Sniper Elite V2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

remusneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 remusneo
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Sniper Elite V2 is a 2012 tactical shooter video game by Rebellion Developments for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is a remake of Rebellion's 2005 game Sniper Elite. The game takes place in the same timeframe and location - the Battle of Berlin in April-May 1945 - but now the main character, an American Office of Strategic Services officer, must either kill or capture scientists involved in the German V-2 rocket programme.

The main character is Karl Fairburne, an OSS officer who is inserted into Berlin in 1945, during the final days of World War II. It references Operation Paperclip and its predecessor Operation Overcast, the plan by the USA to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany.

This game is freakin awesome!Especially those killcams like here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JmI6B4VV2Q

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The killcams are what I like the least about that game
araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

The killcams are what I like the least about that gameBlack_Knight_00

I actually agree with you there. The killcams can get a bit tedious , and I would rather watch the kill from my scope as you would in real life. Will there be an option to turn it off?

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

You can adjust the killcams as you please, at least on the PC version. Had a little fun with this game, but it get's old fast imo. To much close quarters, would be cooler if the maps was bigger and so the kill-distance greater.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#6 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

You can adjust the killcams as you please, at least on the PC version. Had a little fun with this game, but it get's old fast imo. To much close quarters, would be cooler if the maps was bigger and so the kill-distance greater.

valium88

I agree. Or if the game had felt more like you were a sniper taking out important targets, concealing yourself, using a spotter. The game mostly just felt like a shooting gallery, even while I was playing on the hardest difficulty. I had fun but I hope to get a better sniping game someday.

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

^ Yeah that would be awesome.

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cryceaye5
Member since 2011 • 1190 Posts

Well i think the game is brilliant so far and the kill cams never get boring for me. It feels like an original game on the playstation and i like that about this game. It doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't. It's just a shame that this generation of players don't appreciate these kind of things in games and expect more call of duty games to rise up.

There's nothing wrong with this game at all. It's not the best game in the world but there certainly isn't anything wrong with it. The stories OK and the combat is a bit Iffy every now and then. But no single game can be perfect.

All in all it's fun for me to play this game. And if you're just legging through it all gun hoe then you're not savouring the game and not playing it the way it's ment to be played. And i haven't even touched co-op yet, apparently that's alot of fun.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="valium88"]

Legolas_Katarn

I agree. Or if the game had felt more like you were a sniper taking out important targets, concealing yourself, using a spotter. The game mostly just felt like a shooting gallery, even while I was playing on the hardest difficulty. I had fun but I hope to get a better sniping game someday.

A particularly poor shooting galery I might add.
The AI only knows how to charge head on at you.
For a sniping game I would have hoped it have quite complex AI, smart enough to find cover, be shocked by passing bullets and try to find their source.
Rather than the game as it is, with AI instantly locking on to you the moment you shoot.
The gamplay is quite fun though, it has some potential.

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cryceaye5

So you haven't come across soldiers taking cover or running to their fallen freinds with morphine and carrying them on their backs to saftey. Or the constant re routing of their footsteps everytime you restart a mission. Also the presence of not instantly alerting yours when they see a dead body?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Sniper Elite V2 is a 2012 tactical shooter video game by Rebellion Developments for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is a remake of Rebellion's 2005 game Sniper Elite. The game takes place in the same timeframe and location - the Battle of Berlin in April-May 1945 - but now the main character, an American Office of Strategic Services officer, must either kill or capture scientists involved in the German V-2 rocket programme.

The main character is Karl Fairburne, an OSS officer who is inserted into Berlin in 1945, during the final days of World War II. It references Operation Paperclip and its predecessor Operation Overcast, the plan by the USA to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany.

This game is freakin awesome!Especially those killcams like here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JmI6B4VV2Q

remusneo

The game is mislabeled as Sniper Elite, it should have been named Sniper something or other special forces.

Because yes you do get to be a sniper on missions and you get to kill Hitler but thats only 10seconds the rest is either running from the enemy, hiding or plucking targets if you have a noicey envoriment that can hide the shots.

But with that said its a decent shooter and worth the cost when its on sale not full price.

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cryceaye5

What like sniper elite V2. I guess you've got no idea about the V2 rockets during the world war. The title of the game makes complete sense. Is it me or are you people just coming up with excuses not to like it. The V2 assignment had nothing to do with killing hitler it's just a funny little bonus mission you can get when pre ordering the game.

the_hitman_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_hitman_guy
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts
How does V2 compare to the first Sniper Elite from 2005? Better/worse? More/less focused on stealth?
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Black_Knight_00

You can adjust the killcams as you please, at least on the PC version.valium88

Could you be more specific? How can you adjust them?

