentrate all their willpower on my person......and now we have one who just visits this thread only to complain about the mods

now seriously....if you dont have anything to say regarding this topic, then please leave this thread, you also werent forced to enter this thread or to follow it, so if it causes you so much pain......

....just stay the hell out of it kid

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think stories detract from gameplay. I think elements that make up a good story are counter-productive to good gameplay. That's why all videogames roughly have similar stories to one-another. Let's take TLOU for example. The game tell a story that has already been similarly told before, with similar characters, and situations similar to recent movies and books. But that's not just all - they make the game so that the gameplay is entirely centered around the pacing of the story - which is more often than not boring and unoriginal. It doesn't feel like you're playing a game, as much as a really lame overproduced movie, and it sucks. That's why I'd gave TLOU a lower score and don't consider to be the greatest game.

I think the issue is that people are too easily satisfied with game stories. If they hear a story that has already been told, but slightly different, they think they've just witnessed something really amazing. The truth is that videogame writing is where failed writers of the real variety end up. Nobody wants to be a writer and write for videogames.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 sabretooth2066

well everyone probably already got it that i generally dont care much about stories in games, but once a while theres an exception, like right now!

just yesterday i started the game "lifeless planet", as a scifi-fan i actually dont find the gameplay and graphics in this game pretty amazing, but i am very interested in the story coz i cant wait how it reveals what planet it is i am stranded..maybe earth ? so in this case i play the game..and probably will finish it for the story....but if the gameplay gets too annoying or there comes up any kind of reason i will not continue this game, then i will just read the walkthrough to find out how the story unfolds

so again, i may be interested in the story this time, but the story still isnt a major motivation for me to play or finish the game, if i really want to know more about the story then i just read the walkthrough like i am reading a book and can follow the story as well without playing the game when i find it annoying to play

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 sabretooth2066

@KHAndAnime said:

I think stories detract from gameplay.

well sometimes its not only that, if you think about that some games are really huge and take longer to complete...not everyone has the time on his hands to complete those games in a few days, so often it takes even months for me to complete certain games because i often take longer breaks between sessions, and with taking longer breaks in between those sessions i sometimes forgot about certain key-elements of the story already when i get back playing the game after weeks in which i was playing other games

well, too many games and not enough time

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Krelian-co

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

LOL that anger.

dude you really should do some anger management courses. You've been venting your anger on OPINIONS. Your opinion<> my opinion. This is what this thread is about. People are supposed to share their OPINIONS. Whether you agree or disagree, it won't matter. Calm your titties.

girl.....again....this aint about me, this thread aint about me, i am not the center of this world, i am not responsible for all evil on this planet, i am no demon, i am no god nor the devil himself, you really have no need to focus on me that much, now take your lolly and move on and go watch some anime cartoons

i sound like that ?

....and youre the next fucktard who has an urge to explain himself to me, boy...i dont care how why if where and what your thoughts really are about me or about what i post, because plain simple i am not the topic here, if you feel i stepped on your toes too hard then send me pms but stop spamming this beautiful, downright smart and through and through intelligent thread, thank you, i really appreciate it

pointing out stupidit =/= explaining something xD

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#166 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17672 Posts

@sabretooth2066 said:

@heguain said:

Gameplay>story.

well then i speak for myself only that i mostly do not care about the story so i aint pissed if the story is bad cause i dont even follow it that closely

talking about HALF-LIFE, whenever i think back to that game i don't even remember much of the story but i think back and clearly remember the great fun i had playing the game and certain gameplay elements and scenes i haven't experienced in a game until that moment, like the great AI which was smart enough to throw their grenades behind the cover where i was hiding....or the blood splatters on the walls behind shot enemies....THATS what i remember and THATS what was all the fun, not the friggin story

I can hear and completely feel this reasoning, because I once totally related to it when I was much younger. I'll just use an anecdotal reference here to get my point across....my own. This is not meant to be insulting, condescending, or a comparison to belittle others' preferences, just a personal observation and reflection of my own experience to try to help enlighten why perhaps so many today seem drawn to stories/narrative/cinematic driven games more (which seems to be the case).

