Skyrim Hearthfire- Falkreath Land plot 'bug' - FIX

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scottster88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scottster88
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, So, I've noticed a lot of people from Gamespot posting that they can't purchase land from Falkreath after purchasing the Hearthfire add-on. None of the threads I've read on Gamespot seem to offer a fix for the "bug". And they've been locked so, I can't add onto them. Anyway, the fix is real simple. In fact, it's not a bug, but an oversight by the player. You cannot be offered a quest by the Jarl of Falkreath unless you have completed any other outstanding "Rare Gift Radiant Quests". So, if you have any of these rare Gift Radiant missions marked as incomplete in your quest journal, you need to complete it first: - Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude - Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun - Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal - Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar - Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm Once you have completed those rare Gift Radiant Quests, the Jarl of Falkreath will offer you a quest when you speak to him. You need to complete all three of his quests to be offered to buy land: - Fetch the Jarl a drink - Kill a bandit leader - Help the citizens of Falkreath Happy fus ro dah'ing! ^.^
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#2 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts

Thank you so much! I thought I was going to have to start a new file...:( 

lances2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lances2k
None of that worked for me for some reason. I was getting pretty frustrated then I installed a mod so I could just have a house and the mod fixed the problem! Heres a link for the mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36033/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D36033%26preview%3D&pUp=1
wildturkey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wildturkey2
I have a similar problem, but it has some differences. I have become thane of falkreath, and have been given the option to buy land. When i go to the steward to buy the plot, the dialogue is there. I can go through it all the way to purchasing the actual plot for 5000 gold. When i opt to but the plot. The my gold is not taken from me and my deed is not given to me. in other words, the dialogue is possible, but the action is not. PLEASE HELP!
DarkAvenger623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkAvenger623
I have been trying to figure out what was the problem for hours. Thanks to you, i can finally start hearthfire now, this fixed the problem THANK YOU