So do you guys go back to play your NES once in awhile?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
I have been meeting quite a few people that only play the NES occasionally, i don't usually find many NES collectors anymore. I myself, I put it in the same category as the Intellivision or Atari 2600 games before late 1982, I will play them occasionally but I have no real interest in them. There too high of a chance of getting games I will regret paying a certain amount for., I might occasionally try out the hidden gems if it seems interesting, but I focus more on Master System, Lynx, TG16, Saturn, 3DO, PS, etc. than those. If there's one older older system I am playing a bit frequently and collecting a lot for it would probably be the Astrocade, and that's only because there's a shop owned by a guy I call Mr.Mustache that sells all these old consoles and Home CD-players and Laserdisc players (remember those? lol, I'm old.) otherwise, I would not even be really focusing on that. A lot of games are still fun, but it's so hard to collect for systems now without taking a price dive with an even chance for disappointment, and then you have the facts some of them are archaic and hard to play, i prefer going for consoles that are heading toward more modern gameplay, graphics, and a higher quality percentage.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Not really, I have one that's been in the closet for about 20 years. Also have about 15 games or so for it. I usually don't go that far back when doing retro gaming.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

I've completely finished all the games I have for it. I plan to buy more to play and collect, even though the console is sometimes a pain to use.

It is pretty much the only console where you need to sometimes clean games you buy/find vigourously to get them to work even with a new tight 72 pin connector.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#4 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Not as much as I'd like to.

Avatar image for DragonHuntress7
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DragonHuntress7
Member since 2013 • 138 Posts

Not as much as I'd like to. :(

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
I still have it but it is broken. ;_; It needs to replace pin connector. It has classic problem like blink screen.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Yeah, all the time. In fact, I'm in the middle of the 2nd Quest of Legend of Zelda.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Adventure of Link is in my system right now. NES is an incredible console.
Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I bust it out every once in a while. I'm gonna take it out soon to play some Tecmo Super Bowl before the NFL season starts.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Yep!
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

It's the only legacy console I own (I'm not counting my backwards compatible ps3). I keep it for one game, and one game only. Mike Tyson's Punch out. It's the only game I own for the system, and to this day my favorite game of all time.

There's something about beating Tyson. When that game came out he was literally referred to as "the baddest man on the planet". He was a great "real life" villan, and an even better one in the video game. I don't even acknowledge that garbage replacement they put out with "mr dream" once Tyson's contract expired. There's no allure to beating "mr dream" (even if he had the same moves). It felt like you really accomplished something beating Tyson because it was damn near impossible to do so in either real life or the game.

To this day I've only witnessed, with my own eyes, one other person besides myself to beat Tyson. I guess that game to me is like donkey kong is to Steve weibe (sp). Lol. I play it every month or so just to make sure I "still got it"

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

It's the only legacy console I own (I'm not counting my backwards compatible ps3). I keep it for one game, and one game only. Mike Tyson's Punch out. It's the only game I own for the system, and to this day my favorite game of all time.

There's something about beating Tyson. When that game came out he was literally referred to as "the baddest man on the planet". He was a great "real life" villan, and an even better one in the video game. I don't even acknowledge that garbage replacement they put out with "mr dream" once Tyson's contract expired. There's no allure to beating "mr dream" (even if he had the same moves). It felt like you really accomplished something beating Tyson because it was damn near impossible to do so in either real life or the game.

To this day I've only witnessed, with my own eyes, one other person besides myself to beat Tyson. I guess that game to me is like donkey kong is to Steve weibe (sp). Lol. I play it every month or so just to make sure I "still got it"

sixringz1
Did you know? The real Mike Tyson can't even beat Glass Joe.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Last time I played my NES was probably months ago, part of that being I'm in the process of moving so it's packed for storage, but also I have other ways to play my favorite NES games whenever I feel like :)
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

This thread inspired to me to pull out the old nes. Duck Tales is a timeless game :).

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

I play NES games pretty regularly.  Although I find that playing on a top loader is far more reliable than on my original side loading NES consoles.  My buddy and I are currently trying to beat Life Force.  We finished it together as kids, but are having a bit more trouble these days.  :P

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

YoshiYogurt
Did you know? The real Mike Tyson can't even beat Glass Joe.

Yea i saw something on that. A 5 yr old who just smashes buttons can beat Glass Joe. Not sure i'm buying that one
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
Not anymore really, but I still do collect NES games.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I play NES games regularly but not on the actual machine.

Namely my actual system has worn-out buttons so it's a bit of a pain to play on it.