When I was younger, I needed things hands on at all times to get great enjoyment out of it. Whether it was playing with and manipulating toys and getting that immediate feedback by twisting their knees or posing them in whatever position best suited my particular tastes at that time, or my above post's allusion to having solely physical intimacy rather than an emotional connection as well along with it, as I've aged, things have changed. My predilection for playing with toys has grown from one of instant gratification and "gameplay...gameplay.....gameplay!!" into one of appreciation that ultimately manifests into a deeper sense of enjoyment. I don't buy G.I Joe figures off the shelves to manipulate their limbs and switch guns anymore into the coolest positions, and not because I'm so old. If I still enjoyed what that offered, I would. Instead, I now purchase Sideshow Collectible Polystone figures, handcrafted, handpainted, immaculately detailed 2-1/2 ft. tall immobile sculptures of fictional characters from universes such as Star Wars and those I love, because (for some reason I can't articulate) my satisfaction of something has developed into a greater feeling of appreciation and meaning that lies within that piece of craftsmanship (story) than anything to do with tangibility something like G.I Jod would feed back to me (gameplay). I don't play with these, they are display pieces not to be handled, but they are very satisfying to inspect.

I understand gaming by its interactive nature is different here, but the analogy between gameplay and story stands. I'm attempting to show that this is why, IF a game has a great story or some way to convey my above notions explained above while playing, something alongside gameplay that encapsulates meaning and appreciation, why they should not be discounted and can in fact strengthen what so many seem to think will weaken or destroy. This is not to say I don't still desire tangibility, games being games, this obviously still takes the priority straight up. But it (imo) should no longer be insisted upon at all costs to exclude other elements of a game that can help bring in that feeling of appreciation or deeper meanings to a game's experience. I have to wonder, back when movies first hit....they were all silent. Was there an uproar with audiences with the advent of sound and music because it trespassed upon the image's prominence and ability to convey what the absence of sound didn't? Sure, stories can do that in games just as sound in movies if both are poorly executed, but they can also be a huge compliment and strengthen that gameplay by magnitudes competently done.

To speak for myself, I don't want games that will remain gameplay focused at all costs forever. My tastes have changed, and if that happens I will lose interest in gaming very quickly. I've grown, and as such I see in adamant insistence on nothing but gameplay (even great) as almost to be an impediment and disservice to what this medium could truly grow into. Personally, this is why I've lost a lot of interest in Nintendo over the years because of their viewing games as toys and nothing more, and I suspect why so many seem to be losing interest in their offerings also, though that's just speculation on my part.

I also think it's important to remember also that 95% of narratives in gaming presently are either terribly written or executed. Just like some of the first sound with movies was more than likely atrocious attempts in their implementation. But guess what? No one can tell me today that a movie would be better without great sound. Same idea with stories in games here. Give it time, we are in a midst of a period when tech has finally reached the point that's afforded developers to begin to truly explore interjecting gameplay with more meaning that just hand-eye coordination and clever level design shown on screen.

And if that's ultimately all you desire from today until your death in your games, Nintendo will always be there for you. That is, unless they come to realize that there's a huge audience out there who desires a bit more.

dmagnusson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dmagnusson
Member since 2014 • 51 Posts

I can only say.. Half Life 1 :-)

Good story , and does f**king marines :S

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 sabretooth2066

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

LOL that anger.

i sound like that ?

....and youre the next fucktard who has an urge to explain himself to me, boy...i dont care how why if where and what your thoughts really are about me or about what i post, because plain simple i am not the topic here, if you feel i stepped on your toes too hard then send me pms but stop spamming this beautiful, downright smart and through and through intelligent thread, thank you, i really appreciate it

yes you are a brilliant mind

...now go and tell me what "sarcasm" actually means to spam this thread even more with non-topic related posts

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By sabretooth2066

@MirkoS77 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@heguain said:

Gameplay>story.

talking about HALF-LIFE, whenever i think back to that game i don't even remember much of the story but i think back and clearly remember the great fun i had playing the game and certain gameplay elements and scenes i haven't experienced in a game until that moment, like the great AI which was smart enough to throw their grenades behind the cover where i was hiding....or the blood splatters on the walls behind shot enemies....THATS what i remember and THATS what was all the fun, not the friggin story

And if that's ultimately all you desire from today until your death in your games, Nintendo will always be there for you. That is, unless they come to realize that there's a huge audience out there who desires a bit more.

you gotta be fuckin kiddin me, even those nintendo games got stories, and thats my point, every friggin goddamn game no matter how small, big, short or long, gets served with a friggin story, they even spin stories around those match-3 games

the rest of your huge article looks like youre upset that i dont care for any story, so well, sorry for you pal, i am what i am and you have to live with it...

...and i still dont play nintendo games

ps: not that i dont like your article, but you totally blew it with the nintendo remark :-D

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Krelian-co

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

LOL that anger.

i sound like that ?