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cryceaye5

How does V2 compare to the first Sniper Elite from 2005? Better/worse? More/less focused on stealth?the_hitman_guy

Sniper elite V2 is essentialy a remake of the original. However in this one the story has changed to V2 rockets rather than preventing the soviet union from capturing the nuclear secrets around berlin. Which is almost the same thing where the russians are trying to capture the scientists in the V2 project.

Both are 3rd person shooters and both use similar mechanics. Both are based around the same quality of stealth involved. The first games minus the use ability of trip wires and obviously the X ray kill cam. But both games are equally as good as each other.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legolas_Katarn

So you haven't come across soldiers taking cover or running to their fallen freinds with morphine and carrying them on their backs to saftey.

They use cover but not intelligently and carrying a likely dying man slowly out of an open area where a sniper is waiting to shoot you just makes them look like idiots, when they know where you are and they know that you are the one who shot him.

Could you be more specific? How can you adjust them?

Check in the options menu.

the_hitman_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_hitman_guy
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts
Thank you. a) Do they feature what are essentially the same missions? or b) is V2 like an expansion pack with improved graphics?
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

How does V2 compare to the first Sniper Elite from 2005? Better/worse? More/less focused on stealth?the_hitman_guy

Sniper element was better in the first.

The rest of the game is better in V2, as i wrote before its a decent shooter but not much more then that.

And also even the cool killcams gets annoying after you have seen the same headshot 100times, so you start to go for other body parts just to see something different.

One that made me crack up is the ball kill cam :D that one is amazing.

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cryceaye5

They use cover but not intelligently and carrying a likely dying man slowly out of an open area where a sniper is waiting to shoot you just makes them look like idiots, when they know where you are and they know that you are the one who shot him.

Legolas_Katarn

How else are they supposed to use cover. Every time a soldier gets away from me he takes cover behind a wall. What else are you supposed to do blend in like a F'n gecko.

And i have no idea why you're Btching about soldiers picking up their freinds on a battlefeild whilst getting shot at, you do realise this kind of stuff happened so many times during the war. You don't have to be an idiot just crazy. Medics used to kneel in the middle of a battlefeild during world war 2 and recite the bible to the dying whilst being shot at from less than a 100 yards from the germans. Sometimes the germans never fired back once they realised what people like that were actually doing out of sign of respect.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Legolas_Katarn

How else are they supposed to use cover.

Getting behind it enough for them not to be obvious targets, staying out of your line of sight, moving from cover to cover intelligently instead of running up the middle of the road then turning to duck behind a small car where their head is sticking out, not taking cover in the same spot as the pile of dead bodies of the last people who used that spot as cover, providing covering fire for each other as they move, trying to quickly advance on your position while spreading out and trying to surround you.

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cryceaye5

How else are they supposed to use cover.Legolas_Katarn

Getting behind it enough for them not to be obvious targets, staying out of your line of sight, moving from cover to cover intelligently instead of running up the middle of the road then turning to duck behind a small car where their head is sticking out, not taking cover in the same spot as the pile of dead bodies of the last people who used that spot as cover, providing covering fire for each other as they move, trying to quickly advance on your position while spreading out and trying to surround you.

I've seen them do all of those things in the very first mission after the prologue. They even enter the building from another one to kill you. Not say surround you but they definitley advance to your position. I'm guessing you haven't used any trip mines to sotp this from happening have you. Even on the last bit of that mission where you have to kill kreidl. The germans move and dvance from cover to cover. They're not going to go prone so you're bound to see a part of their heads. If you're going by this AI as stupid then i'm guessing every game to you the AI involved in it is dumb as Fck. I've never seen AI take cover where there isn't a dead body. Or not use the same spot as cover from the last guy that got killed. It happens on Crysis,Farcry and alot of PC games with advanced AI. You're just using pathetic excuses.

The only thing i don't like is the respawning of enemies. And while their AI isn't perfect. It's good enough for me which involves a challenge to the game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Could you be more specific? How can you adjust them?Legolas_Katarn

Gee thanks captain obvious... i don't own the game... that's why i'm asking

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Legolas_Katarn

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Could you be more specific? How can you adjust them?Black_Knight_00

Gee thanks captain obvious... i don't own the game... that's why i'm asking

I've seen much worse question then where the option to change an option would be located.

Now that I know you were asking the other question that could be taken form that, I believe you can change how often the kill cams happens, if at at all.