...now go and tell me what "sarcasm" actually means to spam this thread even more with non-topic related posts

there you go

/throws attention

be happy now.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 sabretooth2066

@dmagnusson said:

I can only say.. Half Life 1 :-)

Good story , and does f**king marines :S

and thats what i cant follow at all, i mean you think of HALF-LIFE and the first thing what comes to your mind is its story ???

excuse me, this may sound a little provocative but if the story counts more than the game why dont you rather just read books then ? they got more and better stories than games and you dont have to waste time with gameplay and the needed configuration/rigs to handle the graphics, not to mention all the bugs and crashes and well...books are far cheaper as well

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

@sabretooth2066 said:

excuse me, this may sound a little provocative but if the story counts more than the game why dont you rather just read books then ?

The "just read books" argument doesn't make any sense to me. If you like good stories/storytelling...why limit yourself to only reading books (or watching films, or playing games)? You'd be missing out on a lot of good stuff if you choose to completely exclude entire storytelling mediums.

Anyway, all storytelling mediums have their own unique pros and cons. Videogames are no different. They offer interactivity, which you can't really get anywhere else...so if you want to experience a good story with interactivity, you might as well play some games every so often.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 sabretooth2066

@Planeforger said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

excuse me, this may sound a little provocative but if the story counts more than the game why dont you rather just read books then ?

The "just read books" argument doesn't make any sense to me. If you like good stories/storytelling...why limit yourself to only reading books (or watching films, or playing games)?

if this would be a biker-forum and someone claims he rides his bike just to feel the wind on his face, id seriously ask him why he doesnt take the next train and just hangs his head out of the window then

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#175 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@sabretooth2066: Cuz with a bike it's you riding it, not just sitting in a train and letting it take you. That's the better analogy.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

non of the answers is correct. There are some genres that totally need a story like JRPGs. There are other genres, that do not need a story like strategy or fighters. But even those that do not need a story can profit of having an interessting background.

Personally, I can bear a game if I enjoy the gameplay even if the story is shit (like Tales of Xillia 2). But if the gameplay is horrible, I usually stop playing a game even if the story seems interessting.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 sabretooth2066

@mastermetal777 said:

@sabretooth2066: Cuz with a bike it's you riding it, not just sitting in a train and letting it take you. That's the better analogy.

so then riding the bike is as well a major factor when it comes to the reason why i ride the bike in the first place ?

well ok, then its bullshit when someone claims he plays games for their story in the first place coz actually PLAYING the game is still important and not just the story factor

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By sabretooth2066

@ArchoNils2 said:

non of the answers is correct. There are some genres that totally need a story like JRPGs. There are other genres, that do not need a story like strategy or fighters. But even those that do not need a story can profit of having an interessting background.

Personally, I can bear a game if I enjoy the gameplay even if the story is shit (like Tales of Xillia 2). But if the gameplay is horrible, I usually stop playing a game even if the story seems interessting.

this is an opinion i can truly follow,

but not an opinion like this poll shows..."only a good story with a good game a great game"

games can be great without any friggin story, thats my point, but of course there are exceptions, but the majority of games still wouldnt need any story in order make people enjoy the game and find it great

lets pretend they make an assassins creed where they just make a shitload of missions with a short text to explain what your goal is regardless of any story or any relation, the game itself...the fun with playing it with all its mechanics and graphics, wouldnt be less enjoyable than if youd have to follow a story next to those missions

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Krelian-co

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@i_return said:

LOL that anger.

i sound like that ?

there you go

/throws attention

be happy now.

boy i get enough attention from mature people arguing about the topic here

you are just a pimplefaced teenie-nerd trying to make me take you serious

now go back to your plastic vagina and hump it a little to feel like a man again

talks about maturity

proceeds to insult with the dumbest 12 yo insult he could come up with

i don't even have to try to make you look like a fool xD

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MirkoS77

@sabretooth2066 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@heguain said:

Gameplay>story.

you gotta be fuckin kiddin me, even those nintendo games got stories, and thats my point, every friggin goddamn game no matter how small, big, short or long, gets served with a friggin story, they even spin stories around those match-3 games

the rest of your huge article looks like youre upset that i dont care for any story, so well, sorry for you pal, i am what i am and you have to live with it...

ps: not that i dont like your article, but you totally blew it with the nintendo remark :-D

Well I wouldn't call what Nintendo puts int their games stories, I'd define them more as pretenses to give the player incentive the begin playing. Though with Zelda obviously they try a bit harder. I didn't mean to insult Nintendo with that last comment, but they are one of the few developers that are very gameplay focused.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#182 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@heguain said:

Gameplay>story.

Well I wouldn't call what Nintendo puts int their games stories, I'd define them more as pretenses to give the player incentive the begin playing. Though with Zelda obviously they try a bit harder. I didn't mean to insult Nintendo with that last comment, but they are one of the few developers that are very gameplay focused.

I agree but now Nintendo is also a company that makes games for kids and gaming consoles primarily targeted towards families.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By sabretooth2066

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@heguain said:

Gameplay>story.

I agree but now Nintendo is also a company that makes games for kids and gaming consoles primarily targeted towards families.

i really hate to be with jacanuk on this case, but thats the point, nintendo was always more focused on kids-games and families, these days more than ever

and i actually never said i dont want any story, i just say i mostly dont care for a story and that most games would work as well without one and that i dont understand how the story of a game could be more important than the actual game/gameplay itself, some here seem to constantly forget about that

SaintsRowLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 SaintsRowLA
Member since 2013 • 331 Posts

It depends on the game. Stories are captivating and get you mentally and emotionally involved.

Stories have been around since mankind stated talking.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 sabretooth2066

@SaintsRowLA said:

Stories have been around since mankind stated talking.

thats another point, there already been so many stories told that there just cant be any new kind of story at all, so every kind of story has been told already in more than different ways, when it comes to games then its even worse because the stories in games are often just the same or just borrowed from movies weve already seen

the only stories i fall for are those with a twisted ending (greetings from the twilight zone and outer limits), and those are more rare, so if i sense some story where the end could be twisted (hotline miami for example, because its not sure who or what i really am from the beginning on, or manhunt) then i follow it!

Razrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#186 Razrabbit
Member since 2013 • 166 Posts

I think John Carmack said it best "A story in video games is like a story in a porn movie. Its not necessary, but its expected to be there."

I think great story certainly helps, but any little scrap of something is better than nothing at all, as long as the rest of the game is awesome.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 sabretooth2066

@razrabbit said:

I think John Carmack said it best "A story in video games is like a story in a porn movie. Its not necessary, but its expected to be there."

lol yeah thats a great comparison, havent thought of that one yet

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#189  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Games don't have to have stories to be good games, but I think most of the all-time best games (or at least my favorites) are ones where I enjoyed the story. A great story just makes the game all the more engaging.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By sabretooth2066

@chessmaster1989 said:

Games don't have to have stories to be good games, but I think most of the all-time best games (or at least my favorites) are ones where I enjoyed the story. A great story just makes the game all the more engaging.

it also depends on what story we are talking about here i mean..seriously...does the 08/15 action/agent/crime stories of splinter cell really move anyone ? does the typical war-stories of COD interest anyone ? well i watch every scene of COD´s sequences to see some cool action, the same for metal gear solid, those series has the best cutscenes.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Wow.... My threads never last this long... :(

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Why I rarely create any.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

Me too.... I made 3 this year....

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Thats because you never really say anything of importance. ;)

Also i dont recall ever seeing a thread started by you, your forte is oneliners and strange answers that sometimes dont mean jack

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Don't forget getting banned once a week.....

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

Don't forget getting banned once a week.....

Banned? have you ever been banned because i have never seen one single post from you that would warrant that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Yeah dude.... Its the Flagging system..... Been forbidden from posting like 5 times now on the grounds Of "Your content has been flagged too many times."

My best guess is theres not enough mods to determine the "I don't like you post" flags from the "You racist bastard" Flags.... It must be automated, but I have no Idea how many flags it takes to ban someone.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

Yeah dude.... Its the Flagging system..... Been forbidden from posting like 5 times now on the grounds Of "Your content has been flagged too many times."

My best guess is theres not enough mods to determine the "I don't like you post" flags from the "You racist bastard" Flags.... It must be automated, but I have no Idea how many flags it takes to ban someone.

Ahh the infamous Flag system, i know its supposed to make the lives a bit easier for the mods but when you get "banned" for flagging spams they have to rethink that system.

But next time it happens just send a PM to one of the mods or use the "allmodsmsg" to get it removed so you can post again. Because there is no reason for you to be having a real ban imo at least :D

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Honestly.... I think its for the best..... Too much Lulu is not good for everyone and I can use the free time I have to come up with new ways bash the same things.... ;)

wouldn't you agree ?

However something has to be done about all those "SNIPER CLONES" they are tarnishing the Real SNIPER's reputation.... Which I didn't think was even possible...

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By sabretooth2066

@Lulu_Lulu said:

you mean they get closed too soon ?

well then youre doing it right ;-)

but its really a miracle to me how this thread still isnt closed and me not banned, gotta try harder hehe